Fall 2017 Applicants

Bschaefer

12 hours ago, giselle baron said:

Oh it seems that they sent out interviews today and my second cycle is over with failure. Well =/

I'm sorry to hear that!! I'm (most probably) also rejected this cycle. We are going to start a new topic to prepare for next year, if you want to join?

I just got my final rejection as well. While it's really disappointing, I finally had the clarity to think about what I really want from this and why. I'm still semi-optimistic and while I'm in a better mood I'd like to get with a group and start to shop around our materials for next year. If there is a new thread, will someone link it here? Thanks for all the commiseration during this interminable wait and massive congrats to everyone who has light at the end of their tunnel! 

Edited by solitaryweasel

16 hours ago, EvelynD said:

I'm sorry to hear that!! I'm (most probably) also rejected this cycle. We are going to start a new topic to prepare for next year, if you want to join?

Thanks Evelyn, I do not know if I have the courage or perseverance to go for yet another cycle but I will definitely join you if I decide to do so in a near future. Good luck with your endeavour!

8 hours ago, solitaryweasel said:

I just got my final rejection as well. While it's really disappointing, I finally had the clarity to think about what I really want from this and why. I'm still semi-optimistic and while I'm in a better mood I'd like to get with a group and start to shop around our materials for next year. If there is a new thread, will someone link it here? Thanks for all the commiseration during this interminable wait and massive congrats to everyone who has light at the end of their tunnel! 

I'm sorry! I kinda feel comfort in knowing that I am not the only one who is rejected this cycle. I will start a new thread soon!

Anyone know if Cornell does interviews? I looked at the past results survery and didn't ever see it mentioned.

Still waiting on Cornell, Harvard, and Yale myself. And never heard from Northwestern but assuming the worst. 

4 hours ago, Medanth013 said:

Anyone know if Cornell does interviews? I looked at the past results survery and didn't ever see it mentioned.

Still waiting on Cornell, Harvard, and Yale myself. And never heard from Northwestern but assuming the worst. 

I am waiting on Yale as well, but I thought I saw that had accepted some already, so I assumed the worst on that too. Anybody been in contact to see if they've made all decisions already? 

17 hours ago, Doran said:

Is anyone else awaiting/dreading this new week?

I can't wait to get out of this purgatory, yet I am scared to know the results. 

arrgh. 

I'm with you. I'm a nervous wreck. Feeling very nervous and anxious about the results! I feel so little right now. Thinking about the other applicants whose applications are probably loads better than mine... and that is not a good thing to do. The only light out of this tunnel is that my little brother got accepted to 3 colleges as of now for his undergrad. At least one of us is going somewhere. 

So Florida University just emailed asking for my Bachelor's certificate. Did anyone get that email as well? Or did everyone else attached one in the first place? >< 

On 2/18/2017 at 1:26 PM, Medanth013 said:

@Medanth013 I heard back from Cornell on the 14th, accepted with no interview

On 2/18/2017 at 1:12 PM, Konstantine said:

I am waiting on Yale as well, but I thought I saw that had accepted some already, so I assumed the worst on that too. Anybody been in contact to see if they've made all decisions already? 

I'm waiting on Yale as well. Has anyone heard back from Yale's Anthropology department? Not sure when to expect decisions but in previous years it seems that they would have already sent out interview invites by this point. 

1 hour ago, GreenEyedTrombonist said:

I'm waiting on NYU. Anyone else?

I'm also waiting on NYU. Haven't heard a peep. But when I did my first round of apps after my BA back in 2014, NYU's rejection came 2/25, so I'm not exactly optimistic right now, lol