PhD applications for 2014 chit chat...

sacklunch

Best of luck. If you have any questions that a current student might be able to answer, shoot me a PM. I am in the Biblical Interp track (NT/Early Xty)

That's the track I applied for.  The email I got said they were impressed with the app and wanted to speak further.  Better retrieve my SOP for the interview.  

UVA is making me sad!! Didn't hear from them today so doesn't look like I was even waitlisted. On a positive note, realized that my acceptance to McGill (Canada) was actually advanced standing, chops a year of coursework/residency requirement off my program. Yeehaw. Love having at least one option... 

I'm currently on the waiting list at Duke. After two rejections (and counting) from other schools, it's my only live option right now. Is there anyone on here with an offer from Duke in hand who would potentially turn it down if a better offer came along?

Hey, I can dream, right? :)

Edited by PseptuagintPsycho

UVA is making me sad!! Didn't hear from them today so doesn't look like I was even waitlisted. On a positive note, realized that my acceptance to McGill (Canada) was actually advanced standing, chops a year of coursework/residency requirement off my program. Yeehaw. Love having at least one option... 

I have yet to hear from them (bad sign 1), but considering that I can no longer log into my online application (bad sign 2), that's probably suggesting I'll hear in the negative very soon.

I have yet to hear from them (bad sign 1), but considering that I can no longer log into my online application (bad sign 2), that's probably suggesting I'll hear in the negative very soon.

Can you sign in now? I was having the same issue earlier but I was also having it with the Harvard log-in and they use the same program so I'm thinking it was a server error of some sort. I can sign in to both now but don't see any changes in status or updates. 

Can you sign in now? I was having the same issue earlier but I was also having it with the Harvard log-in and they use the same program so I'm thinking it was a server error of some sort. I can sign in to both now but don't see any changes in status or updates. 

Ah ha! I can login to Harvard now too. I wasn't able to earlier. Glad to hear that isn't a sign.

Yes. Thank you! I don't suppose it makes much of a difference at this point (at least for me).

RedDoor,

Not sure if that is the case with everyone. I was accepted just a few hours ago by Oxford for the DPhil in Oriental Studies. Though it might be because I am currently completing a M.St. at Oxford and didn't really have to submit much new information, I am not originally from the UK (California native). Maybe you will hear sooner than you expect! 

Hey fidem520,

I would highly suggest emailing them at this point. I have heard from a number of sources that the initial offers have been already made and those on the waitlist have been informed. I interviewed as well and have been put on the waitlist. With that said, is anyone that got an offer from Emory thinking about rejecting?

RedDoor,

Not sure if that is the case with everyone. I was accepted just a few hours ago by Oxford for the DPhil in Oriental Studies. Though it might be because I am currently completing a M.St. at Oxford and didn't really have to submit much new information, I am not originally from the UK (California native). Maybe you will hear sooner than you expect! 

Thanks for the info! I hope so too. I was told I'd probably be accepted for the M.Phil. if I was accepted at all. Prof. Bockmuehl seemed to like my proposal, and I'd be fine with another degree. More time for networking and prepping the ole CV.

GIF related, it's what everyone feels like right now.

giphy.gif