PhD applications for 2014 chit chat...

sacklunch

I'm with you, Kleets.  Interviewed, but have not heard anything.  Based on all the information I've gathered, they extend offers but give a short window for the accepted students to decide (2 ½ weeks).  I imagine that I will hear once those students make their decisions, which will be in another two weeks. I may end up contacting them for the simple reason that hearing nothing at all may be a bit more stressful than hearing No. I like closure…Good luck to you!

Yeah, who knows? Some of these schools keep their spread pretty tight. Here is an interesting factoid: last year, it seems that of all the acceptances/rejections posted on theGradCafe, all of Yale's Religion PhD notifications occurred between Feb 19-23, Harvard between Feb 19-Mar 1 (and all around Feb 20 except for a "Theology" subfield), and Princeton between Feb 20-21 (almost exclusively on Feb 20). For those of us who applied to these schools, this could be an exciting week.

I have a column on my application spreadsheet listing admissions notification dates from last year (or previous years in cases where the program had no entries in the gradcafe survey last year). In the cases where sub-fields had different dates, these are Church History/American Religious History/Historical Theology fields.

ASU 2/7 to 2/19
Columbia 2/21 to 3/1 
Duke Divinity School 22-Feb
Harvard 3/1 to 3/16
Harvard Divinity School 19-Feb
Princeton Theological Seminary 22-Feb
University of Chicago Divinity School 2/16 to 2/23
Vanderbilt 14-Feb
Yale 22-Feb

Good lord, these stipends are pretty bad...any idea what big names are giving? I know Duke gives 22k for the year and another 5.5k for summer. What about Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Chicago?

That's what I know: Brown $22,000 + 3000 summer stipend, U of Chicago basically the same. Harvard (GSAS) would be $25,000+5000 summer research grant (for four summers). I believe that Yale would more or less fall into the same range as Harvard (but no evidence), while NYC schools can be higher (Columbia and NYU at least). I have a friend at Cornell whose stipend is about the same as Harvard (humanities). 

I have a column on my application spreadsheet listing admissions notification dates from last year (or previous years in cases where the program had no entries in the gradcafe survey last year). In the cases where sub-fields had different dates, these are Church History/American Religious History/Historical Theology fields.

ASU 2/7 to 2/19
Columbia 2/21 to 3/1 
Duke Divinity School 22-Feb
Harvard 3/1 to 3/16
Harvard Divinity School 19-Feb
Princeton Theological Seminary 22-Feb
University of Chicago Divinity School 2/16 to 2/23
Vanderbilt 14-Feb
Yale 22-Feb

Would you have any information on when Fordham sends out their notices?

Would you have any information on when Fordham sends out their notices?

In 2010, 3 people reported admission notices. 1 acceptance on 2/4/2010 and 2 denials on 3/8/2010 and 3/9/2010. I have no knowledge of any program other than what I found in the survey results.

For Penn, I saw one rejection posted 2/28/2011 and one posted 2/28/2012. So, perhaps 2/28/2014 will also have results?

In 2010, 3 people reported admission notices. 1 acceptance on 2/4/2010 and 2 denials on 3/8/2010 and 3/9/2010. I have no knowledge of any program other than what I found in the survey results.

For Penn, I saw one rejection posted 2/28/2011 and one posted 2/28/2012. So, perhaps 2/28/2014 will also have results?

Thanks a lot