Venting Thread- Vent about anything.

MoJingly

I pay for 50mbps internet through Comcast and it has been below 1mbps consistently today and I've had issues the past couple days on top of that. I went through all of their advice to get my internet back up, but all I get when I call customer service is "We can't tell you why you have this problem because we are having trouble getting into our system". Well, I'm so glad you're incompetent; I want money back for my lost work time.

We've been having problems with our Comcast Internet here in PA too... Hands down worst company I've ever dealt with. I would switch in a heartbeat if our apartment complex allowed it.

We've been having problems with our Comcast Internet here in PA too... Hands down worst company I've ever dealt with. I would switch in a heartbeat if our apartment complex allowed it.

It's usually really great because the complex has its own comcast guy who comes within 24 hours for help, but the tech online couldn't even figure out why I'm getting bad internet, so they're sending someone to check the complex lines.  :/

I hate group projects!  The other two people in my group didn't show up for class last night, and we were supposed to work on some specific tasks during the class session.

I share an office with them, so it will be *interesting* today.

I pay for 50mbps internet through Comcast and it has been below 1mbps consistently today and I've had issues the past couple days on top of that. I went through all of their advice to get my internet back up, but all I get when I call customer service is "We can't tell you why you have this problem because we are having trouble getting into our system". Well, I'm so glad you're incompetent; I want money back for my lost work time.

Comcast is the worst.

I'm really sorry. That's rough. Does your university have good health insurance? That can alleviate some of the stress.

We do which is comforting- the PA at my school was actually the first person who listened to my symptoms and didn't just tell me I was stressed out or "probably lactose intolerant". Now I get to wait a few weeks for more appointments.

Possibly having Celiacs is going to screw up my whole lifestyle. Womp womp womp.

Oh man, I know that feeling.  I was diagnosed almost 13 years ago.  The grief is real... but it does get better.  I promise.

So the people who are in my group project finally got back to me today (I don't count an email sent late last night as yesterday.)  Project is due Monday.  Good thing I did everything and have been keeping the instructor apprised.

@VulpesZerda I had exactly the same experience this week! I'm presenting discussion questions in class next week that were due to the professor today, and last night I had to email a professor, for the first time in my life, and tell him that submission is going to be at least 24 hours late because I've been unable to read a thing. I was almost in tears when I wrote the email. My headache was so bad last night as I was leaving the library that I worried I would throw up before I made it home on the bus :( My new glasses are really NOT agreeing with me. 

…. And then I got food poisoning from sketchy Indian restaurant last night. This is the worst.

@VulpesZerda I had exactly the same experience this week! I'm presenting discussion questions in class next week that were due to the professor today, and last night I had to email a professor, for the first time in my life, and tell him that submission is going to be at least 24 hours late because I've been unable to read a thing. I was almost in tears when I wrote the email. My headache was so bad last night as I was leaving the library that I worried I would throw up before I made it home on the bus :( My new glasses are really NOT agreeing with me.

…. And then I got food poisoning from sketchy Indian restaurant last night. This is the worst.

Oh no! I feel you on that. Maybe your migraine made you sick?

I was preparing myself to email two professors Thursday to say I can't attend class, and then they both cancelled! It was a miracle.

Earlier in the week I had a presentation on the worst day of the pain. After I finished my talk I tried to stay and watch other people's but my migraine made me throw up. Fun stuff! My glasses give me headaches too, but not migraine headaches. For me those come from stress, lack of hydration, lack of sleep, or a number of other random triggers.

@VulpesZerda yeah I was thinking that it might not have been just the food, but everything else together. I'm just staying in bed today and taking it easy so that hopefully tomorrow will be better. The professor emailed me back this morning and said it was totally fine that the submission will be late and to get well soon, which made me feel a bit better ;) I'm surprised this happened now since I've actually be getting plenty of sleep and water, though I have been a bit stressed since i had to present this week too while already starting to prepare for next week's presentation … I'll be glad when it's over and I have no more presenting to do this semester!

Just got a rejection after 5 interviews, conducted over 1 month!! Got violently sick the night before the interview and got well enough just to walk to the interview, which I thought went okay.... :(, can't even begin to look for the light at the end of the tunnel.

While I'm in the interim of figuring out exactly what's wrong with me I have days I feel fine and days like today where I feel like complete crap. Experiments and grant deadlines don't understand illness! :(

I turned down 2 separate offers from my family (and one from my adviser) to take leaves of absence from undergrad because of my crippling anxiety issues. I just wanted to get through the degree and see if I'd be better in industry.

Now that I've been in industry and realize that the caliber work I want to do is reserved for people with still another piece of paper saying they're proficient enough, I don't know what to do. My grades were shit, and I (along with many of my peers) know I'm better than them. The people doing the stuff I'd be doing after I get my MS don't seem leaps and bounds more intelligent than I am.

I'm doing something a high schooler could do if you wrote out instructions. I completed a BS in chem in 7 semesters for this? Fuckin' A, man.

It's one thing when I get sick during the semester--research does not stop because I'm feeling gross. It's a completely different thing when my kid gets sick. I spent the morning making homemade chicken soup, forcing fluids and medicine into her, delivering snacks to her school (because of course today was our turn to supply snacks for the class) and begging my old-timey grandmother NOT to swaddle a feverish child. In between that chaos, I'm looking up sources for three different projects and trying to read a book for a seminar tonight.

None of this is even worth venting over, it's just normal life for a mom in grad school. What pisses me off is when my adult family members who are more like extremely overgrown children complain about having a tickle in their throat and hey, ashiepoo, can you PLEASE pick up our kids for us before you rush to school after caring for your puking child all day, kthanks?  <_<

Edited by ashiepoo72

It's one thing when I get sick during the semester--research does not stop because I'm feeling gross. It's a completely different thing when my kid gets sick. I spent the morning making homemade chicken soup, forcing fluids and medicine into her, delivering snacks to her school (because of course today was our turn to supply snacks for the class) and begging my old-timey grandmother NOT to swaddle a feverish child. In between that chaos, I'm looking up sources for three different projects and trying to read a book for a seminar tonight.

None of this is even worth venting over, it's just normal life for a mom in grad school. What pisses me off is when my adult family members who are more like extremely overgrown children complain about having a tickle in their throat and hey, ashiepoo, can you PLEASE pick up our kids for us before you rush to school after caring for your puking child all day, kthanks?  <_<

That sounds like a lot! But I understand about family members who are more like children than adults. I have moved away for grad school. A perk is that they can't call on me to pick up so and so. Granted, I am a family person, so most of the time I didn't mind. But it became a Thing. And it's always at the last minute that the call comes in, too. So I had to drop what I was doing and go get the kid so that he/she wouldn't be stuck out in the rain, on a dark street corner, alone. Nagging conscience and all....