WINE, WAIT, AND WHINE THREAD

Dr. Brains

14 hours ago, raaawr said:

I don't mind the Mindy & Danny thing. They're cute but for me it's because Danny understands Mindy for all her quirks and accepts her but this season Danny became too controlling of her. Like the whole time they built up the relationship and now it's unraveling. I stopped watching halfway through the season cause I couldn't handle seeing Danny become that person. lol. I'm talking like I'm emotionally invested. haha!

Nope nope nope!  Danny has never accepted Mindy as she was.  He's always been a grumpy old man who complained about everything about her.  I think the writers were hoping we'd forget this, but if you go back to the earlier seasons you see it all over again.  Then think about how he treats his mom and his ex wife, always controlling everything because according to him everyone else is stupid and he knows best.  That's why I was saying right from the beginning that their relationship wasn't believable.  In real life all the coworkers would have slapped Mindy and reminded her that Danny is a huge ass and she needs someone who gets her and thinks she's sexy.  

For me Danny being even worse this season was the writers finally letting him be himself instead of trying to force him into being a person he isn't.  This was painfully obvious when he kept stalling on the whole marriage thing.  If Mindy were truly his type and the love of his life they'd have been married ages ago and not playing house with a kid out of wedlock.  Then all of a sudden he thinks maybe he doesn't need to get married?  Yeah right.  Then he's like sure we'll get married, but we can wait until Mindy comes to her senses and changes to be someone he knows she can't be?  Yeah right.  So even though he's awful and I hate him this season I like that he's doing his thing.  Good grief...I am so emotionally invested lmao!

13 minutes ago, MarineBluePsy said:

Nope nope nope!  Danny has never accepted Mindy as she was.  He's always been a grumpy old man who complained about everything about her.  I think the writers were hoping we'd forget this, but if you go back to the earlier seasons you see it all over again.  Then think about how he treats his mom and his ex wife, always controlling everything because according to him everyone else is stupid and he knows best.  That's why I was saying right from the beginning that their relationship wasn't believable.  In real life all the coworkers would have slapped Mindy and reminded her that Danny is a huge ass and she needs someone who gets her and thinks she's sexy.  

For me Danny being even worse this season was the writers finally letting him be himself instead of trying to force him into being a person he isn't.  This was painfully obvious when he kept stalling on the whole marriage thing.  If Mindy were truly his type and the love of his life they'd have been married ages ago and not playing house with a kid out of wedlock.  Then all of a sudden he thinks maybe he doesn't need to get married?  Yeah right.  Then he's like sure we'll get married, but we can wait until Mindy comes to her senses and changes to be someone he knows she can't be?  Yeah right.  So even though he's awful and I hate him this season I like that he's doing his thing.  Good grief...I am so emotionally invested lmao!

Sorry that line really bugged me. Some people don't want to get married but still have kids. I know it's a TV show we are talking about, but that seems a bit judgmental to me.

1 hour ago, gingin6789 said:

Also, I'm not sure if this will work, but Happy Valentine's Day! <3 

Now I have to ask if you watch BoJack Horseman because....Bo....Jack... 

They are such cuties, btw! 

6 minutes ago, Cat_Robutt said:

Now I have to ask if you watch BoJack Horseman because....Bo....Jack... 

They are such cuties, btw! 

Omg when I first heard of that show, I freaked out cause it said BoJack!! Haha! I haven't started that show yet though!

Aw thank you! They're just little babies!! Even though Jack is quite the diva sometimes and Bo can be quite demanding for treats!

45 minutes ago, gingin6789 said:

Omg when I first heard of that show, I freaked out cause it said BoJack!! Haha! I haven't started that show yet though!

Aw thank you! They're just little babies!! Even though Jack is quite the diva sometimes and Bo can be quite demanding for treats!

BoJack Horseman is probably the most accurate depiction of Los Angeles out there, and a pretty good depiction of depression as well.

Diva pups are the cutest! My parents have a spoiled rotten pug who runs the household :P

1 hour ago, Need Coffee in an IV said:

Sorry that line really bugged me. Some people don't want to get married but still have kids. I know it's a TV show we are talking about, but that seems a bit judgmental to me.

