MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

3 hours ago, Lyndsi said:

Congratulations! Do you know yet which offer you will accept? 

Lyndsi, SAIC is my number one pick now. I just an unsure if I can afford it. I am waiting to hear about FAFSA. 

2 hours ago, llyMx said:

I received an email last night from New York Academy of Art that I was #1 on their wait list, and would hear back by March 30th. 

Congrats! I'll cross my fingers for you. I know a few people who went there and have done quite well for themselves in the NY art scene after graduating, including a former studiomate who was incredibly instrumental in making me decide to go for an MFA. (:

Edited by Relm

Would some people who applied for RISD and MICA graphic design be accepted without an interview? I saw results from the past here, and seems like a few people got accepted that way last year..or maybe not :(

Anyone here applying for MFA Ceramics at OSU and did you here back good or bad yet?

Im so on edge now. I have also applied to Penn State and UCONN, got a message saying a decision was made and to be patient.

Does that mean I was waitlisted?:wacko:

Edited by Randy Mo

I had my interview the same week they sent out acceptance....I don't know how to feel about this!  Congrats to accepted print folks, did they tell you about funding...?

Today was my last interview day--so happy to be done! 

For those who were wondering about CalArts: all the School of Arts programs at interviewed today. It's a really nice, school, I liked the vibe here more than SAIC. Everyone is very friendly and approachable. I was told we would find out as early as tomorrow, so we'll see how it works out! 

Got accepted to the The Tisch College of Arts today morning. :). I haven't received any news about scholarship though. They did mention in the mail that they will be sending in details for financial aid shortly, I don't know if that meant sending a list of general scholarship options or if they will announce the scholarships then.

Has anyone got accepted in with a scholarship? If so, Congratulations! But please do let me know too! :)

Best of Luck to everyone else who is still waiting for results.

3 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

Today was my last interview day--so happy to be done! 

For those who were wondering about CalArts: all the School of Arts programs at interviewed today. It's a really nice, school, I liked the vibe here more than SAIC. Everyone is very friendly and approachable. I was told we would find out as early as tomorrow, so we'll see how it works out! 

Which program are you applying? I did Skype interview yesterday, for photography MFA.  They said they would only take in 9 students this year. They will release the result tmr? 

10 hours ago, sissy_vicious said:

Accepted to SAIC Printmedia late this afternoon and will be attending for the great facilities, supportive alumni, and overall sense of community. So stoked!

congrats! you'll have a great time there~

5 hours ago, CoffeeKiang said:

Which program are you applying? I did Skype interview yesterday, for photography MFA.  They said they would only take in 9 students this year. They will release the result tmr? 

I applied for the Art program. One of the current MFAs told me he heard from them the day after the interview day. Good luck! 

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 8:52 PM, bb123 said:

Long time lurker, was wondering if anyone (specifically Sculpture) has heard back from Alfred since they interviewed? Also wondering if anyone has heard from Ohio University? 

UW-Madison - accepted

Syracuse - accepted w/ funding

OSU - waitlisted

Temple - rejected

VCU - no word

Ohio University - no word

Alfred - Interviewed

Hunter - upcoming interview 

I interviewed with Alfred Sculpture two and a half weeks ago and havent heard anything, even though the faculty said results would be available as early as last week and definitely by this week :S  

1 hour ago, aniram415 said:

I interviewed with Alfred Sculpture two and a half weeks ago and havent heard anything, even though the faculty said results would be available as early as last week and definitely by this week :S  

I actually heard back from them yestetday and was accepted! Not sure what their time frame is on notifying people. Best of luck to you! 

14 minutes ago, bb123 said:

I actually heard back from them yestetday and was accepted! Not sure what their time frame is on notifying people. Best of luck to you! 

Congratulations!!! If you don't mind my asking, did they call or email?

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 5:52 PM, bb123 said:

Long time lurker, was wondering if anyone (specifically Sculpture) has heard back from Alfred since they interviewed? Also wondering if anyone has heard from Ohio University? 

UW-Madison - accepted

Syracuse - accepted w/ funding

OSU - waitlisted

Temple - rejected

VCU - no word

Ohio University - no word

Alfred - Interviewed

Hunter - upcoming interview 

bb123, can I ask how you found out that you were waitlisted at OSU? My application status has read "pending" forever and I'm going bonkers. I know acceptances went out, so no feeble hopes on my end, but I am bummed about being in limbo with zero word.