What Schools Are You Waiting On!?

1 hour ago, jacquelyn22g said:

Im still waiting to hear from them also. I got an email that when they looked at my application, the link to my personal essay was my resume so they asked me to resend my personal essay. After that I haven't heard anything!

When did they contact you about that?

I applied to the University of Vermont, UNH and UMAINE. I heard back from UVM the end of February (waitlisted). I am still waiting on UNH and UMAINE, but the further into the month of March it gets, the more I fear that it's going to be rejections.

On 3/17/2017 at 9:26 AM, lee09 said:

@katelynmarie 

Most definitely, I hope we all hear from them soon! I'm constantly checking my emails EVERY MINUTE and I'm feeling all sorts of way because of the wait. I think it's a little excessive but....I want to get into a program SO BAD! I wish the best for you! Which offer are you thinking about taking at this moment?

@lee09 I know it's FINALLY Monday and I'm hoping to hear from App state this week! They are the last I need to hear from. Right now my top 2 choices are Grand Valley State University and Wichita State University but if I get accepted to Appalachian State they will also be a top choice!

good luck to you too! Is App state the last you need to hear from?

On March 17, 2017 at 8:41 AM, mbf said:

Yep, got the same email. Have you accepted elsewhere ? (I haven't. Not-so-patiently awaiting 4/1 lol) 

This wait is awful,. my acceptance pattern is rejected or wait listed so, i'm hoping for people to choose to pull their applications haha. 

14 minutes ago, speechie2b said:

This wait is awful,. my acceptance pattern is rejected or wait listed so, i'm hoping for people to choose to pull their applications haha. 

If they do, could make the faculties' process a little bit quicker which could mean news sooner for us haha

Fingers crossed!

On 3/15/2017 at 10:28 AM, maurmaur said:

I am but the survey page shows they wait till the end of the month. 

I see some people are getting responses from U of Montana.

Still nothing for me :) 

On 3/16/2017 at 10:41 PM, SLPsingballs said:

I go to CSUN for my undergrad.  I wouldn't expect anything until around the end of the month or (more realistically) the beginning of April.  I don't think they've even started looking at applications from what I've heard.  

Thanks so much for this info!! I currently go to Cal State LA, but I'm hoping to hear from csun! I just wish they'd hurry up already!! <_<

34 minutes ago, vmslp2b said:

Thanks so much for this info!! I currently go to Cal State LA, but I'm hoping to hear from csun! I just wish they'd hurry up already!! <_<

It's how they do everything (not complaining, just the truth).  If you get accepted, expect the same with department permission for classes each semester.  It definitely forces you to learn patience, hah!

I applied to waaaaay too many schools, and am still waiting on: Redlands, Chapman, CSU Fullerton (assumed rejection since didn't get a call last week), Eastern WA (interviewed), SF State (interviewed), Old Dominion, and Florida Atlantic. :mellow:

Still waiting on SFSU (interviewed), TC Columbia, and Fresno State. Fresno State is my current university and sends out decisions very late so I'm not too anxious about that one, plus I think I'll be attending another university anyway. I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't attend TC Columbia, but would like to know their decision so I can still compare my potential options and move on. SFSU is the only one I'm really anxious for, because it's my top CA program! It sounds like we'll be finding out from SFSU very very soon so fingers crossed for everyone who applied!

I'm still waiting on: UVA, Montclair, Adelphi (not sure if they are doing waves?), and Clarion.  Anyone else waiting on any of these/ know if I should just be expecting rejections from all of these? lol at this waiting game. :( 

42 minutes ago, jmk said:

I applied to waaaaay too many schools

SAME. If I could turn back the clock I would have saved my time and money and only applied to four schools, not seven. I'm tempted to email Michigan State and tell them that I was to withdraw my application, but I should be hearing from them any day now so I'm just going to wait it out.

On 3/17/2017 at 5:52 PM, edardi1 said:

Still haven't heard from UH yet, despite the fact that many applicants already received their notices.  Gawsh.  

