Back again with another admission offer! From Queen's Masters of Public Administration. Kind of a last shot backup application I sent, but it's nice to know I seem to be a fine candidate! Hope to hear from Carleton soon and then I can decide between NPSIA and GSPIA! :-)

56 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

The thought of writing a 20 page paper in French.... 

Jhumpa Lahiri did it with Italian! She wrote an entire book in a language she learned as an adult :) https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/jan/30/in-other-words-jhumpa-lahiri-review-learning-italian

15 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

Back again with another admission offer! From Queen's Masters of Public Administration. Kind of a last shot backup application I sent, but it's nice to know I seem to be a fine candidate! Hope to hear from Carleton soon and then I can decide between NPSIA and GSPIA! :-)

Congratulations! Wonderful news. I love hearing about those last-minute apps that just work out :) I hope you hear from Carleton soon too!

Another day of nothing :( 

I'm confused..uOttawa said I should receive an answer this week because my file was in evaluation for financial aid. I guess there's tomorrow. 

Edited by Hopeful2017

11 hours ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Another day of nothing :( 

I'm confused..uOttawa said I should receive an answer this week because my file was in evaluation for financial aid. I guess there's tomorrow. 

Did you get an update from them by calling or emailing? I tried emailing SCSGRAD@uOttawa.ca and just got their automatic response saying they'll try to respond within 10 days. My guess is that if they're evaluating your file for financial aid, you're definitely in though :)

49 minutes ago, JV-K said:

Did you get an update from them by calling or emailing? I tried emailing SCSGRAD@uOttawa.ca and just got their automatic response saying they'll try to respond within 10 days. My guess is that if they're evaluating your file for financial aid, you're definitely in though :)

Yeah I tried to email! I email api@uottawa tho - they respond quicker! I'm hoping to get something today but not going to hold my breath haha. I was hoping this weekend I could have some celebrations! The anxiety is real. Thank you for your response! I hope you hear some good news today :) 

Hey all,

I'm in the same boat as many of you, anxiously waiting to hear back from NPSIA.  As a side note I also applied to the political economy MA at Carleton, and received an unofficial offer on Wed.1 which said the official offer should come through some time next week.  It's nice to know I at least have options, but I am really hoping for NPSIA.

Just on this note... Where are the Munk offers? In 2016 it was March 1st, and in 2015 it was March 6th. So I guess its taking a little longer and we should start seeing activity next week? The GSPIA stuff you all are going through is tough though, especially since they already mentioned that you should hear this week. Best of luck everyone!

Also, once the offers start rolling out its going to be pretty crazy, especially as we will have a few weeks to decide what path to take with our future careers..... #calmbeforethestom

Edited by Duplified

2 hours ago, EduardoR said:

Hey all,

I'm in the same boat as many of you, anxiously waiting to hear back from NPSIA.  As a side note I also applied to the political economy MA at Carleton, and received an unofficial offer on Wed.1 which said the official offer should come through some time next week.  It's nice to know I at least have options, but I am really hoping for NPSIA.

Congrats! I got a similar unofficial offer from McMaster - told me to expect an offer soon. I'd still love to stay in Toronto though, so waiting for Ryerson and Munk 

5 hours ago, Hopeful2017 said:

For those who have been accepted so far, did you ever end up receiving an acceptance email? Or is it strictly from the uoZone portal?  

I noticed the offer from the uoZone portal first when it changed to Admitted, then I got an email a couple days (!) later only stating that my status had changed. 

I just got accepted into Carleton's M.A Political Science program!!!!! With a great scholarship package that will leave me debt-free and a T.A ship!!!!! This is gonna make my decision so much harder if I get into NPSIA or GSPIA.... Would I be a fool to reject (if I get in) those offers for a less prestigious program if the funding is small or if I don't get any funding whatsoever?

4 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

I just got accepted into Carleton's M.A Political Science program!!!!! With a great scholarship package that will leave me debt-free and a T.A ship!!!!! This is gonna make my decision so much harder if I get into NPSIA or GSPIA.... Would I be a fool to reject (if I get in) those offers for a less prestigious program if the funding is small or if I don't get any funding whatsoever?

I think it really depends on what your goal is. If you're hoping to use your MA as a jumping off point directly into the workforce, than NPSIA or GSPIA may be (marginally) better choices. However, if you're thinking of a PhD after, you may be better off sticking with the MA program through PoliSci.

I'm not sure how/if Carleton 'silos' their professors but there is also probably an opportunity to still work closely with profs from NPSIA while in the PoliSci department.

4 minutes ago, sonsofeasterly said:

I think it really depends on what your goal is. If you're hoping to use your MA as a jumping off point directly into the workforce, than NPSIA or GSPIA may be (marginally) better choices. However, if you're thinking of a PhD after, you may be better off sticking with the MA program through PoliSci.

I'm not sure how/if Carleton 'silos' their professors but there is also probably an opportunity to still work closely with profs from NPSIA while in the PoliSci department.

Thanks for the insight. I'm happy to hear this, but making a decision will be so hard if I get into either of the other programs.

5 minutes ago, sonsofeasterly said:

Just got a call from someone at Balsillie. Offered admission and a CIGI Fellowship, with more precise information on funding/details to follow next week.

Congrats! I regret not applying to more schools including Balsillie. And is your username a shout out to William Easterly by chance?

2 hours ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Congrats my application is still under review by department ... it seems I am not in first round of offers

2 hours ago, sonsofeasterly said:

Just got a call from someone at Balsillie. Offered admission and a CIGI Fellowship, with more precise information on funding/details to follow next week.

Congrats! Thats fantastic! 

3 hours ago, sonsofeasterly said:

Congratulations! I also received a phone call this morning from BSIA, with additional information forthcoming.