I'm not generalizing to the whole world nor am I judging real peoples choices.  Both characters in the show have routinely expressed a preference for being married and having a family in a more traditional sense throughout the show.  So them trying to step outside of that hasn't been working for them despite their best efforts, its like a square peg round hole kind of thing.  Is that a bad thing?  No, it just isn't who they are as tv characters.    

So... here is the new kitty that we will be bringing home soon. We are still waiting for the all clear from the vet because she was hit by a car as a kitten and had a broken femur. The shelter got her all fixed up, and we signed the papers and payed for her and everything... we just have to wait 2-3 more weeks before she is completely off her medication and ready to come home. 

In the spirit of our current kitty's name "Latte'', we are looking for a good food name (I always name my cats after food) preferably coffee/tea related.

Any suggestion? We were thinking Melya.

24939947681_7b73ca3844_m.jpg

Edited by sjoh197

2 hours ago, Cat_Robutt said:

BoJack Horseman is probably the most accurate depiction of Los Angeles out there, and a pretty good depiction of depression as well.

Diva pups are the cutest! My parents have a spoiled rotten pug who runs the household :P

Hehehe!! See, Jack knows he's cute, and he even pretends to hate having his photo taken, but then he'll pose for the camera! He's a cute diva though :-) I'd love to meet a diva pug! 

@sjoh197Oh what a sweet story! I'm so glad this little kitty is getting a forever home with you! I think your name idea is wonderful! 

17 hours ago, raaawr said:

How old is he in human years? my babies are so noisy too even when it's just someone walking by our door. I have 8 in total so it gets really rowdy here. lol

I know what you mean. I already sense my rejection but I want it to be official so I can finally move on. lol! How many schools did you apply to?

He's 42. :( I die a little on the inside every time we celebrate his birthday (yes, we're that crazy.)

I applied to seven schools, and I thought that was a lot. Now I wish I applied to more, lol. Oops 

7 hours ago, MarineBluePsy said:

I have to rewatch the first 3 seasons lol. I guess you're right that this season they let Danny be real Danny, like a Danny you'd meet in real life instead of tv Danny from the first 3 seasons that you might still kinda like. Lol. I also noticed that most of mindy's friends from the first season just disappeared out of the blue. Hahaha. And Jeremy's character really went a bad route. He became such a joke. I think it's because they need to make Danny look better than Jeremy so it would make sense for mindy to end up with him and not Jeremy. What do you think? Lol

4 hours ago, sjoh197 said:

So... here is the new kitty that we will be bringing home soon. We are still waiting for the all clear from the vet because she was hit by a car as a kitten and had a broken femur. The shelter got her all fixed up, and we signed the papers and payed for her and everything... we just have to wait 2-3 more weeks before she is completely off her medication and ready to come home. 

In the spirit of our current kitty's name "Latte'', we are looking for a good food name (I always name my cats after food) preferably coffee/tea related.

Any suggestion? We were thinking Melya.

24939947681_7b73ca3844_m.jpg

Macchiato lol

2 hours ago, flop said:

He's 42. :( I die a little on the inside every time we celebrate his birthday (yes, we're that crazy.)

I applied to seven schools, and I thought that was a lot. Now I wish I applied to more, lol. Oops 

I get youuuu! I keep telling my eldest dog to never die and that he's still a baby. Lol. I get freaked out thinking I'm going to outlive them for awhile. 

1 hour ago, raaawr said:

I have to rewatch the first 3 seasons lol. I guess you're right that this season they let Danny be real Danny, like a Danny you'd meet in real life instead of tv Danny from the first 3 seasons that you might still kinda like. Lol. I also noticed that most of mindy's friends from the first season just disappeared out of the blue. Hahaha. And Jeremy's character really went a bad route. He became such a joke. I think it's because they need to make Danny look better than Jeremy so it would make sense for mindy to end up with him and not Jeremy. What do you think? Lol

You might be on to something there.  I also think they had to develop Jeremy more because the guy who played Peter (still not clear on why he left) is gone and the guy who played Adrian (probably expected to be the new Peter) left to star in Life in Pieces.  Morgan isn't going anywhere, but his character is pretty well developed and Mindy would never go for him.

