PhD applications for 2014 chit chat...

sacklunch

Religious Studies. The divinity school does not confer doctorates.

Diazalon, according to your info was it just acceptances that went out Friday? /Do you know if all acceptances went out? I don't see any reported rejections and I haven't heard myself. It looks like in previous years they sent out acceptances and rejections on the same day. 

It seems three people all received word from Loyola Chicago that they are the number 1 spot on the ISET waitlist. This is confusing, as I am one of them. Did everyone else's look like this....

"

I have been  waiting for the final ranking of the Theology Section Professors, and finally the ranking has been sent to me with the wonderful strengths of the students summarized. 

Matthew, we are permitted two entries into the  ISET Theology, and you are on the list, just a fraction from the two students ahead of you.  Should either notify me that they have chosen another University, that place will be offered to you, Matthew.

Students do have until the middle of April to notify the Universities of their choice but I always ask any student who has been admitted to inform us as soon as possible so that the student who can be offered that place is not kept waiting.

So, Matthew, very shortly now, you will receive notification from the Graduate School that you are on the "waitlist", but I wanted you to know how things stand.  

As soon as I hear that one of the invited students is declining, I will write to you immediately, Matthew. So please be patient with us a little, and I promise to let you know right away.

We so want you to come if it is possible. "

Maybe I read it wrong but it sounds like they are saying I am first on the list. But on the results page two other posters claim to be first on the waitlist. What gives?

I thought my time of anxiety was over after I got my acceptance almost a month ago, but nope, I have to wait until March to hear if I'll receive standard funding or a better fellowship, apparently up to about twice as much...this is killing me. I know this is a first world problem if there ever was one, but it's hard to resist thinking about what I could do with the extra money!

It seems three people all received word from Loyola Chicago that they are the number 1 spot on the ISET waitlist. This is confusing, as I am one of them. Did everyone else's look like this....

"

I have been  waiting for the final ranking of the Theology Section Professors, and finally the ranking has been sent to me with the wonderful strengths of the students summarized. 

Matthew, we are permitted two entries into the  ISET Theology, and you are on the list, just a fraction from the two students ahead of you.  Should either notify me that they have chosen another University, that place will be offered to you, Matthew.

Students do have until the middle of April to notify the Universities of their choice but I always ask any student who has been admitted to inform us as soon as possible so that the student who can be offered that place is not kept waiting.

So, Matthew, very shortly now, you will receive notification from the Graduate School that you are on the "waitlist", but I wanted you to know how things stand.  

As soon as I hear that one of the invited students is declining, I will write to you immediately, Matthew. So please be patient with us a little, and I promise to let you know right away.

We so want you to come if it is possible. "

Maybe I read it wrong but it sounds like they are saying I am first on the list. But on the results page two other posters claim to be first on the waitlist. What gives?

I was admitted to Loyola (Systematics) and got a similar email, but with an additional paragraph of being accepted.  From what they told me, they put everyone they are seriously considering on the wait list.

Also, it would probably be helpful to know that there is only 1 funding spot for Systematics.  I was the #2 admit (also just a "fraction" behind), but unfortunately this fraction comes in at $19,000.  

I am waiting to hear if the #1 person turns down the offer.  If I do not get funding, I will not accept.