What Schools Are You Waiting On!?

1 hour ago, Elska said:

Awww I'm sorry, that stinks getting 2 rejections on a Saturday. :( I'm glad you already have other options lined up, they all look amazing! Everything happens for a reason! :lol:

Thank you! Yeah, it is a funny way to start a Saturday but I'm relieved to finally hear from them and I'm excited about where I've been accepted to already! Since CU is off the table I can expect some big changes ahead! :) 

Still waiting to hear back from Georgia state and UVA. I saw many people were accepted to UVA a week or so ago. Still not sure why they haven't told me a decision... 

5 hours ago, californiaspeechie said:

@plume I completely agree! 2 more weeks feels like an eternity at this point. I am waiting to hear from redlands as well :( 

I am also waiting to hear from Redlands, but I am not hopeful about being accepted in their program due to a discrepancy with CSDCAS.  I read somewhere that they won't notify us of any rejection, only admission and waitlists.  Good luck! 

13 hours ago, Eacohn94 said:

I'm still waiting to here from the University of Arizona! I know some people have heard back; I was wondering if those who heard from them applied for the 2-year or 3-year program.

I'm excited I got into NAU for the fall! :) 

I was rejected from U of A's 3-year program today but I was also very excited to be offered a spot at NAU as a leveler! Did you apply for the regular or leveler track? Do you live in Arizona?

3 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

I am also waiting to hear from Redlands, but I am not hopeful about being accepted in their program due to a discrepancy with CSDCAS.  I read somewhere that they won't notify us of any rejection, only admission and waitlists.  Good luck! 

That irks me when programs do that! If you're worried about not having enough on the waitlist, just waitlist extra and say the waitlist is unranked, but actually have it ranked. That's so unfair to students who are left in the dark. 

4 minutes ago, jmk said:

That irks me when programs do that! If you're worried about not having enough on the waitlist, just waitlist extra and say the waitlist is unranked, but actually have it ranked. That's so unfair to students who are left in the dark. 

I agree! It sucks to be in the dark, especially if you are waiting to hear back until accepting other offers!

5 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

Oh weird! I feel quite sure that my friend who was rejected last year was notified, just a day later than my friend who got accepted. They did notify her though! Good luck to you as well!

10 hours ago, californiaspeechie said:

Oh weird! I feel quite sure that my friend who was rejected last year was notified, just a day later than my friend who got accepted. They did notify her though! Good luck to you as well!

I hope they do send out rejections.  I don't remember where, but I read it somewhere either in an email or on their page.  I hope I am wrong there. :) 

On 3/10/2017 at 8:23 PM, Murr57 said:

Have you had your interview at New Paltz yet? I have mine on Sunday and am super anxious!! 

Yes I interviewed last week. It's one on one with a faculty member. They definitely make you think but every one was super friendly 

1 hour ago, mckeevek1 said:

Yes I interviewed last week. It's one on one with a faculty member. They definitely make you think but every one was super friendly 

Yeah I had mine with Dr. Bower... she was very nice and welcoming! And yes I agree, the questions definitely made me think twice. 

On 3/11/2017 at 3:37 PM, ifs1023 said:

Do you think if I haven't heard from NYMC yet then it's probably a no? I know they have been doing interviews and others have been accepted

They are doing interviews throughout the whole month of February and March so I wouldn't lose hope just yet!

On 3/7/2017 at 9:32 AM, plume said:

Great thread! It also serves as stress relief :) I am waiting on CU Boulder, University of Arizona, Redlands, Appalachian State, Western Carolina University, and New Mexico State. Has anyone heard from any of these? I know one poster already received an acceptance from U of Arizona... but any word from CU Boulder or Redlands?

I am still waiting to hear from NMSU. I saw on the admissions page that someone was accepted via email on Friday?

1 minute ago, Aslo said:

I am still waiting to hear from NMSU. I saw on the admissions page that someone was accepted via email on Friday?

I saw that, too! I hope we hear soon...

1 minute ago, plume said:

I saw that, too! I hope we hear soon...

I hope so! I'm torn between checking my email often or just calling...but for now I will just wait. I think somebody said on this thread that they called last week and were told the end of the month. Hopefully not! <_<

1 minute ago, Aslo said:

I hope so! I'm torn between checking my email often or just calling...but for now I will just wait. I think somebody said on this thread that they called last week and were told the end of the month. Hopefully not! <_<

I know, I figure there's no point in calling. I hate that we have to wait until the end of the month to hear from some schools. This is the slowest month ever!!!

29 minutes ago, sincerelycree said:

Has anyone heard from NYU Steinhardt or University of Delaware?

Yeah, University of Delaware has sent out a lot of acceptances and I just got a rejection letter as of this morning

30 minutes ago, sincerelycree said:

Has anyone heard from NYU Steinhardt or University of Delaware?

NYU Steinhardt sent out some acceptances and rejections as well.