Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

2 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

On the Duke applicants site? Nothing like that on mine yet.

It showed up for me after I received an email to check my portal for a decision. No rejection letter yet might mean waitlist for you? Who knows xD 

3 minutes ago, philpot said:

It showed up for me after I received an email to check my portal for a decision. No rejection letter yet might mean waitlist for you? Who knows xD 

No email, no change on the site. Nothing about waitlist as well. A Schrödinger Application! Let's wait and see.

4 minutes ago, Mike_Novick said:

So, did anyone already get officially rejected by Columbia? Or does everyone that have received e-mails to check the gsas website were in fact admitted? Nothing came to my e-mail so far.

Safe to assume rejection for Duke and Columbia if you haven't heard anything. 

15 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Does anyone know what a "Dean's Fellow" actually entails at Columbia?

Some information is included on the 2 page letter you can download. As far as I can tell, it is something given to all social science/humanities students (at least, my SO and I also got it). It seems to mean that we don't have a work obligation, at least in the first year.

22 minutes ago, Bibica said:

Some information is included on the 2 page letter you can download. As far as I can tell, it is something given to all social science/humanities students (at least, my SO and I also got it). It seems to mean that we don't have a work obligation, at least in the first year.

I also got it and agree.  I think it's just what they call it when you get funding.

17 minutes ago, KittenMittens said:

Congratulations everyone! Also admitted to Columbia, then made a semi-involuntary happy noise that scared my cat. Any thoughts on which other universities we might hear from this week? 

Congrats! I wish I had a cat to startle, but maybe I'll get one in grad school :) And I expect Michigan and Stanford. Possibly MIT this Friday or next Monday.

5 minutes ago, Monody said:

Would it be acceptable to write faculty members and ask whether they intend to stay at the university in the upcoming years?

Acceptable, yes. Might want to hold off on that for a week or two and just enjoy that you have somewhere to go in the Fall! Faculty moving is normal and I'm not sure how forthcoming they would be with that info. Grad students may be a better source of info. 

9 minutes ago, resDQ said:

Acceptable, yes. Might want to hold off on that for a week or two and just enjoy that you have somewhere to go in the Fall! Faculty moving is normal and I'm not sure how forthcoming they would be with that info. Grad students may be a better source of info. 

That is also something that you can bring up a campus visit, if you attend. They may be more forthcoming in person. 

17 minutes ago, waterloo715 said:

That is also something that you can bring up a campus visit, if you attend. They may be more forthcoming in person. 

Well, that depends on whether they intend to pay for two transatlantic flights...

edit: eww

Edited by Monody

Anyone get a Columbia acceptance but no info about funding? I know they fund everyone, but other people's results on the results page said that they got two emails. I only got one, saying I got in... or should we expect further follow-on emails that explain the details of the offer?

18 minutes ago, Monody said:

Well, that depends on whether they intend to pay for two transatlantic flights...

edit: eww

well, that's not good. Most programs just reimburse your travels for up to $500. Maybe if you combine several visits with one transatlantic flight you can ask your schools to chip in the max amount of $500?

7 minutes ago, Stadimeter said:

Anyone get a Columbia acceptance but no info about funding? I know they fund everyone, but other people's results on the results page said that they got two emails. I only got one, saying I got in... or should we expect further follow-on emails that explain the details of the offer?

They fund everyone. You'll get an email to check the portal (or it may be uploaded already?) with your offer.

On another note, just got off Skype with UND. POI says he expects decisions soon. Of course, upon asking for clarification, that meant next week. But he said he'd keep me posted, and I'll share the deets as they become available.