PhD applications for 2014 chit chat...

sacklunch

I'm in the same boat ... not accepted, not waitlisted, not (officially) rejected. I haven't contacted my POI but was also considering it. I probably will just wait it out but it looks like sometimes they wait until late March/early April to send out rejections. Let us know if you decide to call! 

I applied to UVA last year and they were the LAST school that I heard from. I don't think I got my rejection notice until late March or early April, which is what you already observed. I hope you have a better experience than I did though. 

from what someone told me gsas plans to notify tomorrow or friday; if you have academia.edu you can check it and see if you are still in the running for the final round; they were looking at our apps monday (I have 3 cambridge, ma notifications)

It usually notifies you with a red number when you login; though if you click 'analytics' at the top it displays the history of searches made (sometimes it doesn't notify you with the red number, it seems). I have three looks on my profile from Monday, but they are only listed as 'USA'....haha....damnit...

ah, I see. Had no such U.S. traffic in the past week so looks like it's back to ol' drawing board...oh well, at least my wife got accepted into a much more lucrative Occupational Therapy program here at home :)

From Hebrew Union:  

"This is to inform you that currently our faculty is reviewing applications for admission to the School of Graduate Studies. The Graduate Executive Committee will meet on March 10 to make admission decisions. We will then contact you within a few days."

They and Rice will probably be final outcomes.  I'm assuming Michigan, Indiana, an Penn are rejections, as I see acceptances and interviews already posted. Actually not yet from Penn.   Anyone hear from Marquette yet?

Edited by awells27

From Hebrew Union:  

"This is to inform you that currently our faculty is reviewing applications for admission to the School of Graduate Studies. The Graduate Executive Committee will meet on March 10 to make admission decisions. We will then contact you within a few days."

They and Rice will probably be final outcomes.  I'm assuming Michigan, Indiana, an Penn are rejections, as I see acceptances and interviews already posted. Actually not yet from Penn.   Anyone hear from Marquette yet?

Last year, they notified around this same time (looks like around March 1). Nothing has been posted this year yet. Hopefully soon!