Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Rejections from Georgetown finally came out.

I haven't heard from Georgetown yet. Did they make all decisions and send out every acceptance?

I haven't heard from Georgetown yet. Did they make all decisions and send out every acceptance?

They might have put you in the waitlist then, as the first wave of mass rejections were sent.

Hasn't anyone not heard from Georgetown yet? It looks they have sent their first rejections since last Friday. Maybe it just takes time to upload all 500 rejections.

Hasn't anyone not heard from Georgetown yet? It looks they have sent their first rejections since last Friday. Maybe it just takes time to upload all 500 rejections.

You just want to know before Georgetown's tip off today versus Utah, so that you know whether or not you should root against the Hoyas....am I right? ;)

But, seriously, you'll know soon. And if you haven't heard by Thursday or Friday, shoot 'em an email. I'm waiting on a few too.

You just want to know before Georgetown's tip off today versus Utah, so that you know whether or not you should root against the Hoyas....am I right? ;)

But, seriously, you'll know soon. And if you haven't heard by Thursday or Friday, shoot 'em an email. I'm waiting on a few too.

Nah. I did not apply to Utah. Thanks for your advice though. I have already experienced that I was rejected, while others were rejected several days ago. Hopefully, same thing will not happen to me.. I am just curios how many people have not heard from the department. 

I posted this somewhere else but didn't get any replies so wanted to try my luck here. Has anyone heard back from Oxford? I applied to the DPhil in Politics and so far, no word. Thanks. 

Pretty much exactly what I have done. If you have developed any support of rapport with any professors at the school you are declining, I would send them a little personal note too, thanking them for your help and expressing regret that you won't be working with them

Seconded. Today's potential professors are tomorrow's search committee members and the day after that's tenure letter writers and so on. Thank them for their attention and the opportunity and keep it short. :)

Congratulations! :) Was it a personal email or a mass looking email? I'm still waiting :/

Thanks!

Well, it was pretty generic, though I suspect that it probably wasn't sent to many (based on the info I have pertaining to UVA's admission process--pm me if you're curious). I hope that you hear something positive soon!

Thanks!

Well, it was pretty generic, though I suspect that it probably wasn't sent to many (based on the info I have pertaining to UVA's admission process--pm me if you're curious). I hope that you hear something positive soon!

I know they're only taking 10 people, so my hopes aren't exactly sky high, but I can always dream. I live in Virginia and they rejected me as an undergrad so I was dying to go there for grad. But who knows. :P Congratulations again! 

I still have not heard from MSU. On their application status webpage, my status is still indicated as being under review. I contacted the program coordinator via e-mail  (around three weeks ago) and phone, leaving her message (last week). I was wondering if someone from MSU could contact me who by chance stumbles upon this. Thank you. 

Edited by Facade19

I still have not heard from MSU. On their application status webpage, my status is still indicated as being under review. I contacted the program coordinator via e-mail (around three weeks ago) and phone, leaving her message (last week). I was wondering if someone from MSU could contact me who by chance stumbles upon this. Thank you.

MSU rejected me a few days ago. They would email you in a few days.

Visited Bloomington this Monday, great experience. Meet with professors with shared interests from Political Science, Literature, Cultural Study, and even Geography Departments.

Jeff Isaac is charming.

So, decision made (though still waiting for some not-so-important likely rejections).

Edited by simonluo

Just placed on an admission waitlist at University of Virginia (Foreign Affairs) as top candidate.

As the 15th of April is looming, if you're considering to accept other offers please do it as soon as possible! Thank you.