I got my last acceptance... on a Saturday. Kind of weird. And it was also the weirdest acceptance letter. It amounted to "You got in. You will come here, so here's how you register and when you start. Also, IF we offer you funding you'll get an email at some point." It basically assumed I would be coming there and wasn't exactly congratulatory. Funny since a prof said I was apparently their top choice. 

1 hour ago, MarineBluePsy said:

You might be on to something there.  I also think they had to develop Jeremy more because the guy who played Peter (still not clear on why he left) is gone and the guy who played Adrian (probably expected to be the new Peter) left to star in Life in Pieces.  Morgan isn't going anywhere, but his character is pretty well developed and Mindy would never go for him.

Ohhh I watch Life in Pieces too. It's like Modern Family but not completely, and I also like Modern Family. Lol. Ah, yes, if it's not obvious yet, I am Raaawr and I am a couch potato. Lol!

I wish they didn't turn Jeremy into a kind of joke though. He was decent at the start then he just started turning into this mess. Whatever happened to the mindy project. Lol. Are you all caught up in season 4?

So, the longer I don't hear back from my last two programs, the more discouraged I get about them. HOWEVER, I found an awesome job posting for a year-long position that I'm actually qualified for and want to do, and I'm getting really excited about it! Like, maybe this might actually be better for me right now than grad school. Who knows?

I also just got back from a conference in one of the most beautiful cities in Spain, and I actually made some friends (it was a large conference, and these things tend to overwhelm me), and I'm just a lot happier (and much less of an angsty wet blanket) than I was a week ago. Wheeeeeee! 

*gets woken up in the middle of the night*

Body: Oh good, you're up! That means breakfast! 

Me: no, body, let's just.. Let's just try to get back to sleep now. 

Body: no... But we're up now... And when we're up, that means breakfast. 

Me: but it's 3am! You know better! 

Body: *gives me a wave of hunger* but I'm hungry nowwwwww

And this is why a middle-of-the-night snack is so hard to resist. 

22 minutes ago, rosali said:

So, the longer I don't hear back from my last two programs, the more discouraged I get about them. HOWEVER, I found an awesome job posting for a year-long position that I'm actually qualified for and want to do, and I'm getting really excited about it! Like, maybe this might actually be better for me right now than grad school. Who knows?

I also just got back from a conference in one of the most beautiful cities in Spain, and I actually made some friends (it was a large conference, and these things tend to overwhelm me), and I'm just a lot happier (and much less of an angsty wet blanket) than I was a week ago. Wheeeeeee! 

Are you trying out for a next cycle or just the one? Goodluck I hope you get accepted soon, I hope we get accepted soon. Lol. At least you have a plan b now. I'm still so confused right now with what I'm going to do once I get officially rejected from grad school. :blink:

15 minutes ago, gingin6789 said:

Lol! Midnight snack and 2nd midnight snack is the best. Lol

@raaawr I think I'll probably apply either this coming year, or the next one, depending on how I feel about whatever job I get. The one I'm looking at right now is being a full-time literacy tutor at a urban charter school. It's a yearlong program, so if I get in and I love it, I could get teaching certification and continue to work at that school, or if I don't, I can go to grad school. Plus, the work kind of relates to what I want to do in grad school, since a huge portion of the students are English Language Learners.

I still have to get accepted to the program, but I'm definitely really qualified for it, so that's comforting! 

Good luck to you, too! You'll definitely figure something out in terms of plan B, but I'm sure you won't need it! :D

1 hour ago, gingin6789 said:

I wake up due to hunger almost every night between 2-4am. I just keep snacks near my bed so I don't wake up my whole apartment messing around in the kitchen. It gets worse with stress... so obvi I've been waking up every single night lately. Trail mix is a go-to item. I stopped fighting my body on this a long time ago, since I'd rather snack than lose sleep because my stomach is growling!