WINE, WAIT, AND WHINE THREAD

Dr. Brains

1 minute ago, flop said:

Not all schools have the day off. I was crazy enough to look up the academic calendar for every school I applied to. Ha.

I just checked the calendar of school I applied to, they don't have classes. awwww! Just another reason for them to delay my rejection. lol

1 minute ago, raaawr said:

I just checked the calendar of school I applied to, they don't have classes. awwww! Just another reason for them to delay my rejection. lol

Or they could be delaying your acceptance ;-)

Random, but the dog in your avi is so cute--is he/she a shih tzu?

3 minutes ago, flop said:

Or they could be delaying your acceptance ;-)

Random, but the dog in your avi is so cute--is he/she a shih tzu?

Lol! I wish it's acceptance but I my mind has come to terms with the fact that I am definitely going to get rejected. lol.

Thanks and yes you are correct. She's a shihtzu:D

Edited by raaawr

2 minutes ago, raaawr said:

Lol! I wish it's acceptance but I my mind has come to terms with the fact that I am definitely going to get rejected. lol.

Thanks and yes you are correct. She's a shihtzu:D

I always try to tell people to be more positive when I'm so negative myself. I feel the same about my programs, ha!

She's so adorable. I have such a soft spot for dogs. All of them make me so happy!

3 minutes ago, raaawr said:

lol! omg! so cute! is he a pomeranian?

Yup! He's so feisty and barks so much. He barks whenever the mailman comes, so I know when I have to go and see if I received anything from schools. It makes me nervous, lol.

Ugh, I just realized that it's "officially" mid-February. Even though I sense a bunch of rejections, I just want it to be OFFICIAL so I don't hold on to whatever false hope I have!

Edited by flop

3 minutes ago, flop said:

Yup! He's so feisty and barks so much. He barks whenever the mailman comes, so I know when I have to go and see if I received anything from schools. It makes me nervous, lol.

Ugh, I just realized that it's "officially" mid-February. Even though I sense a bunch of rejections, I just want it to be OFFICIAL so I don't hold on to whatever false hope I have!

How old is he in human years? my babies are so noisy too even when it's just someone walking by our door. I have 8 in total so it gets really rowdy here. lol

I know what you mean. I already sense my rejection but I want it to be official so I can finally move on. lol! How many schools did you apply to?

Alright so I got rejected by one of my top choices this morning. Always love a rejection on valentines!! It's now making me nervous as it was the closest research fit and they'd been really enthusiastic about me. Oh well. I guess having a masters in progress and only a uGPA of 3.3 isn't good enough for them. Onwards and upwards. Didn't like the school colours anyway :P 

Oh and the boy forgot it was valentines day! (this is okay though.) Chocolate and tea and sleep and we start again tomorrow. 

Just found out I'm on yet ANOTHER waitlist (that makes 3). Slightly comforting to know that at least I wasn't outright rejected since they don't put everyone on the waitlist, but what gives?????? They all say  I have a "good chance" of receiving an offer, but I hope I get off at least one of them. I wasn't even thinking about admissions until I got that email today!

ugh so I'm on a waitlist at UCSD BMS program and it seems they already offered more interviews to other people... I'm guessing that means i will only be offered if those people turn it down... if anyone out there knows anything/ is planning on declining the offer it would give me some peace of mind maybe just talking to you all... this is my only hope so I'm a bit neurotic at the moment :P

9 hours ago, flop said:

Since we're posting dog pictures, here's a picture of my dog last year. He looks so spiffy here!

11055299_1145723405456304_32580052752068

These dogs....OMG CUTE!!!!!!! Cute dogs just made my day 1000 times better.

@hippyscientist, @artsy16, @neuronerd8, sorry to hear about the rejections/waitlist positions, especially around Valentine's Day. Two things: February is halfway over, so decisions should be moving along a bit faster soon; and today and tomorrow sweet treats abound in about any store. Hopefully you all can take some time for self-care today and do something that makes you feel happy, comforted, and a little more at peace. *digital hug or unhug* Take care, and many warm wishes as we try and get through this.

11 minutes ago, Cat_Robutt said:

@hippyscientist, @artsy16, @neuronerd8, sorry to hear about the rejections/waitlist positions, especially around Valentine's Day. Two things: February is halfway over, so decisions should be moving along a bit faster soon; and today and tomorrow sweet treats abound in about any store. Hopefully you all can take some time for self-care today and do something that makes you feel happy, comforted, and a little more at peace. *digital hug or unhug* Take care, and many warm wishes as we try and get through this.

Thank you! I have wine, netflix, and family today. I'm all set for now. Trying not to freak out and remember that the more waitlists I'm on, the more likely it is that I'll get off of one. I just have to hang in there and wait longer than others. *grabs more wine*

34 minutes ago, artsy16 said:

Thank you! I have wine, netflix, and family today. I'm all set for now. Trying not to freak out and remember that the more waitlists I'm on, the more likely it is that I'll get off of one. I just have to hang in there and wait longer than others. *grabs more wine*

Well, seems like today is Valenwine's Day, ya know...

1 hour ago, Cat_Robutt said:

I agree and second all of this!

I'm sooo tired, too. I'm gonna go do some reading soon, but staying warm under the blankets in my pajamas cause it's so cold... Makes me really sleepy... 

Edited by gingin6789

12 hours ago, MarineBluePsy said:

I think Monday is President's Day.  Banks will be closed, no mail is delivered....*sigh*

For what it's worth, the bank I work for is one of the largest in the nation and is NOT closed on Monday. Neither is my University, though it's small. I don't believe any of the schools I applied to have Monday off, either. Honestly, President's Day has no impact on my life whatsoever as a holiday outside the lack of mail delivery. Don't worry too much about it, but check to see if any schools you're waiting to hear from ARE closed just in case.

On another note, I've been asking my boyfriend if it's too early to open a bottle of wine... since I woke up. We decided since it's after lunch time, it's definitely okay to open it. And hey, it's pink! It's valentine's day! 'Tis the season!
It was -24 (with windchill) this morning here, it's not like we're going to do anything productive today anyway, so we might as well stay in and drink and bake cookies.

Edited by bugabooo

12 hours ago, flop said:

Not all schools have the day off. I was crazy enough to look up the academic calendar for every school I applied to. Ha.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I received an acceptance and a recruitment visit invitation two years ago on Presidents Day!

All hope for Monday is not lost! Stay strong, friends!

3 hours ago, Cat_Robutt said:

thank you for this :)