Projected Acceptance Dates for English PHD programs

I am also keen on hearing more details(on funding, etc) from people who made it to NYU. Although they seem to have send out unofficial acceptances on phone, I think that one of the GCers  who was accepted last week said that they would be receiving their formal offer letters today.

53 minutes ago, OceansAreBlue said:

I am also keen on hearing more details(on funding, etc) from people who made it to NYU. Although they seem to have send out unofficial acceptances on phone, I think that one of the GCers  who was accepted last week said that they would be receiving their formal offer letters today.

Yes! I'm waiting on this too. I think that's why I'm making myself nuts today specifically. 

14 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

there's ... a Michigan ... on the board ...

I'll be over here doing some Lamaze breathing if anyone wants to join.

I'm just over here groaning under my desk. As if my coworkers didn't think I was weird enough. 

Obvious congrats to the lucky ones, but omg plz come to the threads and comment so we KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING. 

50 minutes ago, themoderncondition said:

Yes! I'm waiting on this too. I think that's why I'm making myself nuts today specifically. 

I am not sure how much info we can get, especially considering that those who have been accepted to NYU are not very active here.

7 minutes ago, OceansAreBlue said:

I am not sure how much info we can get, especially considering that those who have been accepted to NYU are not very active here.

Another NYU post so perhaps acceptances are still being released! Good luck!!!

On 2/13/2018 at 5:02 PM, cafeduneant said:

Hi, I'm a long-time lurker and a current Princeton undergrad; I'm also applying for U.S. English PhDs/Oxbridge Master's programs this cycle.

I just spoke to one of my professors who sits on the Princeton graduate admissions committee, and she said results should be coming out this week (I assume at the end). I'm not applying there but wanted to pass along this (admittedly vague) information for anyone who is. 

Thanks for the info on Princeton. Which Oxbridge? I’m an undergrad at Cambridge.

1 hour ago, toxicmoss said:

Seeing as UC Davis, Santa Barbara, and Riverside have started sending out acceptances would it be safe to estimate that most of them would be sent out by this Friday/next week Tuesday? 

I'm also stressing about this haha! For the latter two at least, they usually have a gooood few more acceptances than are up right now. UCR looks like it historically notifies over the course of a week.  It seems like Davis usually has a couple more acceptances than this, but it might just be that the dispersal of acceptees posting on GradCafe is down this year...they do do it by phone call (I assume from a POI?) though, so I imagine there's a degree of fluctuation there, based on what area people are working in?  UCSB also has a few more but I'm super puzzled because they seem staggered this year when in previous years it's all been at once.  Someone in one of the other topics said they had intel that UCSB would be notifying (or maybe in this case, done notifying?) until the end of February.  UGH! As you can tell, I spend too much time thinking about this :wacko:  To answer the question you initially asked though, probably yes on UCR and UCD, possibly not on UCSB?

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

My friend didn't get the official notice today so likely still some time. it seems like a late week for me as well. 

Do you have any sense if everyone who got accepted also got the same kind of unofficial, personalized acceptance your friend did? 

3 minutes ago, Stormborn said:

Does anyone know what’s up with Yale? There was that one acceptance on Monday and then......nothing,...

I think I read on one of the posts that someone contacted them--apparently they have not made or released decisions yet. So I think there is hope yet!

21 minutes ago, punctilious said:

I think I read on one of the posts that someone contacted them--apparently they have not made or released decisions yet. So I think there is hope yet!

Oh! My many thanks to that person — and to you.  

31 minutes ago, Stormborn said:

Oh! My many thanks to that person — and to you.  

Yes, I did! Here is the email I received back (perhaps rightfully snarky), below. So I'm not sure what to make of the Caleb Smith phone call but this gives me a tiny tiny bit of hope:

The admissions committee for the English graduate program has not made any decisions yet. We will notify applicants as soon as the process is complete. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.