PhD applications for 2014 chit chat...

sacklunch

Hold your horses. Decisions will be posted to your log-in on the 13th of March. Not sure if this is a good thing, but all that I was told after I emailed in.

Whoops! This is in reference to Harvard.

Edited by therealhogwarts

Hold your horses. Decisions will be posted to your log-in on the 13th of March. Not sure if this is a good thing, but all that I was told after I emailed in.

Whoops! This is in reference to Harvard.

Mar. 13th?! I actually can't wait that long. Spouse has to accept/deny admittance before then. therealhogwarts: would you mind sharing the email address to which you mailed in? I gotta know if I'm at least on the short list pronto.

Thanks much-rejection is fine as I'm striking out big time on this round anyway, just need to know definitively so I can return to my regularly scheduled life where I don't have to read 800 pages/week unless i want to ;)

Just heard back from Harvard GSAS-- they are going to release decisions in 8 days on Apply Yourself (whatever that is). Since I had to know now so spouse knows whether to accept offer or not, they informed me of my rejection now, so there's one less competitor! Phil of Religion was my intended sub-field, for what it's worth. 

For those of you who are still waiting to hear from Harvard GSAS, have any of you had communication with them (emails, calls, interviews, etc.) that would lead you to believe that you might still be in the running? I've heard zilch from them since sending in my application, and I'm wondering how many are in the same boat.

Just got a rejection via email from Princeton Theological for Hebrew Bible-OT PhD program.  Licking the wounds today...but at least now I can start thinking about the next application cycle without the question mark looming overhead.

For those of you who are still waiting to hear from Harvard GSAS, have any of you had communication with them (emails, calls, interviews, etc.) that would lead you to believe that you might still be in the running? I've heard zilch from them since sending in my application, and I'm wondering how many are in the same boat.

I have heard nothing and am in the same boat but expect a rejection. I'll claim a couple of the result posts as well. Have been rejected at Vanderbilt but waitlisted at PTS. Subfield - Systematic Theology. So... if anyone doesn't want to go for sure, I'd be happy to take your spot. Ha! 

Just heard back from Harvard GSAS-- they are going to release decisions in 8 days on Apply Yourself (whatever that is). Since I had to know now so spouse knows whether to accept offer or not, they informed me of my rejection now, so there's one less competitor! Phil of Religion was my intended sub-field, for what it's worth. 

Metalogian, I'm pretty sure that's just the name of the program/site they use to accept applications. It's the same system that U.Va, Notre Dame, and Yale use. Possibly others too. 

so I'm gonna assume rejection at this point too; best thing for all the other stuff that is going on in my life, but ouch, my ego is really hurting. internal candidate here, so you can imagine it feels very, very personal. 

I have heard nothing and am in the same boat but expect a rejection. I'll claim a couple of the result posts as well. Have been rejected at Vanderbilt but waitlisted at PTS. Subfield - Systematic Theology. So... if anyone doesn't want to go for sure, I'd be happy to take your spot. Ha! 

Following along these lines, if anyone has been accepted at Emory and wants to go elsewhere, please let the adcom know ASAP so I can get off the wait list. Emory GDR is my dream program!

Following along these lines, if anyone has been accepted at Emory and wants to go elsewhere, please let the adcom know ASAP so I can get off the wait list. Emory GDR is my dream program!

@therealhogwarts, were you notified by Emory that you were on their wait list?  I don't see any wait listed people listed on the results page and I haven't heard from Emory one way or another.  I am trying to figure out where I stand.  Cheers

@therealhogwarts, were you notified by Emory that you were on their wait list?  I don't see any wait listed people listed on the results page and I haven't heard from Emory one way or another.  I am trying to figure out where I stand.  Cheers

Indeed. I was told by the chair of my course of study (WSAR) that I was pretty high on the overall waitlist. If you haven't heard, I would definitely email in.