Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

4 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

All decisions as in acceptances only? or literally everything like waitlist and rejections too? 

Well it feels like all decisions... Now I think she wasn't clear. She literally said "we were busy all day calling and emailing people about May program. It was busy but happy day". 

I suspect they are still working because Dilyara (my advisor) said she's still in the office and keeps working. 

15 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

Based on the phone calls people had with the online program advisers, I am just going to take this as a rejection/waitlist. If it was a happy day, then they were probably just sending out offers. Gotta prepare myself for the worst  

Even if you did get on the waitlist, you may be offered a spot for September :)

1 hour ago, 2 Year MSW said:

Based on the phone calls people had with the online program advisers, I am just going to take this as a rejection/waitlist. If it was a happy day, then they were probably just sending out offers. Gotta prepare myself for the worst  

As they say: hope for best prepare for worst.

I agree with spers - there's September and January starts.

Also, if your adviser is Dilyara and you are thinking to to contact her- she told me she's free tomorrow from 3pm

6 minutes ago, _Nomad_ said:

As they say: hope for best prepare for worst.

I agree with spers - there's September and January starts.

Also, if your adviser is Dilyara and you are thinking to to contact her- she told me she's free tomorrow from 3pm

Thanks guys (: i really appreciate the positive outlook and support. 

Hi fellow uofc hopefuls! According to what they’ve told a few of us, we should hear something today. Good luck! 

Edited by Aslwin

3 hours ago, ms_teacher said:

Has anyone heard anything from the UNBC waitlist at all?

Yup!

So I called and found out my spot on the list Wednesday. Cathy told me that they are still going through responses, and working on sending out the wait list offers. The initial accepted applicants received invitations to the program on March 15th, and they have 30 days to respond. If you haven't heard anything by April 15th, you haven't made the cut unfortunately. 

Additionally for any of you who have applied to other BC schools, I just called Melinda at UFV and she stated responses should start rolling out by early next week. They had originally told me end of March, but apparently there was another step in the process the School of Social Work wasn't aware was necessary which is why it is taking them extra time. Very odd. 

Just received my response from uofc- didn’t get in. I have other life goals that will make me just as happy, if not happier, than getting into my masters, so I’m not upset about the rejection. However, I wish they would have been more transparent throughout the process...it has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, so I’m not sure if I’ll reapply in the future. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!

40 minutes ago, Aslwin said:

Just received my response from uofc- didn’t get in. I have other life goals that will make me just as happy, if not happier, than getting into my masters, so I’m not upset about the rejection. However, I wish they would have been more transparent throughout the process...it has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, so I’m not sure if I’ll reapply in the future. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!

Sorry to hear - that is tough news. I think you are right - your heart will heal and you will pursue opportunities that matter more. The one thing that is really great about a 'no' is that it offers you the opportunity to stop wondering and move on. I hope you show some love to yourself tonight and engage in something cathartic.

Z

1 hour ago, Aslwin said:

Sorry to hear about uofc decision. It's grear you have other goals set! Hope they'll make you happy!

P.s. so agree with you on transparency of admission processes! I have same feelings for uoft ?

2 hours ago, Aslwin said:

I agree the transparency with decisions was not there. I got my email that I was waitlisted for the 2  year but already had to make some bigger life decisions so don't even know if I'd be in a position to go regardless. 

3 hours ago, lastsupper said:

For those accepted to the YorkU 2-year fulltime, was there a date that you had to respond by for your offer? 

Pretty sure that Ammad said on the phone that my MyFile should have been updated in 2 days and then I had about 2 weeks to respond. This was on March 27th. As of two days ago, MyFile still hadn't been updated. No idea what's happening.

EDIT*** just checked and MyFile has updated. I have until april 20th. 

Edited by lydia616

1 hour ago, lydia616 said:

Pretty sure that Ammad said on the phone that my MyFile should have been updated in 2 days and then I had about 2 weeks to respond. This was on March 27th. As of two days ago, MyFile still hadn't been updated. No idea what's happening.

EDIT*** just checked and MyFile has updated. I have until april 20th. 

Thanks for the heads up!

Does anybody know when we can start applying to the September start for the Laurier online MSW and when the deadline will be? On the site all I can see is that the application deadline is TBD

For those of you that have been accepted to Laurier’s 2 year msw, what was the deadline you have to accept or decline the offer? Also, who will be accepting and declining their offer? Just want to have an idea if their will be any movement for those on the waitlist. 

2 hours ago, Katims said:

Does anybody know when we can start applying to the September start for the Laurier online MSW and when the deadline will be? On the site all I can see is that the application deadline is TBD

I heard somwhere that deadline is in May( not sure but I feel like my advisor mentuoned that). Try to start from this page  https://wlu.ca/admissions-toolkits/graduate-admissions-toolkit/index.html I think they will contact you (email) after step 1, when you register.