Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

1 hour ago, Psych_hopeful said:

I saw a few Temple acceptances on the forum...could either of these people PM their POI?

Also, if anyone has an interview at Boston University could you PM your POI?

Thanks!

Could the Temple acceptances also PM me their POI initials? Thanks!

Here's my status update for PhD Programs:

Palo Alto University - Interview 2/17-2/18

Auburn  - got sent an interview request which then turned out to be for a different student with the same middle name as me :) Yeah I wasn't very happy with the way they handled the admissions process.

Mercer  - Keeping in contact with someone from admissions my application is currently under faculty review (I turned it in Dec 1 with my other apps)

Emory  -?

Duke  - ?

UNC Chapel Hill -?

Teacher's College Columbia - ?

George Washington University - ?

University of Southern California -?

Vanderbilt - ?

5 minutes ago, UngSully said:

Auburn  - got sent an interview request which then turned out to be for a different student with the same middle name as me :) Yeah I wasn't very happy with the way they handled the admissions 

Whaaaaat? That's messed up. I'm sorry that happened to you. They should let you  interview anyway just for that. 

13 minutes ago, UngSully said:

Auburn  - got sent an interview request which then turned out to be for a different student with the same middle name as me :) Yeah I wasn't very happy with the way they handled the admissions process.

Mercer  - Keeping in contact with someone from admissions my application is currently under faculty review (I turned it in Dec 1 with my other apps)

Emory  -?

Duke  - ?

UNC Chapel Hill -?

Vanderbilt - ?

USC extended all their invites a while back 

Is it just me or has UVA (Arts & Sciences - the Clinical Psychology PhD) still not sent out invites? Haven't really seen postings for interviews there on the results page. Anybody have insights on this one?

27 minutes ago, UngSully said:

Emory  -?

Duke  - ?

UNC Chapel Hill -?

Vanderbilt - ?

Duke, UNC CH and USC all extended invites already, sorry :/

Hi All, waiting to hear from the following schools: UMass Boston (Clinical), NYU (Counseling), Teacher's College Columbia (Clinical), Georgia State (Clinical/Community), Penn State (Child Clinical). Have any of these programs finished sending out invites? If so, I'd like to cross them off the list! Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, NeisserThanILook said:

Just to clarify for everyone posting about USC invites - you're referring to interview invitations, not admissions offers, correct?

Yep interview invitations. Sorry about the confusion.

8 minutes ago, Psyched56 said:

Hi All, waiting to hear from the following schools: UMass Boston (Clinical), NYU (Counseling), Teacher's College Columbia (Clinical), Georgia State (Clinical/Community), Penn State (Child Clinical). Have any of these programs finished sending out invites? If so, I'd like to cross them off the list! Thanks! 

I believe Penn State is done, although I can't confirm this. It looks like a number of people had Skype interviews in December. I also saw email invitations earlier this month. I'm curious about UMass, too. I'm thinking it's either over or almost over because the committee met earlier this week, and people have since posted invitation invites from POIs on the results page.

Edited by periwinkle27

46 minutes ago, elephantbird said:

Does anyone happen to know if all of the UCLA invites have been extended? I'm assuming they probably have been at this point, but wondering if anyone knows that for sure. Thanks!

I can't confirm this either, but I just got an invitation to the admission weekend dinner via evite (I was invited to the interview earlier this week), which made me believe that they have a finalized list of attendees to the interviews already and are starting to organize social events.  Hope this helps! Best of luck! 

2 minutes ago, wez said:

I can't confirm this either, but I just got an invitation to the admission weekend dinner via evite (I was invited to the interview earlier this week), which made me believe that they have a finalized list of attendees to the interviews already and are starting to organize social events.  Hope this helps! Best of luck! 

Thanks so much for the info! That definitely helps.

For people who applied to Columbia TC Clinical: They have a short list of applicants that are currently being phone screened, and should start sending out in-person invites early next week for an "early march" interview date. Not sure what their process is, but it sounds like they really read through my whole application and got to know me on paper, I was really impressed.

Has anyone heard from Clinical Science/ Psychology PhD at Harvard? I just saw an update that someone got a POI phone interview but my understanding was that department (POI MN) did not do interviews. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, clinical sike said:

I haven't seen anything on here yet... but has anyone heard from University of Arizona? There also wasn't any info about it on that clinicalpsychgradschool.org calendar 

I called there today and 1st round invites have been out - if they don't find what they are looking for or people turn them down another round of invites will be sent out.  They will not be sending any rejections till March.

3 hours ago, UngSully said:

I heard from Mercer on the 20th. I was wondering what you've heard about this program, let me know thanks!