Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

11 hours ago, ctbsw said:

Unfortunately I've tried both! Used my JOINid and then tried my applicant number, then tried the student number, everything isn't letting me in. I emailed SGS Admissions, hopefully it's a glitch of some sort.

I've been having the same problem as you. Let me know if you ever figure out how to log in. 

9 hours ago, SwagMaster said:

I've been having the same problem as you. Let me know if you ever figure out how to log in. 

It's really weird. I was able to log into ACORN less than a week ago, yesterday I was having all these troubles, and then after I posted it I was able to log into ACORN. I recieved an email from an SGS person and they said I shouldn't be able to log into ACORN anyways, which was confusing for me. They said you should only find out your acceptance through the actual SGS Admissions website. I have no idea anymore!

3 hours ago, ctbsw said:

It's really weird. I was able to log into ACORN less than a week ago, yesterday I was having all these troubles, and then after I posted it I was able to log into ACORN. I recieved an email from an SGS person and they said I shouldn't be able to log into ACORN anyways, which was confusing for me. They said you should only find out your acceptance through the actual SGS Admissions website. I have no idea anymore!

I didn't know that the SGS Admissions site would give you the result. I thought that it would just tell you whether the decision was made yet, as you wait for the letter in the mail LOL. 

9 minutes ago, NootNootPenguin said:

I've been having this problem as well. The only way I can log in is if I reset my password. I've literally reset it about 20 times by now.

Oh that's interesting, maybe I'll give that a try and see if that works. 

3 hours ago, ctbsw said:

I was told that offers of admission would be made available via Rosi, not Acorn. The SGS website should indicate 'Decision Made' whether you've been accepted or rejected once the committee has come to any final decision about your application. The actual result will then be visible on Rosi. This was also the process in 2015, but I'm not positive anymore... Also been hearing a couple different things. 

3 minutes ago, smntoronto said:

I was told that offers of admission would be made available via Rosi, not Acorn. The SGS website should indicate 'Decision Made' whether you've been accepted or rejected once the committee has come to any final decision about your application. The actual result will then be visible on Rosi. This was also the process in 2015, but I'm not positive anymore... Also been hearing a couple different things. 

On the Rosi log in page, it says that on Febuary 15 (ie. tomorrow) that Acorn is going to be replacing Rosi. That's why I've been trying to get into Acorn. 

5 minutes ago, smntoronto said:

Exactly, but the thing is ROSI is being shut down as of tomorrow, wont be available for even current UofT students because they're transferring over to ACORN? This is what I've heard.. could just be false info. I've read in previous forums that the SGS application web page doesn't even change status even when a decision is made. This is all so confusing. I'm just hoping I get an email notification of some sort now because of this ROSI/ACORN/SGS mess lol.

5 minutes ago, SwagMaster said:

On the Rosi log in page, it says that on Febuary 15 (ie. tomorrow) that Acorn is going to be replacing Rosi. That's why I've been trying to get into Acorn. 

You're right! I didn't notice that. I haven't had any trouble logging in. I remember receiving an email on October 20 asking me to create a "UTor Join ID" or something like that.. that's what I've been using to log in to Acorn. Here's what it said: 

Every applicant to the University of Toronto is assigned a JOINid. For graduate applicants, the JOINid gives early access to the online resources of the student housing office. If you begin studies at U of T, it will become your UTORid, which will allow you to access a number of services such as email, library resources, and Blackboard. 

Please keep your log-in information private, as you would for any other online username or password that grants access to sensitive personal information.

This is your JOINid:  

Your JOINid will not work until you enable it.

Step 1: Retrieve your student number.

·         Go to the SGS Admissions Application login page and log in with your 12-digit Applicant ID and password.

·         After logging in, click “Profile Update” in the blue menu bar at the top of the page.

·         Find your U of T Student Number at the top of the page that follows.

Step 2: Enable your JOINid.

As a new applicant, you will need to first enable your JOINid in order to login to MyRes and apply for residence.  

