What Schools Are You Waiting On!?

@ElKel87 Oh wow that is ridiculous! How do they expect us to commit if we have no clue what classes we are missing? Did you take a look at the prerequisite list to see if your courses would match up? I am really not loving this situation because I might end up having to take a bunch of them too which is not only expensive but also slowing down graduation.

On a brighter note, I have spoken with two people who went to NYU and they both loved the program so it is going to be great IF you decide to attend.

It's Friday again which means another two days of radio silence! I just wish next week could come faster so I will be getting more responses from other schools and get it over with. 

53 minutes ago, JcSLP said:

As of today I've heard back from all my schools! Now I have some tough yet exciting decisions to make! :) 

All acceptances too! That is so exciting :)

On 3/7/2017 at 1:34 PM, Shakirah said:

Hey!! I am still waiting on Nazareth College and Suny Fredonia. Did anyone hear back from these schools yet? Good luck!!

@Shakirah I just got accepted to Nazareth today! I hope you heard something too :)

9 minutes ago, zurako said:

@ElKel87 Oh wow that is ridiculous! How do they expect us to commit if we have no clue what classes we are missing? Did you take a look at the prerequisite list to see if your courses would match up? I am really not loving this situation because I might end up having to take a bunch of them too which is not only expensive but also slowing down graduation.

On a brighter note, I have spoken with two people who went to NYU and they both loved the program so it is going to be great IF you decide to attend.

It's Friday again which means another two days of radio silence! I just wish next week could come faster so I will be getting more responses from other schools and get it over with. 

@zurako Yeah, so there are 7 prerequisite courses total. I think the online courses I took will fulfill 4 of them but I'm not sure. For example, they didn't have a lab component, so not sure if that will discount the Audiology course (though we had an in depth assignment that included watching videos of the different types of tests on different types of patients). And my Language Development course was through the whole life cycle, not specifically focusing on the preschool years. So I know I will need to take at least 3 prerequisites, maybe more. I'm guessing I wouldn't start grad level courses until the Spring semester. I went to the open house and all the grad students there seemed to love the program, too! It's NYU so I'm sure it's fantastic just not sure if it's the right fit for me personally. Are you going to the Admitted Students Day on the 24th?

At this point I'm pretty sure I'm going to go to NYMC, but trying to keep an open mind until I figure out my financial aid situation for all schools I've been accepted to. I feel the same way about Fridays, this process has ruined weekends for me haha. I just want all my cards on the table so I can make an informed decision. Anyway, happy weekend! :-P

20 hours ago, jmk said:

If I don't hear by tomorrow, I'll assume I was rejected. During the info session, I believe it was said that everyone would be contacted this week who was accepted or waitlisted. :mellow: I can hope! haha

any word? I feel for you because I applied to schools where it felt like they just forgot about me...

2 hours ago, LP-SLP said:

No, they don't do interviews, we just have to wait for the letter haha. It's so frustrating!! 

Thank you for your insight! :)

1 hour ago, StPaulCCC said:

any word? I feel for you because I applied to schools where it felt like they just forgot about me...

Not a peep! I really want to hear any decision from West Coast schools as those are my "tops", but c'est la vie. Best of luck to you in your wait, too! 

6 hours ago, mckeevek1 said:

Still waiting on Mercy College, Columbia TC, New Paltz & Ithaca. So anxious!

Have you had your interview at New Paltz yet? I have mine on Sunday and am super anxious!! 

@jmk @LP-SLP I am with ya on the Redlands thing. I am so happy to have any acceptances but this mid-month dry spell is killing me! I've gotta know! I am eager to know where I'm going to live and how much debt I'm going to be in. And Redlands is one I am still definitely interested in.... (although I think they only took on 5 out-of-fielders last year, eek).

Do you guys know how they notify? It had better not be snail mail! :( 

1 hour ago, plume said:

@jmk @LP-SLP I am with ya on the Redlands thing. I am so happy to have any acceptances but this mid-month dry spell is killing me! I've gotta know! I am eager to know where I'm going to live and how much debt I'm going to be in. And Redlands is one I am still definitely interested in.... (although I think they only took on 5 out-of-fielders last year, eek).

I've seen on this forum that they do snail mail, though nothing confirmed. I hope its (just) not snail mail, and that we get an email too, haha. 

@ElKel87 Yeah it definitely looks like I would have to start grad classes spring semester too which would be a huge annoyance. I spent a whole year on post-bacc and now you're telling me it doesn't make much difference in terms of time had I just applied as a complete outsider. I am probably gonna go to the luncheon just to check it out, but deep down inside I am hoping for a cheaper school. 

Never in my life have I hated the weekend.. until now :P I have been thinking about all these hypothetical scenarios of where to attend and feeling so conflicted even though I haven't even been accepted yet. This week I was relatively tame because I know not much will come in, but next week I am gonna be madly refreshing everything every hour every day until this torture ends. I can feel myself slowly turning into a crazy lady.

5 hours ago, StPaulCCC said:

I feel like I've been forgotten about too :( there have been many schools people have heard back from that I haven't. It sucks

I'm still waiting to here from the University of Arizona! I know some people have heard back; I was wondering if those who heard from them applied for the 2-year or 3-year program.

I'm excited I got into NAU for the fall! :) 

On 3/9/2017 at 11:10 PM, jmk said:

When did you interview for LIU? I feel like most people hear 1-2 weeks after their interview. 

I interviewed for LIU on 2/14 and still haven't heard anything. I'm freaking out because I thought the interview went really well.  I hope it doesn't mean I'm rejected, but we'll see!

14 hours ago, plume said:

Redlands sends acceptances by email! I have a friend who got accepted last year, and she received an email. I believe my friend who got rejected received her rejection via email as well. It was close to the end of march though :( 

2 hours ago, speechie95 said:

I interviewed for LIU on 2/14 and still haven't heard anything. I'm freaking out because I thought the interview went really well.  I hope it doesn't mean I'm rejected, but we'll see!

Hopefully you'll hear back soon! That makes me nervous- I interviewed 3/6 and am hoping to hear back soon so I can at least know my final results ha. 

CU Boulder emailed me back today and rejected me. I hadn't heard on the day everyone else did so I was concerned my application wasn't complete or something! They said they did send me the letter but it must have been lost in my spam folder. I am not at all surprised but a little disappointed, of course. Farewell Colorado and in-state tuition......! Waiting on five more :) 

Still waiting on St John's, Hofstra, Seton Hall and Queens College (after doing an interview this week). Even though I kind of already decided on where I want to go, I still want to hear back quickly just cause I hate this waiting game. 

49 minutes ago, plume said:

CU Boulder emailed me back today and rejected me. I hadn't heard on the day everyone else did so I was concerned my application wasn't complete or something! They said they did send me the letter but it must have been lost in my spam folder. I am not at all surprised but a little disappointed, of course. Farewell Colorado and in-state tuition......! Waiting on five more :) 

Awww I'm sorry, that stinks getting 2 rejections on a Saturday. :( I'm glad you already have other options lined up, they all look amazing! Everything happens for a reason! :lol: