Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

1 hour ago, Judy said:

Does anyone also have a problem accessing the Duke decision letter link after logging into their unlink account? I literally could see nearly nothing on my welcome page.

19 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

Same here.

29 minutes ago, correlatesoftheory said:

I just checked my Duke account. No notifications for anything. Either they haven't sent anything out or I was rejected...

It seems like this is just some more creative trolling. 

Well Columbia is probably a troll, but after today I don't expect it to be a positive result for me. I have 4 lower tier applications, so, I'm still gonna stay positive.

Congrats to all those admitted! 

7 minutes ago, Comparativist said:

I think he's a math student that got a little lost.

That probably is the case. Nevertheless, I took the opportunity to finally register to Duke's website for follow-up. I completely forgot to do that.

Edited by VMcJ
Gathered evidence

4 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

That probably is the case. Nevertheless, I took the opportunity to finally register to Duke's website for follow-up. I completely forgot to do that.

Ehm ... what website? :|

2 minutes ago, Kenga said:

Ehm ... what website? :|

It's like a separate login thing, called OneLink? I dunno, Duke sent an email after they got my application which contained a temporary link to a registration process.

10 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

It's like a separate login thing, called OneLink? I dunno, Duke sent an email after they got my application which contained a temporary link to a registration process.

Ah I found it.

8 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

This one https://applicants.siss.duke.edu/

You have to make a NetID first. You probably got an email about this a day or two after submitting your application.

Thanks, figured it out. Just forgot about it.

I have a question about the time zone on the results page--a number of times I've noticed a significant number of people posting on what appears to be "tomorrow"--for example, I already see a lot of February 1st acceptances. This is not necessarily only in reference to the "Date Added," which makes sense, but mostly the "Decision Date," which from what I understand should reflect the date on which the acceptance occurred. I'm already in the Pacific time zone, so I'm used to adding three hours at times to convert to Eastern, but even then it doesn't make sense for example, it is still only 10:15 currently.) Moreover, why are people getting acceptances so early in the morning?

3 minutes ago, hyacinthus said:

I have a question about the time zone on the results page--a number of times I've noticed a significant number of people posting on what appears to be "tomorrow"--for example, I already see a lot of February 1st acceptances. This is not necessarily only in reference to the "Date Added," which makes sense, but mostly the "Decision Date," which from what I understand should reflect the date on which the acceptance occurred. I'm already in the Pacific time zone, so I'm used to adding three hours at times to convert to Eastern, but even then it doesn't make sense for example, it is still only 10:15 currently.) Moreover, why are people getting acceptances so early in the morning?

I received the UCSD rejection yesterday night, like around 10 pm. If you consider the times in Europe, Middle East, and Asia, it is already a day later there. 

Wow! Congrats to all the Berkeley folks.

On the real though: If I get an acceptance, I'm going to put something really polite and excited on here, but in real life, I'm going to be cussing and hollerin' something fierce... just FYI. 

@hyacinthus I was thinking those folks might be international...? But now that you mention the decision date... Maybe it's just an oversight by the inputting user?

3 minutes ago, ugurcanevci said:

I received the UCSD rejection yesterday night, like around 10 pm. If you consider the times in Europe, Middle East, and Asia, it is already a day later there. 

2 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

Wow! Congrats to all the Berkeley folks.

On the real though: If I get an acceptance, I'm going to put something really polite and excited on here, but in real life, I'm going to be cussing and hollerin' something fierce... just FYI. 

@hyacinthus I was thinking those folks might be international...? But now that you mention the decision date... Maybe it's just an oversight by the inputting user?

Good points, I was confused because they were always posted late in the day here, so it seemed like schools were sending out late night acceptances, but I guess also taking into account international time zones it makes sense that students in further time zones would be sleeping when acceptances were sent out, and then wake up to them when it's late here.

2 hours ago, sharklotte said:

For the people admitted to Berkeley in Comparative Politics, did you receive emails from DGS or from individual professors in your subfields? I'm trying to figure out if I still have a chance or not...

4 hours ago, cb2017 said:

For the people admitted to Berkeley in Comparative Politics, did you receive emails from DGS or from individual professors in your subfields? I'm trying to figure out if I still have a chance or not...

Mine was from the chair of the admissions committee for the department, but I'm in American. 

Edited by sharklotte
clarified that i'm in american politics

4 hours ago, RevTheory1126 said:

4 hours ago, hyacinthus said:

Good points, I was confused because they were always posted late in the day here, so it seemed like schools were sending out late night acceptances, but I guess also taking into account international time zones it makes sense that students in further time zones would be sleeping when acceptances were sent out, and then wake up to them when it's late here.

It's user input oversight. I've noticed the dates a day ahead when I have entered in my own results. I'm not sure when the system ticks over on its own, but I imagine people aren't paying as much attention to the changeable date.  Just my own two cents. 

I'm claiming one of the positive results from Pittsburgh. :):):)

GRE and undergrad GPA were not high but I guess that some experience, two MAs, publications and a period lecturing helped in the end.

Couldn't be happier!

9 minutes ago, torschlusspanik said:

I'm claiming one of the positive results from Pittsburgh. :):):)

GRE and undergrad GPA were not high but I guess that some experience, two MAs, publications and a period lecturing helped in the end.

Couldn't be happier!

Congrats!!!