PhD applications for 2014 chit chat...

sacklunch

Also, such a weird email from BU: "Greetings from the Boston University School of Theology!  Thank you for applying to the School's doctoral program.  We have received your application, and want to invite you to submit a video as a first step in the interview process for admission to the program."

A video? Come on. 

Edited by Kleets712

Also, such a weird email from BU: "Greetings from the Boston University School of Theology! Thank you for applying to the School's doctoral program. We have received your application, and want to invite you to submit a video as a first step in the interview process for admission to the program."

A video? Come on.

That's pretty interesting. How long is the video supposed to be and what are you supposed to include?

Thanks, TherewillbeLuke, I just wanted to make sure it gets recorded before people go on break, so that it'll be ready to be reviewed in January.

I called today, but no one picked up. An clue why that was?

Yeah, today was the last day of the semester so the offices closed round lunchtime.

So, PTS requires a background check and that took a couple extra days to come in for me. Does anyone know how badly this will affect my application there? Is there a general expectation of some trickle in, or is this bad news bears? I submitted everything supplemental well in advance.

Interestingly, I know of a case where someone had a felony conviction and the cheap background check service they use at PTS had no idea... waste of everyone's time and money.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to believe my first three apps are due in a week and a half. Anyone else applying to Vanderbilt, Baylor, or Princeton Seminary?

I have applied to Baylor (Theology).

Did any other Ancient Mediterranean Religions/Ancient Christianity/Biblical Studies folk apply to Cornell, UVA, or Boston U?

Boston U, here. What interests you at Cornell? Looking into textual criticism?