Venting Thread

dgswaim

1 hour ago, muddystone said:

Thank you for saying so. The dynamics of this relationship is such that I feel that even feeling bad about this just shows that there is something wrong with me. 

There are some professors who will never like us. I think it's tempting to seek a professor's approval, but I try to resist that temptation. It's tough, and I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with you for wanting to be accepted. 

6 hours ago, I_am_the_last_Thylacine said:

There are some professors who will never like us. I think it's tempting to seek a professor's approval, but I try to resist that temptation. It's tough, and I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with you for wanting to be accepted. 

Yes, one of those things you cannot change. Thank you!

3 hours ago, I_am_the_last_Thylacine said:

I was looking up old acceptances, and someone who was rejected from -redacted- posted that he found a video of the admissions committee handling his application: 

At least someone ended up happy.

16 minutes ago, Dysexlia said:

Just came here to say that I had a happy/stress dream last night that I got wait-listed at Harvard. That is all.

On a similar note, I dreamt a couple nights ago that Western University had accepted me to a PhD program, but not in philosophy.  I was accepted to one of those quirky programs like underwater basket weaving.  Guess I know what my backup should be.

3 minutes ago, matchamatcha said:

On a similar note, I dreamt a couple nights ago that Western University had accepted me to a PhD program, but not in philosophy.  I was accepted to one of those quirky programs like underwater basket weaving.  Guess I know what my backup should be.

I'm feeling really tempted to start a "Tell Me Your Application Stress Dreams" thread if there isn't one already.

8 hours ago, I_am_the_last_Thylacine said:

I was looking up old acceptances, and someone who was rejected from -redacted- posted that he found a video of the admissions committee handling his application: 

lmao, thank you for this

8 minutes ago, Ibycus said:

Good luck! I am hoping pretty hard for Virginia to send me some good news soon.

Thanks! And good luck! It's the silence that's especially annoying—especially as these programs have released decisions around this time in years past. 

46 minutes ago, Coconuts&Chloroform said:

Anyone else starting to wish they had applied to more programs this year - not because they'd go, but just so that they could have heard back from somebody by now?

I applied to 10 places, 5 of which had December deadlines, and I have not heard from a single one.  GGGGRRRRRR!!!!!

On 2/10/2017 at 1:27 PM, rheya19 said:

I applied to 10 places, 5 of which had December deadlines, and I have not heard from a single one.  GGGGRRRRRR!!!!!

Brutal. Hope you hear from somebody soon.

The projections only make it worse. I had my hopes up that I'd hear from WUSTL by now, on the strength of the February 8th prediction, but I've got nothing...