2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

Thank you, everyone!!!!! My brain is totally unable to parse this information right now.

How did you find out? Snail mail? Phone call? Did you have an interview? I am waiting to find out for painting....RISD would be the only reason I decide not to move to NY

How did you find out? Snail mail? Phone call? Did you have an interview? I am waiting to find out for painting....RISD would be the only reason I decide not to move to NY

It was strange, yesterday they schedule a phone call for today so the department head could ask me some questions. It ended up being a combined interview/acceptance call.

Thank you, everyone!!!!! My brain is totally unable to parse this information right now.

congratulations sophiab, that's great news. it's a great program.

did you get a letter, an email, a phonecall?

i interviewed at risd (painting) and am still waiting to hear back...

@ Rolando & sophiab // Congratulations on such wonderful acceptances!!! What a forum, huh? Everyone shares everything! The agonizing pain of waiting and the indescribable joy of being acceptedsmile.gif

a lot of People have been mentioning NYU, are you referring to Steinhardt? or something else. I haven't heard from them yet.

my list:

Accepted:

Calarts (fine arts)

CCA (studio art, new Genres)

SFAI (new Genres)

Otis (Public Practice)

Rejected:

Hunter

UCLA

YALE

No word:

SVA

NYU Steinhardt

UCI (interviewed)

Columbia

crey01 the NYU program I referred to was the Tisch Interactive Telecommunications Program. You also got into SFAI New Genre! What do you think about the program?

Anybody hear recently from SVA Fine Arts? I've seen a few have heard on this site, but it looks like most of us are still waiting to hear?? Getting sick of checking my mailbox only to find lousy coupons!

Anybody hear recently from SVA Fine Arts? I've seen a few have heard on this site, but it looks like most of us are still waiting to hear?? Getting sick of checking my mailbox only to find lousy coupons!

I got my acceptance (painting) packet via priority mail on the 22nd. the date on the letter was march 17th if that helps at all.

Good luck Audiopants! I know some really good schools for Graphic Design MFA are still taking applications. SCAD and Parsons are among those. Just in case you were interested. :)

So that explains why I haven't heard *anything* from Parsons. Right?

I'm just waiting to hear back from all schools, on principle. I already have my decision made...

...well, unless someone wants to offer something just "irresistible." :lol:

No joke! The big mess of coupon circulars are a HUGE slap in the face right now. I already hated them for being a huge waste of paper, but this makes it doubly bad.

I can say, with full confidence, that I have *NEVER* had such thin mail before. I've had at least 6 days with absolutely NO mail since sending applications. Painful, I tell ya!

Hello everyone. I've been reading all the posts, and I can't say I've had much luck so far. I've been out of the country for the last couple of weeks, and won't be back for one more. So, after reading what everyone else has said, it looks like those decisions are waiting in my mail box for me right now-- which is making me tear my hair out. I feel the NY Studio School is definitely my best fit- I really hope I nail this interview.

I applied to 10 schools thinking it would increase my chances... I'm beginning to think I should've spent more time on fewer apps.

Good luck to anyone still stuck in my boat.

Been rejected by

Yale

Hunter

NYU

Bard

Waiting On--

SVA

Pratt

Columbia

MICA

Waitlisted--

NYAA

Interview next week for NY Studio School

Hello everyone. I've been reading all the posts, and I can't say I've had much luck so far. I've been out of the country for the last couple of weeks, and won't be back for one more. So, after reading what everyone else has said, it looks like those decisions are waiting in my mail box for me right now-- which is making me tear my hair out. I feel the NY Studio School is definitely my best fit- I really hope I nail this interview.

I applied to 10 schools thinking it would increase my chances... I'm beginning to think I should've spent more time on fewer apps.

Good luck to anyone still stuck in my boat.

Been rejected by

Yale

Hunter

NYU

Bard

Waiting On--

SVA

Pratt

Columbia

MICA

Waitlisted--

NYAA

Interview next week for NY Studio School

don't get down. i think it's good to apply to more rather than less schools--as long as you have a genuine interest in where you are applying. i see it fatalistically in the sense that the people who want to work with you are going to say yes and that's where you want to be. in a way, it's really quite obvious. this is art, you know, not math. there is no 'right' answer and if everybody loves what you're doing as an artist, then you're probably pretty boring. you want to work with the people who dig YOU, and you don't need every program to dig you.

so keep your chin up. things will turn out for the best.

@sophiab WOW! congratulations!!! :lol:

Thank you again to everyone!!! I was so surprised. I hadn't heard anything for such a long time, I thought for sure I had a rejection letter coming in the mail. I can't believe that last June, not so long ago at all, my portfolio and statement literally did not exist. A few weeks ago, I was sooo miserable. Now, I am sooo happy. What a rollercoaster! This brings me to:

Accepted: RISD, CCA, SFAI

Rejected: UCSD, Berkeley, UCLA, San Jose State (strange!), CalArts, CMU

Waiting: UCSC

Congrats to everyone else on their acceptances too!

crey01 the NYU program I referred to was the Tisch Interactive Telecommunications Program. You also got into SFAI New Genre! What do you think about the program?

Thanks for the info...I applied to Steinhardt and I haven't heard anything from them or this forum about it. Regarding SFAI new genres, I think the program is great. The school seems very on point with the program (They claim they were the first New Genres in the country). Very nice staff, very beautiful campus, very personal program. considering I got into calarts, I probably will be going there but I had a hard time deciding between CCA and SFAI before I head from calarts...they are both great schools. I think SF is GREAT. did you get into anywhere else?

Congrats everyone!!!! This forum is sort of amazing and has helped me stay less crazy through this process. Good luck to everybody waiting to hear and good luck to those picking their schools!

I finally heard from everybody! so that brings me to:

Accepted:

FSU with full funding and assistantship stipend

University of Houston (waiting for letter with details)

Waitlisted:

Parsons

Rejected:

University of Washington

Rutgers

SAIC

While I didn't apply to many super competitive private arts schools, I'm pretty excited about my possible programs!

Update for those on the West Coast. I got three new letters today in the mail. Here is my situation.

Accepted: ?

Waitlist: Parsons

Interview: Yale

Rejected: NYU, MICA Mt. Royal, Pratt

Waiting: RISD, Columbia, SVA

All in Painting or Fine Arts MFA.