Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

18 minutes ago, KJE88 said:

I found a group for previous years but I haven't been able to find anything for 2018-2020. I don't mind starting one but maybe do a quick search before I do to make sure I'm not missing something. 

I can look it up after work and if there isn't one already we can definitely start one :)

1 hour ago, KJE88 said:

Not sure if I am understanding your question correctly. Do you mean how many hours of field practice do you have to complete during your MSW to be able to register with the college of social workers following graduation? I would assume that every program with accredidation would require you to complete at least the minimum number of hours but this document might help answer your question. Scroll to page 13 of the document where it talks about field education. 

http://caswe-acfts.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/CASWE-ACFTS-Standards-11-2014.pdf

CASWE-ACFTS-Standards-11-2014.pdf

Thank you very much for being so helpful! Exactly what I was asking about. 

I am thinking to apply to Laurier's online program but practical part is something I am worried about (as I already don't have enough experience in the field). 

Once again thanks a lot!

27 minutes ago, KJE88 said:

I found a group for previous years but I haven't been able to find anything for 2018-2020. I don't mind starting one but maybe do a quick search before I do to make sure I'm not missing something. 

I did an in-depth search! Nothing yet on FB. Also thank you for that link! Very informative.  I am now down the rabbit hole looking at all the course descriptions haha. 

36 minutes ago, SWMommy said:

I did an in-depth search! Nothing yet on FB. Also thank you for that link! Very informative.  I am now down the rabbit hole looking at all the course descriptions haha. 

Thanks so much for looking! I guess we can go ahead and start one :) and I've done the same thing today ahah! Do you know if classes are every day?

42 minutes ago, _Nomad_ said:

Thank you very much for being so helpful! Exactly what I was asking about. 

I am thinking to apply to Laurier's online program but practical part is something I am worried about (as I already don't have enough experience in the field). 

Once again thanks a lot!

No problem. I've been reading everything on the Laurier website (which is actually where I found that link) tonight and did look at the online stuff briefly... you would have a lot of field placement with that program according to the schedule but it doesn't give you an actual number of hours. 

https://students.wlu.ca/programs/social-work/msw/program-requirements/index.html

9 minutes ago, Nervousme said:

Thanks so much for looking! I guess we can go ahead and start one :) and I've done the same thing today ahah! Do you know if classes are every day?

SAME. And I took two classes this semester so I really should be studying for finals lol 

When my boyfriend did the program he did not have classes everyday - but he graduated in 2013 and the website talks about the "new" program, so things may have changed. Based on what I have found on that link I posted for the current students, we definitely will not have class every day during the terms we have placement because you are at placement all day 3 times a week. Looks like placement would be Mon- Wed and classes Thurs and Friday maybe? 

22 minutes ago, KJE88 said:

No problem. I've been reading everything on the Laurier website (which is actually where I found that link) tonight and did look at the online stuff briefly... you would have a lot of field placement with that program according to the schedule but it doesn't give you an actual number of hours. 

https://students.wlu.ca/programs/social-work/msw/program-requirements/index.html

God bless you, kind person :) thank you! 

This Tuesday I had telephone appointment with an advisor and as far as I understood there are 2  field placements 7 months each/2 days per week. I am not sure if I heard it right, tho... My next appointment is tomorrow, hopefully I'll not forget to ask about hours.

7 hours ago, KJE88 said:

Hey all :) I believe the hour requirements are the exact same for the online program! We were told from the get go wed have to reduce our full time work hours during placement time to balance the two. Hope this helps!!

1 hour ago, skd05 said:

Hey all :) I believe the hour requirements are the exact same for the online program! We were told from the get go wed have to reduce our full time work hours during placement time to balance the two. Hope this helps!!

Did you get accepted to the two year MSW program or the online program? :) just wondering 

5 minutes ago, skd05 said:

Online beginning in May! Did you apply? My acceptance came in after hours last night :)

Congratulations :) I have applied for the September start! I just finished my application last night.

53 minutes ago, spers said:

Congratulations :) I have applied for the September start! I just finished my application last night.

I was accepted into Renison's BSW program but regretted not applying to 2 year MSW for 2018. I did not know about this option! I have some thinking to do!

Almost 2 days after getting my acceptance package for UofT's 2 Year MSW, and my ACORN status has not changed. I'm thinking its because my previous registration status is "financially cancelled" while being listed as a non-degree student - I graduated 2 years ago, so I don't know why it says that :P . Although my SGS portal does day "Decision Made".

I went during my lunch break at work and dropped off all of my signature papers, i was pretty giddy walking into the building yesterday.

14 minutes ago, msw0913 said:

I’ve been waitlisted at Laurier for the 2 year MSW. I really hope their is movement on their list. 

I'm declining my offer to the 2 year MSW program at Laurier, hopefully it will be good news for you :) .

10 hours ago, SWMommy said:

Has anyone made a Facebook group for the 2-year MSW program at Laurier? If so, or if you find one for our year, can you please post the name of the group! 

Looking forward to meeting all of you! 

20 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

Nothing has changed for me :( soo scared waiting for the online program too 

No one else has heard for online... remain hopeful! Not sure why so slow... miljana said shed call when we were accepted and I havnt got a call just the email/loris change