Canadian 2014 SLP

I've got it! Every time someone else gets accepted...drink a bottle of wine!

When I read that, my eyes went  :blink: lol

I would die 5 times playing this game. 

I think since this week has had so many it is a full bottle kind of Friday evening..

I emailed UBC to ask when they would start with the acceptances and she said they are waiting for the admissions committee to make their decisions so probably starting later next week. Also, she ( the amazing contact woman at the UBC program) said that the accepted applicants would get a a phone call from her, and wait list and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by mail.....

so more waiting for me.... 

If anyone needs me I will be hanging out in my parents wine cellar...

Oh no !!  More and more waiting time !!!  I totally understand how you feel, VancitySLP ! 

I think the more logical way to deal with this is to simply have a drink of wine every time I check my email and there is NOTHING from McGill, at this rate I'll have five bottles done by the end of the evening 

I think the more logical way to deal with this is to simply have a drink of wine every time I check my email and there is NOTHING from McGill, at this rate I'll have five bottles done by the end of the evening 

I like your style.

This, plus my wedding next month, are really helping out the LCBO lately.

Hahahaha nicolafloo!! I like it. I'm going for a full bottle tonight.... 

I have a friend who's a current SLP student at McGill, she said she spoke with the secretary yesterday and their system is changed this year - it's automated and acceptances went out yesterday to everyone at the same time. 

Hey CaraL, I definitely got my acceptance on March 12th , so I bet the system's a little bit wonky. EVERYONE DON'T LOSE HOPE! :)

And the alcohol. I dig that. 

Definitely having some wine tonight!  It sucks because we now have to wait until next week (I would think).  2 days of guaranteed inactivity!  Just get it over with already!

Also, my status at Dal says the same thing... incomplete documents and notification pending also.  It made me nervous at first too because I got an email saying everything was complete, but they must all say that.

I think since this week has had so many it is a full bottle kind of Friday evening..

I emailed UBC to ask when they would start with the acceptances and she said they are waiting for the admissions committee to make their decisions so probably starting later next week. Also, she ( the amazing contact woman at the UBC program) said that the accepted applicants would get a a phone call from her, and wait list and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by mail.....

so more waiting for me.... 

If anyone needs me I will be hanging out in my parents wine cellar...

UGH THAT IS SO LATE! :( I think that Audiology acceptances go out later, too. Yay....and yes, Sue is AMAZING!

Definitely having some wine tonight! It sucks because we now have to wait until next week (I would think). 2 days of guaranteed inactivity! Just get it over with already!

Also, my status at Dal says the same thing... incomplete documents and notification pending also. It made me nervous at first too because I got an email saying everything was complete, but they must all say that.

my status says complete documents. did you send a second copy of your transcripts, after last semester's grades were up? I had to send my second set after January 15th

My status at Dal also says incomplete documents and written notification to follow. I sent a second set of transcripts after my fall semester grades were released, and received an email right after the deadline saying that they had received all of my documents, transcripts, letters, etc. Based on receiving the email and so many other people having their online status filled out the same way makes me a lot less nervous. They could just be really slow at updating online, as I believe someone said earlier they had been recommended for acceptance and their status hadn't changed. That's my hope anyways!

Also, the wine sounds like a fabulous idea!! I can't think of a better way to relax, and get through the next two days of inactivity. 

Maybe it is the wine talking.... But can I just say that I am happy people as amazing as you all are going to be SLP's in Canada? 

Even if I don't get in this year, it will because you fabulous bunch took the spots....  And this field is so small, I am glad that there will be such incredible and talented slp's in the country!

You are such a sweetie!

You are so going to be joining us this fall! If you don't get accepted, all the Canadian SLP peeps here will drive to UBC and stage a protest on your behalf, wearing "Free Vancity!!!" t-shirts.

Don't worry girls! I spoke to the secretary at Dal today and he said that the reason mine said 'incomplete' was that you're allowed to have up to 4 recommendations and you only HAVE to have two. So it's fine if you only have two, but it's 'incomplete' if you don't have four. 

Hope you're all having some fantastic wine!! :)

Don't worry girls! I spoke to the secretary at Dal today and he said that the reason mine said 'incomplete' was that you're allowed to have up to 4 recommendations and you only HAVE to have two. So it's fine if you only have two, but it's 'incomplete' if you don't have four.

Hope you're all having some fantastic wine!! :)

oh that makes sense then, as I have four! :) thanks for clarifying!

Maybe it is the wine talking.... But can I just say that I am happy people as amazing as you all are going to be SLP's in Canada?

Even if I don't get in this year, it will because you fabulous bunch took the spots.... And this field is so small, I am glad that there will be such incredible and talented slp's in the country!

Chin up! This is going to happen for you and I will be the first to put on one of those tshirts to back you up if schools decide to be stupid. KNOW THAT YOU ARE ALSO ONE OF THOSE AMAZING, KIND, AND TALENTED PEOPLE AND YOU HAVE OUR FULL SUPPORT!!! :)

Hey guys, so I've been reading this forum for a while now, and finally decided to contribute. 

I have a sGPA of 3.72 (ORPAS), and my cumulative GPA is 3.6. I had 32 hours with an SLP and hundreds of hours of related volunteer work at the time of application. But I think my best selling point is that I had a speech impediment as a child. 

I applied to McGill and haven't heard yet, which is definitely implying rejection at this point. My best friend got her acceptance from there last Tuesday. I also applied to U of T and Western. 

My GPA is so low due to a biochemistry course I took in second year, when that was still my major (big mistake). Any ways, there are some amazing people applying to this program, and I would completely understand if I don't get accepted this year. 

I hope everyone hears good news soon. :)