What Schools Are You Waiting On!?

On 3/17/2017 at 9:50 AM, Paslp said:

Yesterday was the deadline for the first round of accepted students to respond. Because I'm so impatient I called the department today. Was told they would be meeting this morning and that all wait lists and acceptances would be out by the end of next week at the latest. Still don't understand why they did rounds this year.

Do you mean the end of this week the 24th or next week the 31st? I am dying from all this waiting. :( 

1 hour ago, speechie2b said:

Where are they sending emails to?! the WSU portal or the emails on our applications?!

It would be the emails on the applications, they don't email the portal. If it was on the portal, they would email you to check the portal. But based on previous years, they just email you.

Edited by maurmaur

1 hour ago, speechie2b said:

So, ISU-Pocatello = April 1st...WSU-Spokane = 1st round of interviews done & sending letters March 24th...Ball State = ???... 

anyone know when most have to send in acceptances is.. just curious on when I can maybe start to expect my waitlist positions to be moved up..

I'm pretty sure that was the only week of interviews overall.

So frustrating that I have seen acceptances go out for schools but heard nothing...for schools that don't have a portal, a notification email (assumed rejection) would be nice. Even for schools with a portal, I would rather have a rejection email than be checking every few days! 

41 minutes ago, maurmaur said:

I was waitlisted at WSU! It's my first choice so I'm really hoping on this one!

A lot of people got in off the waitlist last year! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and will let them know promptly if I DO get into WWU to free up a spot for a deserving person like you)!

2 minutes ago, KnittingSpeechie said:

A lot of people got in off the waitlist last year! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and will let them know promptly if I DO get into WWU to free up a spot for a deserving person like you)!

Haha, thanks :) I appreciate all of the support possible.

My mom laughed at me. We live in Indiana and most likely, she'll be the one to help pack up the car and help me drive to wherever I go. She was like you had to pick a school the furthest away from us?!? I'm from AZ and we already did that move, so might as well make it even longer!

I was accepted at Eastern WA, not sure if I'll be attending though, so hopefully the spot will help someone else out! 

I really need to sit down and make a spreadsheet about costs. :wacko::wacko::wacko: Eastern WA emailed me a week ago asking me to do a financial aid thing, which I never did, because I assumed I wasn't going to get in....whoops. 

I'm still waiting on Arizona State University. I saw people already getting accepted on the Results section, but I haven't received any notification. I just want to be told if I got accepted or rejected already lol. 

Has anyone heard from ENMU? I haven't heard anything and I am dying to know! Even though I probably won't be going I can't move on until I know the answer lol 

14 minutes ago, KnittingSpeechie said:

Has anyone heard anything from Western Washington yet?

There's a rejected and an accepted from 3/20 on the results page. Fingers crossed for you!

21 minutes ago, KnittingSpeechie said:

Thanks! They're sure taking their own sweet time! 

Waiting is the absolute worst part of this process lol

9 minutes ago, KnittingSpeechie said:

Waitlisted at Western! Will be holding out till verrrrrry close to April 15th, but as I've said I'll be more than happy to stay at WSU if that doesn't pan out.

I'm not saying don't go to WSU ;) but apparently some people accept and then decline later when they get in somewhere else 

4 minutes ago, maurmaur said:

I'm not saying don't go to WSU ;) but apparently some people accept and then decline later when they get in somewhere else 

I wish I could but I do NOT have the money for two deposits! Otherwise I'd be keeping my name on that wait list all the way till classes start for sure.

54 minutes ago, KnittingSpeechie said:

I wish I could but I do NOT have the money for two deposits! Otherwise I'd be keeping my name on that wait list all the way till classes start for sure.

That makes sense! Do you know how much deposits are typically?

2 hours ago, KnittingSpeechie said:

Waitlisted at Western! Will be holding out till verrrrrry close to April 15th, but as I've said I'll be more than happy to stay at WSU if that doesn't pan out.

Congrats! I'm currently going to grad school at WWU, and I got accepted off the waitlist right before April 15 last year (I think it was like the 11th). I hope you do, too!

I got in the day after after I sent my acceptance (and $300 deposit!) to another program, of course. I got lucky, though, in that they were willing to just send the check back to me, as it hadn't been processed yet. Sorting all that stuff out can definitely be frustrating!

8 hours ago, plume said:

So sick of waiting on Redlands! 

You and me both!! Every time I get an email notification, I immediately check it and still nothing. I'm hoping they'll let us know by next week, but I've heard that they won't let anyone know before the first of April :(