MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

1 minute ago, jennaleigh26 said:

I interviewed in person and haven't heard anything. On the interview day they said they would be meeting Saturday March 5th to make decisions. They said if you're accepted you can expect to hear back sometime this week(7th-11th).

Ok that makes me feel a lot better! Fingers crossed!

Just got accepted to Hoffberger via email with some funding. 3rd time's the charm, I guess.  

Need to hear back from SAIC and Rutgers before making a decision.  Still in disbelief.  

Got rejected from VCU via snail mail today as well. Makes me sad because it's such a great program.  Womp womp. :-/ 

Edited by Kelly Neibert

21 minutes ago, Kelly Neibert said:

Just got accepted to Hoffberger via email with some funding. 3 time's the charm, I guess.  

Need to hear back from SAIC and Rutgers before making a decision.  Still in disbelief.  

Got rejected from VCU via snail mail today as well. Makes me sad because it's such a great program.  Womp womp. :-/ 

Congrats!

1 hour ago, daphnehehe said:

hi has anyone been accepted or rejected to the University of Oregon? I interviewed with them weeks ago and haven't heard anything. thanks!

I didn't even get an interview with them and still have not received my rejection. 

Got a call with an acceptance from SAIC's performance department this morning! So excited about SAIC. I absolutely loved interviewing there; the department organized open studios on the eve of interviewing as well as a full day of events for us on the interview day. It certainly wasn't "show up for your appointed half hour, then leave." Really fantastic people all around (including my fellow interviewees, some of whom were incredibly impressive people).

No word on funding, though. I'm assuming that if I were the lucky one in the department to get the full ride, they would've said so. :|

3 hours ago, oneagain said:

How did your Columbia interview go?

it was the 1st one i gave with no clue how these things go and before i found this forum

so lots of nerves and blabber but it wasn't too bad 

21 hours ago, Kelly Neibert said:

Just got accepted to Hoffberger via email with some funding. 3rd time's the charm, I guess.  

Congratulations! Hoffberger is a great program - if I could afford to go to school full time I would have definitely applied

It's at 3:30CT and I'll be sure to ask them!  I think I'm the reason for the hold up. lol 

Edited by AKW94

I haven't heard a word from SVA, NYU, or NYAA for Painting. I know they've sent interview requests and have completed some, but I haven't received a rejection from any of them. I'm also waiting to hear back about my interview with Parsons. I'm really really hoping for good things from them and should hear back by the 15th. Eek! 

So i talked to Columbia's admissions dpt again and they said for painting calls for accepted students should be made within a week or two and that all the calls havent gone out yet, not sure about other departments. 

8 minutes ago, junie said:

So i talked to Columbia's admissions dpt again and they said for painting calls for accepted students should be made within a week or two and that all the calls havent gone out yet, not sure about other departments. 

Thanks Junie!  Previous years have made it seem like if you don't get a call in the first week, then it's waitlist or worse... this is killing me.

53 minutes ago, oneagain said:

Thanks Junie!  Previous years have made it seem like if you don't get a call in the first week, then it's waitlist or worse... this is killing me.

I have also heard something like that, my Columbia tour guide told me she recieved her call the day after her interview...I'm slowly dying from this torture as well!