Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

9 minutes ago, skd05 said:

No one else has heard for online... remain hopeful! Not sure why so slow... miljana said shed call when we were accepted and I havnt got a call just the email/loris change

hmm maybe she will call today since you got your offer after hours. Hopefully she will give out some information on the admission process! lol 

1 hour ago, ciders_only said:

Almost 2 days after getting my acceptance package for UofT's 2 Year MSW, and my ACORN status has not changed. I'm thinking its because my previous registration status is "financially cancelled" while being listed as a non-degree student - I graduated 2 years ago, so I don't know why it says that :P . Although my SGS portal does day "Decision Made".

I went during my lunch break at work and dropped off all of my signature papers, i was pretty giddy walking into the building yesterday.

I'm declining my offer to the 2 year MSW program at Laurier, hopefully it will be good news for you :) .

I really hope so! Fingers crossed 

Well, it seems like all admission department at Laurier is pretty busy. I supposed to have a followup phone appointment at 10:30am. No one called and when I tried to call she didn't pick up... Yesterday my adviser emailed saying there are some good news for me. I desperetly want to know what exactly! Makes me nervouse :(

10 minutes ago, _Nomad_ said:

Well, it seems like all admission department at Laurier is pretty busy. I supposed to have a followup phone appointment at 10:30am. No one called and when I tried to call she didn't pick up... Yesterday my adviser emailed saying there are some good news for me. I desperetly want to know what exactly! Makes me nervouse :(

Oh wow. Who is your advisor? Miljiana? 

Out of curiosity, how many of you have been accepted to lauriers 2 year MSW and will be decling? ? I just want to know if their will be movement on the waitlist. According to the email I received it was stated that:

“Our MSW 2 year full-time program is currently over-enrolled and we are unable to predict if there will be any movement to the wait list this year.

Please be advised that we have selected approx. 40 applicants for the wait list. We ask that you do not contact us in regards to your “position” on the wait list.  Should we need to select candidates from the wait list, the committee will review applications at that time.” 

Edited by msw0913

14 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

Oh wow. Who is your advisor? Miljiana? 

No, my advisor's name is Dilyara. 

Not a big deal but I guess I reached the point when every little thing is tragic hehe

Edited by _Nomad_

4 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

Did you apply for the online msw program starting in May?

No, I found out abt this option too late (from this forum btw). So I am in the process of applying for September...and it's already stressful ?

7 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

Got rejected from Laurier's on-campus program :( praying sooo hard for the online program 

You applied for May one? Best of luck!!! 

9 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

Yup. Thank you! I really need it!!! 

I hear you! It's my second year of applying and being waitlisted/rejected doesn't help hehe 

My fingers and toes croessed for you :)

I have created a Facebook group for Laurier's 2 year MSW

I have it set as a closed group so you will have to send a request to join. It made me add a friend to start the group so there is currently someone who is not actually in our class but once someone else joins I can remove her :) 

@SWMommy @Nervousme @2year.msw @johnhamont  I tagged the people who mentioned they were looking to connect but obviously everyone is welcome! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165235444294203/?ref=group_header

Edited by KJE88

27 minutes ago, KJE88 said:

I have created a Facebook group for Laurier's 2 year MSW

I have it set as a closed group so you will have to send a request to join. It made me add a friend to start the group so there is currently someone who is not actually in our class but once someone else joins I can remove her :) 

@SWMommy @Nervousme @2year.msw @johnhamont  I tagged the people who mentioned they were looking to connect but obviously everyone is welcome! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165235444294203/?ref=group_header

Thanks so much for making the group! I will join shortly :) thanks again! Look forward to meeting everyone