• Go to the Enable Your JOINid website
  • Enter your JOINid in the JOINid box.
  • Enter your U of T Student Number into the “applicant/student number” box, and then click “Continue” 
  • When prompted, enter your date of birth.

If you have any trouble enabling your JOINid, please contact admissions.sgs@utoronto.ca.

Edited by smntoronto

3 minutes ago, ctbsw said:

Exactly, but the thing is ROSI is being shut down as of tomorrow, wont be available for even current UofT students because they're transferring over to ACORN? This is what I've heard.. could just be false info. I've read in previous forums that the SGS application web page doesn't even change status even when a decision is made. This is all so confusing. I'm just hoping I get an email notification of some sort now because of this ROSI/ACORN/SGS mess lol.

Yeah, it's a total mess. I do remember SGS changing when I was initially rejected to "Decision Made" if that's any consolation. 

3 hours ago, ctbsw said:

3 hours ago, smntoronto said:

Yeah, it's a total mess. I do remember SGS changing when I was initially rejected to "Decision Made" if that's any consolation. 

As far as I know (which mind you is not very much..) I don't think Acorn can tell you the result of your application. At least I've never seen anything on Acorn about it. SGS has only ever told me when the decision is made, but not what the decision is. Which MAY mean that we won't be able to find the result on their website, and  will have to wait for something like an email or letter???

On 2/6/2018 at 9:49 AM, sleepysocialworker said:

awesome, thanks so much for replying! seems like i can always just accept the offer and see what happens later. how exciting that we might end up being in the same program :D

i havent found any deadlines for the transcripts and criminal record check, either. :wacko:

Criminal Record Check is due 4 weeks before the start of classes.

8 hours ago, sleepysocialworker said:

great, thanks for letting me know! 

id ubc-o your first choice??

No, Calgary is. I've also applied to U of T as well, but moving back West is really appealing.  But might be a while to hear back from those schools though.

I would still be really excited to go to UBCO, and it's so nice knowing that I'm in somewhere and for sure doing my MSW next year. 

Is it your first choice?

I can't find anything on here about when people hear from UBC so I'm checking my email a smooth 100+ times a day. Does anyone know anyone or have experience with UBC advanced MSW admissions? For all I know I could be waiting until April and wasting a lot of stress and energy checking my email every 30 seconds (I keep asking myself if I really want to find out while I'm going to the washroom...). Also, I can't find anything on the website 

45 minutes ago, mswapplicant18 said:

Anyone hear from York or U of T? I hate waiting.

I have friends that have gotten acceptances from Dalhousie and McMaster for advanced standing. I didn't apply to either of those schools but I'm still checking my email frequently in case lol. 

Didn't hear anything from UofT. But judging by last year, I would guess that UofT advanced standing results will start coming out next week. Fingers crossed!

16 hours ago, kleigh17 said:

No, Calgary is. I've also applied to U of T as well, but moving back West is really appealing.  But might be a while to hear back from those schools though.

I would still be really excited to go to UBCO, and it's so nice knowing that I'm in somewhere and for sure doing my MSW next year. 

Is it your first choice?

no my first choice is mcgill. but i totally agree that it's nice knowing i'm for sure doing it in september, either way!

Hi everyone! First of all, congratulations to those who have already received acceptances! And to those who have faced some rejections, I am sure there are acceptances coming your way!

I only applied to Carleton's MSW 2 year and I am still on the "review in progress by department"! It's become a joke between my partner and I Everytime I check it now. I am hoping to hear good news! Holding out is so hard

2 hours ago, littlebluebird said:

Hi everyone! First of all, congratulations to those who have already received acceptances! And to those who have faced some rejections, I am sure there are acceptances coming your way!

I only applied to Carleton's MSW 2 year and I am still on the "review in progress by department"! It's become a joke between my partner and I Everytime I check it now. I am hoping to hear good news! Holding out is so hard

Same here! I spoke with Stephanie yesterday who said all acceptances will be coming out in waves over the "next few days". That may include Monday. So at least we'll know very soon