PhD applications for 2014 chit chat...

sacklunch

Congrats to all of the BC admits. I was hoping to be one of them, but sadly did not receive a notification yesterday. Has anyone confirmed with the department that all offers and waitlist notifications have been sent out? It would be nice to know for sure whether or not that door is shut.

Congrats to all of the BC admits. I was hoping to be one of them, but sadly did not receive a notification yesterday. Has anyone confirmed with the department that all offers and waitlist notifications have been sent out? It would be nice to know for sure whether or not that door is shut.

I haven't confirmed that everything was sent out, but given how BC normally works, I assume that all admits and those on the wait list were emailed/called on Monday.  BC has a wait list that covers all the fields (opposed to a systematics wait list, ethics wait list, etc) and they do not always go to the wait list.

To help those on the wait list- I was admitted (systematics) and will likely accept in the next few weeks.  One of my best friends was admitted (ethics) and is 90% sure she will accept, but will probably wait until after she visits other programs in March.

I haven't confirmed that everything was sent out, but given how BC normally works, I assume that all admits and those on the wait list were emailed/called on Monday.  BC has a wait list that covers all the fields (opposed to a systematics wait list, ethics wait list, etc) and they do not always go to the wait list.

To help those on the wait list- I was admitted (systematics) and will likely accept in the next few weeks.  One of my best friends was admitted (ethics) and is 90% sure she will accept, but will probably wait until after she visits other programs in March.

theotokos1, thank you so much for filling us in. I'm the one who submitted that I am on BC's wait list. If anyone else is planning on accepting or declining their offer from BC (particularly in Systematics), it'd be great to know!

Also, congratulations, theotokos1!

Edited by obstinate_questionings

For the Toronto School of Theology post, I'm wondering if they notify via college, or how the notification came to you. I've got an app in over at Emanuel.

I'm assuming that's the case (mine's at Wycliffe). I just wonder how much longer it will take the other colleges to notify us.

Hey, I was the one who got into Toronto.  My future adviser sent me a delightful email, saying that I'd be receiving an official acceptance from Regis College in the mail soon.

Edited by KJSharp

theotokos1, thank you so much for filling us in. I'm the one who submitted that I am on BC's wait list. If anyone else is planning on accepting or declining their offer from BC (particularly in Systematics), it'd be great to know!

Also, congratulations, theotokos1!

In at BC (not systematics) --- I don't normally post here, but take heart, as I will probably decline: in at Brown, wait listed Emory, interviewing at ND. 

Hey everyone! I'm a little late to this party, so I apologize if I'm rehashing things.

Have any of you received an acceptance without getting invited to interview first? The airwaves have been mostly silent for me so far: one email waitlist, one email rejection, but no interview invites. Good/bad/neutral sign, at this point?

Thanks!

Hey everyone! I'm a little late to this party, so I apologize if I'm rehashing things.

Have any of you received an acceptance without getting invited to interview first? The airwaves have been mostly silent for me so far: one email waitlist, one email rejection, but no interview invites. Good/bad/neutral sign, at this point?

Thanks!

Some schools interview, some do not, and even within institutions there are differences in which tracks interview, and who each track decides to interview (internal applicants are less likely to get an interview at some schools, for instance, because the committee already knows them). So as to say: it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Depends on the institution. Edited by diazalon