Do you mean University of Hawaii? I am still waiting on them as well. But when I interviewed they said they would let people know sometime in April :(

1 hour ago, elenaj said:

Do you mean University of Hawaii? I am still waiting on them as well. But when I interviewed they said they would let people know sometime in April :(

university of houston 

1 hour ago, K8eCastle said:

SAME. If I could turn back the clock I would have saved my time and money and only applied to four schools, not seven. I'm tempted to email Michigan State and tell them that I was to withdraw my application, but I should be hearing from them any day now so I'm just going to wait it out.

I applied to.....15. :mellow: Total and utter mistake. 

I'm still waiting on Adelphi, Hofstra, Molloy, Touro, Columbia University Teachers College and CUNY Brooklyn.

I'm going on an interview for New York Medical Wednesday 3/22

2 hours ago, mws5997 said:

I'm still waiting on: UVA, Montclair, Adelphi (not sure if they are doing waves?), and Clarion.  Anyone else waiting on any of these/ know if I should just be expecting rejections from all of these? lol at this waiting game. :( 

I believe Adelphi is doing it in waves because a girl I know got accepted like 3 weeks ago and another girl I know got waitlisted on Friday. I'm still waiting to hear back also.

Good Luck!

2 hours ago, mws5997 said:

Yeah I just got accepted on Saturday and I applied January 14th! They're definitely doing it in waves.

Accepted to University of Vermont, Adelphi, and West Virginia. Just interviewed with Old Dominion last weekend. Wait listed by LaSalle and Pittsburgh. Waiting on all of the schools in my area before making a final decision! Waiting on Temple, West Chester, Miseracordia, and University of Delaware! Anyone else heard from either of those three? I'm starting to get nervous because I have to decide in less than a month!

Edited by knewkirk

@katelynmarie 

I'm surprised you haven't heard anything from App yet. I got rejected :(. I'm trying to stay hopeful because Western Carolina said I'm on the waiting list; however, I don't know if that's just another way of saying "you've been denied" without actually saying it. At this rate, because of all of my rejections, I just want someone to take me in. I want to go to school so badly and work on getting to my career already. I've been working for a little over a year now and I know that I definitely do not want to do what I'm doing now for the rest of my life. 

I hope you get accepted to all of them ahaha! :) 

29 minutes ago, lee09 said:

@katelynmarie 

I'm surprised you haven't heard anything from App yet. I got rejected :(. I'm trying to stay hopeful because Western Carolina said I'm on the waiting list; however, I don't know if that's just another way of saying "you've been denied" without actually saying it. At this rate, because of all of my rejections, I just want someone to take me in. I want to go to school so badly and work on getting to my career already. I've been working for a little over a year now and I know that I definitely do not want to do what I'm doing now for the rest of my life. 

I hope you get accepted to all of them ahaha! :) 

I was also rejected from App and wait-listed at Western. I'm kind of nervous because I feel like a ton of people were put on the wait-list for Western.. Although this is only my first year applying, I'm nervous about what I'll be doing this coming year (or years to follow). I have no clue what kind of job to look for that will be relevant to the field without having some kind of higher degree or certification. I also don't know how I'm going to remain competitive (volunteering/doing research/etc.) if I have to work a full time job to pay all my bills and hopefully save for potentially attending a speech program. This whole process is very nerve-wracking.

@mis_spit

We're on the same boat!! I'm glad I'm not feeling alone on this. How many more schools did you apply for? I hope we both get into Western, maybe we can help each other out if and when we get in *crossing fingers*! We are LITERALLY on the same boat! Just reading through your comment, I'm thinking to myself "wow, this sounds like my situation RIGHT NOW!" 

Maybe volunteer on the weekends if you don't work the weekends. I know it depends on what shift you work that will allow you to volunteer on the weekdays. My schedule varies but I can still volunteer and I don't work weekends. However, I would like to just get into a program and start working towards my career. If not, I'd like to find a new job and then some volunteer opportunities.