2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Good Luck to your interview Adenine_Monarch.  Nowadays, I find myself up all night thinking about where I probably gone wrong with my applications.  I'm happy that most people in here got interviews, but I am surprise I don't have any myself.  I feel like I'm in the doom and gloom right now.  I don't know how to explain this to people around me or even my program director.  Well I got some hope since UCSD just emailed me 4:45 Pacific time to fill out possible eligible fellowships.  Sounds like my only hope is winning some type of fellowship or winning the NSF-GRFP to convince the boards.

That's promising news :) I don't think they'd bother sending you that if it wasn't for a good reason. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

For anyone who might have to do this whole bit again, seriously consider bringing some money with you. Schools/PIs love having someone they don't have to give as much financial support to. Plus it shows that you're committed to your research and mature enough to scope out all your options and be self-supporting. And let's face it - money is almost always a factor wherever you go in life....(this makes me wanna groan but what can you do?).

Any word on whether Columbia Neurobiology and Behavior is still reviewing applications? My assumption is that since the first interview weekend is next week, they would have sent them all, but I'm seeing invites as late as Jan 16 last year, and Jan 24 in 2011.

I'm not sure, the results say people got notified on the 23rd, which seems really quick since their technical deadline wasn't until the 15th.  I'm thinking that maybe they will, but I'm not in the know or anything.

Congratulations! Was this the official invitation you both received, or are you the two people who posted in Results saying you got an email from POI and official email will come later?

Same here--got notification from POI and then got official (personalized) email from the grad coordinator. The committee met yesterday afternoon to take a vote on applicants, and proff said invites would go out last night and/or today.

Same here--got notification from POI and then got official (personalized) email from the grad coordinator. The committee met yesterday afternoon to take a vote on applicants, and proff said invites would go out last night and/or today.

Okay, so it's not over unless I don't hear anything today. It was a weird situation because the POI seemed 100% interested in working with me, but there were a couple of obstacles as to whether he could support a new student next year. I will be more surprised if I get an invite today than if I don't! :)

Good luck on your interview! :)

I am :)

Have you received an itinerary and the list of faculty who you will be interviewing with? I haven't yet and I'm starting to get worried.

I just got a call from Princeton for a February interview with Biology@Princeton Molecular Biology. I'd thought they were done sending out interviews, but I guess not!

Congrats!!! That is so exciting! I just put my phone on ring just in case... Haha.