2017 Acceptances

9 minutes ago, Zelda said:

Ok, whomever posted the Trump University acceptance--you win today! Literally laughing & made me so happy when I normally have so much anxiety looking at that survey page! :-P

Hahaha loved it.

14 minutes ago, Zelda said:

Ok, whomever posted the Trump University acceptance--you win today! Literally laughing & made me so happy when I normally have so much anxiety looking at that survey page! :-P

Too good - needed that today.

1 minute ago, Avalanched said:

Do we know if Yale is done notifying their lucky applicants? 

Probably, although I'm retaining a (tiny) bit of hope because I applied to one of the joint programs (Renaissance studies) which I'm fantasizing may take longer because the apps have to clear two committees.

Today has been rather slow...

I am caught in the situation that according to gradcafe, my remaining schools do not notify until Late February / Early March. There's a big gap between my early acceptances and the later ones, and I need to restrain myself from making impulsive decisions.

11 minutes ago, KikiDelivery said:

Today has been rather slow...

I am caught in the situation that according to gradcafe, my remaining schools do not notify until Late February / Early March. There's a big gap between my early acceptances and the later ones, and I need to restrain myself from making impulsive decisions.

It's funny -- I've been in a couple PMs with other GCers and we've all said the exact same thing: it's hard not to just commit to one program (even if we only have one and are waitlisted elsewhere...) and be done with it.

But as I always say...it's best to respect the process and just wait it out. It's more vexing, but it makes the most sense.

#adulting

49 minutes ago, Wyatt's Terps said:

It's funny -- I've been in a couple PMs with other GCers and we've all said the exact same thing: it's hard not to just commit to one program (even if we only have one and are waitlisted elsewhere...) and be done with it.

But as I always say...it's best to respect the process and just wait it out. It's more vexing, but it makes the most sense.

#adulting

Their loss. Not yours. ;)

On 2/22/2017 at 1:01 AM, cloudyword said:

I got an email from UBC yesterday, saying that the GC has offered me an admission. My first acceptance, hooray! Though I'm still waiting for other result turnouts, I've started to consider accepting this offer. (Only if the costs were not so intimidating!)

Congrats!

7 hours ago, cloudyword said:

I got an email from UBC yesterday, saying that the GC has offered me an admission. My first acceptance, hooray! Though I'm still waiting for other result turnouts, I've started to consider accepting this offer. (Only if the costs were not so intimidating!)

Congrats! I'm the other UBC acceptance a few days ago, and I've started to consider it too! The costs, while still more than I'd prefer, are honestly less than I expected. Probably because I have American private tuition as a benchmark in my head since I did my undergrad somewhere that was like $24k per semester (if I hadn't had crazy scholarships and grants) and UBC is still less than half that per year. It's also pretty much the best fit for my research interest given the Oecologies group, so I'm pretty stoked about it. 

1 minute ago, zombiekeats said:

Congratulations and good luck to anyone still waiting!

Has anyone heard anything from Columbia yet, or anything concrete from Michigan?

There have been some Michigan acceptances on the board! Some of their joint programs have not notified yet (that anyone on GC knows of) 

8 minutes ago, natalielouise said:

There have been some Michigan acceptances on the board! Some of their joint programs have not notified yet (that anyone on GC knows of) 

Yeah! I've seen a lot of them were informal offers with a formal offer to follow this week--I'm using it as a reason to hold out hope for waitlist, and not just strike them off my list :/

Just now, zombiekeats said:

Yeah! I've seen a lot of them were informal offers with a formal offer to follow this week--I'm using it as a reason to hold out hope for waitlist, and not just strike them off my list :/

Sending good vibes!!!! I hope you hear something soon! 

1 hour ago, zombiekeats said:

Congratulations and good luck to anyone still waiting!

Has anyone heard anything from Columbia yet, or anything concrete from Michigan?

Columbia's AdCom does not meet until this Friday, so that's the earliest we'll hear, but most likely next week!

6 minutes ago, shoestofollow said:

Columbia's AdCom does not meet until this Friday, so that's the earliest we'll hear, but most likely next week!

Ah! Thank you! Good to know. 

1 hour ago, natalielouise said:

Sending good vibes!!!! I hope you hear something soon! 

Thank you!! Same to you, I hope all goes well!

Congrats @cloudyword and @eadwacer on the UBC acceptances! Vancouver is a beautiful city. Just to double-check, were your acceptances for the MA or the PhD program? I applied to the PhD program but I heard they only took 4 people last year so it's quite a competitive institution.