WINE, WAIT, AND WHINE THREAD

Dr. Brains

11 minutes ago, G said:

Maybe I should eat chocolate... On a scale of 1-10, bow much would that help?

Well, I don't see it hurting. Try and report back the results?

8 minutes ago, Justwaitingforneuro said:

Hmm... as a future doctor I can say it should rise you happiness level by 23% for each 10grams. (You should really not trust me with medical decisions yet...)

I'm going to consciously ignore the legitimacy of that statement and use it to reinforce my desire to have chocolate.

But one question: what if my happiness level is zero? O.o

1 minute ago, Kath! said:

Well, I don't see it hurting. Try and report back the results?

Got it! Yeah! More reinforcement! 

I need as much as I can get seeing as this is probably the week that I will either have my heart broken by Vanderbilt or be freaking out about the up-coming interview. 

15 hours ago, Pink Fuzzy Bunny said:

What the heck does that even mean??!

I have no idea! So frustrating!

Also carrot cake day? mmmmmmm :P 

Also you guys stop talking about food! I'm hungryyyyy. Chocolate especially sounds amazing right now. Maybe I'll make pancakes...

1 minute ago, piglet33 said:

protein pancakes with lemon and sugar and coconut chocolate sauce

That sounds so good. I should go eat something; I haven't had food since breakfast.

1 minute ago, piglet33 said:

me too. Stuck on campus for at least another 2 hours though. Coffee it is!

The coffee machine in the teacher's room where I work puts MASSIVE quantities of sugar in your coffee even when you select "no sugar," so I'm just going to brave my next (hopefully short) meeting on an empty stomach and then trek home to leftover Vietnamese food.

2 hours ago, G said:

I'm going to consciously ignore the legitimacy of that statement and use it to reinforce my desire to have chocolate.

But one question: what if my happiness level is zero? O.o

Hey wait! I can weigh in on this because I've read a bunch of the literature on philosophy of happiness!

Basically the literature says that we can't really apply empirical data to happiness because we don't have a good idea of what it is. Any survey that purports to give data on happiness can be answered in ways that show contradictory motivations. (Example: ``Are you satisfied with your life?'' One could answer with ``no'' and still be quite happy, they just are the kind of person who strives to better themselves and sees satisfaction as a type of complacency. Welfare is probably not happiness for similar reasons.) Rational choice theory says you should do the things that you think will make you happy, though, so I fully support your decision to eat chocolate. 

I just had an hour long snuggle session with the soft white tummy fur of my cat and am now eating a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast. Despite being quite sick right now... I can say without a doubt that I am very happy. 

9 minutes ago, sjoh197 said:

I just had an hour long snuggle session with the soft white tummy fur of my cat and am now eating a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast. Despite being quite sick right now... I can say without a doubt that I am very happy. 

I'm so, so jealous.  

11 minutes ago, sjoh197 said:

I miss cuddling with soft cat tummies.

speaking of chocolate, I've been eating white chocolate peppermint all day long. So basically my days are just me snuggled in bed with my dogs while watching netflix and eating chocolates. But according to results page, Parsons will be sending out invites soon. I'm getting nervous. :/

My oldest dog follows me around everywhere I go. lol! He sleeps beside me on the bed every night. The 2nd one would sleep under my bed and the rest (I have 8 dogs in total) would sleep outside my door. Sometimes I let 3 sleep on my bed with me. They're so fun to snuggle with! :wub:

I hate you guys so much. My apartment building doesn't allow pets (as in, if they find a cat, they let it loose into the forest). So that's one of the biggest things I want to do when I'm in grad school, since I'm 1000000% a cat person. I just don't know that I'll be able to afford it, and I for sure know that a cat wouldn't like a teeny-tiny studio apartment :(