PhD applications for 2014 chit chat...

sacklunch

I haven't heard from Emory at all either. 

Just for reference, I was invited to do an interview over Skype on February 1st. About a week later I was told I wasn't on the list of first-round admits and had been placed on the wait list. If you didn't interview, chances are quite low of acceptance.

Yoondaddy, what subfield did you apply to? I don't see any results posted from in Theological Studies, which is my subfield, so I wonder if things are happening a little bit differently in that field. Of course, maybe the admits just aren't part of this forum. Who knows. 

Perhaps this has come up already in this thread (I only read the last few pages, sorry!), but has anyone heard from Brown regarding PhD admittance?

Brown admits came out a couple of weeks ago. If you haven't heard, you're very unlikely to receive an invite.

Perhaps this has come up already in this thread (I only read the last few pages, sorry!), but has anyone heard from Brown regarding PhD admittance?

Somebody did mention earlier on that they had already been accepted into Brown. As this was a while ago, I assume acceptances have already been sent out. As for everyone that applied to UT Austin, I was just rejected. Lot of rejections the last few days....

A lot of rejections are rolling out from Emory. Anyone still awaiting a decision from there?

I am.  I interviewed, (loved it), heard nothing, so emailed about two weeks ago and was told I was not in the first round of invites, and that it would actually be grad admissions (and not the subfield) who determines if a second wave of invites will occur. I have no timeline for this possible invite/rejection.  Someone on here was told mid-March/April, but I myself was never told that...

Waiting, but not really.  Realism has set in. 

Yoondaddy, what subfield did you apply to? I don't see any results posted from in Theological Studies, which is my subfield, so I wonder if things are happening a little bit differently in that field. Of course, maybe the admits just aren't part of this forum. Who knows. 

I applied to Theological Studies.  I received a rejection e-mail this morning.

I am.  I interviewed, (loved it), heard nothing, so emailed about two weeks ago and was told I was not in the first round of invites, and that it would actually be grad admissions (and not the subfield) who determines if a second wave of invites will occur. I have no timeline for this possible invite/rejection.  Someone on here was told mid-March/April, but I myself was never told that...

Waiting, but not really.  Realism has set in. 

I was the one that posted wait list news coming around mid-March or April from Emory. I was told that by my subfield chair. For the record, it seems 16-18 offers are made. If you are on the wait list, do not give up hope as I have heard that some will not be taking up offers from Emory. I sure hope I get in soon.

Edited by therealhogwarts

I emailed in to UVA and haven't heard anything.  I wasn't wait listed but wasn't rejected.  Anybody have any idea when I might get some resolution on that?  This has been a rough application cycle for me, they are my last hope!

I emailed in to UVA and haven't heard anything.  I wasn't wait listed but wasn't rejected.  Anybody have any idea when I might get some resolution on that?  This has been a rough application cycle for me, they are my last hope!

Rejections will be sent out at the end of March. I understand that one still has a chance, but it depends upon who accepts offers. Folks who know they are not attending will hopefully let UVa know sooner than later.