WINE, WAIT, AND WHINE THREAD

Dr. Brains

12 minutes ago, thepinkdragon76 said:

I could seriously use some Patron right now LOL

I'm more of a mezcal fan, but Patron wouldn't be undesirable... :) 

1 minute ago, Neist said:

I'm more of a mezcal fan, but Patron wouldn't be undesirable... :) 

Right now anything will do. Haha. Once I get my kid from school I think I will be drinking lots of wine tonight. KU is playing with my emotions and I'm afraid to check my emails. LOL Don't send me emails like I am student when you haven't sent me notice of acceptance or rejection!

1 minute ago, thepinkdragon76 said:

Right now anything will do. Haha. Once I get my kid from school I think I will be drinking lots of wine tonight. KU is playing with my emotions and I'm afraid to check my emails. LOL Don't send me emails like I am student when you haven't sent me notice of acceptance or rejection!

I think one of the schools I applied to sent my number to a bunch of telemarketers. >.<

1 minute ago, anthrostudentcyn said:

just emailed two grad coordinators asking for status updates. i am so weak. 

Right now I am doing everything in my power to not bug my POI about these weird financial aid emails. I don't want to stir the pot or make any waves. eeek You are brave, I am weak.

9 minutes ago, anthrostudentcyn said:

just emailed two grad coordinators asking for status updates. i am so weak. 

At this point I don't think it's out of question to give a gentle poking. Maybe I'm off base in my assumptions, but I think it's probably fine to do so.

In completely unrelated news, I jumped on the Nexus 5x Google Fi deal. I'm migrating over because Google Fi will make my monthly payments more affordable. Yay for the preparation for poverty.

13 minutes ago, thepinkdragon76 said:

Right now I am doing everything in my power to not bug my POI about these weird financial aid emails. I don't want to stir the pot or make any waves. eeek You are brave, I am weak.

Should I email my POI about these weird emails or leave it be?

2 minutes ago, sjoh197 said:

Project Fi looks interesting,,, I don't know anyone who uses it. 

Now if we only didn't have to pay $90 for internet :/

Neither do I, but it's hard to argue with the price! :) It'll be around a $75 drop in cost in monthly bills between me and my spouse's cell bill.

And ack! $90 for internet? I hope it's at least fast internet.

Just now, Neist said:

Neither do I, but it's hard to argue with the price! :) It'll be around a $75 drop in cost in monthly bills between me and my spouse's cell bill.

And ack! $90 for internet? I hope it's at least fast internet.

Well... we can only have the fastest internet available or League of Legends and Mass Effect Multiplayer and Starcraft and every other game ever will lag and ruin the experience....

Or something like that. Idk. I just keep telling him he's more of a nerd than I am. 

6 minutes ago, hippyscientist said:

I have the best job ever :D My research at the minute involves a LOT of watching NFL videos...so I get to curl up in bed with a huge mug of tea and browse the NFL website for injuries. YAY (well not for the injured players...)

I want a job like yours! LOL

7 hours ago, KappaRoss said:

Waiting and waiting for a decision from my last school. It's agony. Checking email/portal 20 times a day. I'd go if I got in.

There is an acceptance for the school on the results board from 20 days ago, but I haven't received anything from them yet. :(

i love your name and avatar...

I wimped out and called the financial aid office. Since I didn't have a student ID he asked me for my name, DOB and asked to verify my address and what term I applied for. I asked if it was common for someone to get an email from financial aid when they are not yet a student and he kind of gave me a blanket statement of if you submitted a FAFSA and your application is being processed then yes the mass emails are normal. I told him I applied last year for a different program  and this didn't happen and was denied enrollment, so I just wanted to make sure because I didn't want to get my hopes up. It was weird all the way around.

Edited by thepinkdragon76

1 minute ago, thepinkdragon76 said:

I wimped out and called the financial aid office. Since I didn't have a student ID he asked me for my name, DOB and asked to verify my address and what term I applied for. I asked if it was common for someone to get an email from financial aid when they are not yet a student and he kind of gave me a blanket statement of if you submitted a FAFSA and your application is being processed then yes the mass emails are normal. I told him I applied last year for a different program  and this didn't happen and was denied enrollment, so I just wanted to make sure because I didn't want to get my hopes up. It was weird all the way around.

That's an interesting way to do it, asking a person not directly in the program so there are no possible negatives!

The whole situation sounds quite strange to me, though. I probably would've contacted the program director by now, but would've been torn about it.

Just now, Euler said:

That's an interesting way to do it, asking a person not directly in the program so there are no possible negatives!

The whole situation sounds quite strange to me, though. I probably would've contacted the program director by now, but would've been torn about it.

I'm too terrified to contact the program director. I have already met with the Committee chair the day before anyone in the department had received my application. I have a professor pushing for my admission so I don't dare stir the pot. I am dying over here with the weirdness of it all.

It's funny... due to being so worried that I wouldn't be accepted into grad school... I've been job searching for a few months now. And now even though I know I at least got some kind of acceptance, I keep impulsively looking at indeed and linkedin to see if any new jobs have popped up because its become habit.