MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Hi everyone!

I was accepted into Pratt's Integrated Practices program this week and am thrilled. I applied to schools in NYC (simply because that's where I live) and have been officially rejected from Hunter and waitlisted at SVA. I have not heard anything back from Columbia though and was wondering what is up with that? Does anyone know what's going on with them? I applied for New Genres and saw some got official rejections or interviews but I just have radio silence. Any thoughts on what's going on? I'd really like to know so I can either get excited to start at Pratt in the fall or consider my options (Columbia was my top pick). Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Eculby said:

Hi everyone!

I was accepted into Pratt's Integrated Practices program this week and am thrilled. I applied to schools in NYC (simply because that's where I live) and have been officially rejected from Hunter and waitlisted at SVA. I have not heard anything back from Columbia though and was wondering what is up with that? Does anyone know what's going on with them? I applied for New Genres and saw some got official rejections or interviews but I just have radio silence. Any thoughts on what's going on? I'd really like to know so I can either get excited to start at Pratt in the fall or consider my options (Columbia was my top pick). Thanks!

For Columbia people have finished their interviews and have now either gotten a call saying they were accepted or are still waiting. I know official rejection news are sent after all the calls have been made based on my experience and previous forum posts. I still havent gotten a call so I feel like I havent been accepted but I wonder if anyone else got a call from them these past few days? (Other than @trapnado)

5 minutes ago, junie said:

For Columbia people have finished their interviews and have now either gotten a call saying they were accepted or are still waiting. I know official rejection news are sent after all the calls have been made based on my experience and previous forum posts. I still havent gotten a call so I feel like I havent been accepted but I wonder if anyone else got a call from them these past few days? (Other than @trapnado)

Silence!  Are you thinking of calling the admissions office to find out?

7 minutes ago, oneagain said:

7 minutes ago, oneagain said:
14 minutes ago, junie said:

Silence!  Are you thinking of calling the admissions office to find

I interviewed at Columbia for new genres as well as photo and haven't heard a word...tempted to call the office of admission but I don't know since now I'm seeing that some of you have also not heard anything... maybe it's just taking them some time?

this wait very much feels like watching paint dry...

Edited by scaredapplicant

11 minutes ago, oneagain said:

Silence!  Are you thinking of calling the admissions office to find out?

Haha I really want to but I already called two times the past couple of days so I'm scared to call again! I REALLY should just be patient but it's so hard seeing as it's a program I really like..

Just now, junie said:

Haha I really want to but I already called two times the past couple of days so I'm scared to call again! I REALLY should just be patient but it's so hard seeing as it's a program I really like..

What did you interview for and what did they say to you when you called?

2 minutes ago, scaredapplicant said:

What did you interview for and what did they say to you when you called?

I think I mentioned it on this forum already but I called Wednesday morning about Painting applicants, they said that all calls hadn't gone out yet and they should be made within this week or next week. I didn't think to ask about other departments, sorry! But I have a feeling it would be a similar answer? But my thoughts are that I feel like many or most of the calls for painting must have gone out already because @trapnado already got their call on Saturday. Seeing as I haven't seen anyone in the other departments on this forum mention getting a call I think you guys have more hope than me haha

1 hour ago, Eculby said:

Hi everyone!

Did you interview for new genres?

35 minutes ago, junie said:

I think I mentioned it on this forum already but I called Wednesday morning about Painting applicants, they said that all calls hadn't gone out yet and they should be made within this week or next week. I didn't think to ask about other departments, sorry! But I have a feeling it would be a similar answer? But my thoughts are that I feel like many or most of the calls for painting must have gone out already because @trapnado already got their call on Saturday. Seeing as I haven't seen anyone in the other departments on this forum mention getting a call I think you guys have more hope than me haha

Maybe you're on the wait list... Maybe we are all on the wait list lol 

4 hours ago, gtakaoka said:

bb123, can I ask how you found out that you were waitlisted at OSU? My application status has read "pending" forever and I'm going bonkers. I know acceptances went out, so no feeble hopes on my end, but I am bummed about being in limbo with zero word.

I went and visited before they made offers and they told me I was on a "shortlist" for potential candidates and they were making decisions the following week. My friend who is a current grad student there told me later that they made offers (2 total in Sculpture) and those people have until April to accept or decline before they more through the aforementioned shortlist. 

1 hour ago, bb123 said:

I went and visited before they made offers and they told me I was on a "shortlist" for potential candidates and they were making decisions the following week. My friend who is a current grad student there told me later that they made offers (2 total in Sculpture) and those people have until April to accept or decline before they more through the aforementioned shortlist. 

Ah, okay. Does your application status read "pending" on your OSU portal? 

Thank you for the additional info!

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to the forum, I found this thread while obsessively researching the MFA programs where I've been accepted. I'm choosing between three places that all seem to have pretty similar pros/cons... I've talked to a bunch of people and done a ton of research and I still thing all three would be equally great. is anyone else who was accepted to a few programs terrible at life decisions and having a hard time choosing which program to attend in the fall? I know I need to make my decision ASAP so those who are wait-listed can hear back! Those of you who have already made their final decision, what were the influencing factors that made the program you chose stand out? 

2 hours ago, gtakaoka said:

Ah, okay. Does your application status read "pending" on your OSU portal? 

Thank you for the additional info!

Yes it does. Maybe give them a call if it's a top choice?