Fall 2018 Admission

PhD_hopeful_

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there! 

I applied just recently (2 weeks ago) and they wrote me back saying that it would take 4-6 weeks for their decision. I've been so impatient and I'm so anxious to see what is going to happen! Eek! lol 

I'm applying to University of Cincinnati's BCBA program. 

What about you?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2017 at 7:34 PM, basketballfrost said:

Hi guys, anyone here appling for Ohio state university? I am aplying for the Neuroscience program at OSU. And extremelly anxious about everything.

I'm applying to OSU for a PhD in Kinesiology!!

I submitted all my PhD program applications this week or earlier and I thought I would be relieved and able to relax - I was like, "Oh I remember going through the waiting process when applying to college, it wasn't so bad!" NOT THE CASE HERE! Lol, I have been obsessing over it, at least when I was applying I had something to focus on and work towards, now it's out of my hands and there is nothing I can do but wait. I am hoping to hear back from one professor I applied to work with before the holidays, and the rest of the decisions shouldn't come until after the new year or even Feb/March, so I've got a lot of waiting to do....

Applied to UC Santa Barbara (Ecology Evolution & Marine Bio), UC San Diego (Biological Sciences), U Washington (Biology), U of Oregon (Biology), Oregon State University (Biology.) So nervous!

Hi there, trying not to think about it since I've been told decisions won't be made until Jan-Feb, but still stressing out. Luckily, I recently got a job I very much enjoy, so that's at least helping keep my mind off it during the day. I just keep hoping they'll send me an email soon telling me I've either been rejected or accepted. 

Applied to Harvard (Biophysics), UNC (BBSP), UConn (Biomedical Science), Scripps Research Institute, Iowa State University (BBMB)

9 hours ago, TheScienceHoney said:

I submitted all my PhD program applications this week or earlier and I thought I would be relieved and able to relax - I was like, "Oh I remember going through the waiting process when applying to college, it wasn't so bad!" NOT THE CASE HERE! Lol, I have been obsessing over it, at least when I was applying I had something to focus on and work towards, now it's out of my hands and there is nothing I can do but wait. I am hoping to hear back from one professor I applied to work with before the holidays, and the rest of the decisions shouldn't come until after the new year or even Feb/March, so I've got a lot of waiting to do....

Applied to UC Santa Barbara (Ecology Evolution & Marine Bio), UC San Diego (Biological Sciences), U Washington (Biology), U of Oregon (Biology), Oregon State University (Biology.) So nervous!

I am currently still sending applications, but more nervous for the already applied universities than the yet to apply ones.

This whole process is extremely stressful...

Universities I am applying to: UCSD (neuroscience), UCBerkeley (neuroscience), UC Riverside (neuroscience), Ohio State (neuroscience), Harvard (neuroscience) and Stanford (neuroscience). Wish me good luck!

I've applied to 10 different programs because I'm scared I won't get in anywhere. I'm applying to PhDs in Religion programs: theory, ethics, society concentrations. I'm applying to Harvard, Brown, Yale, Boston University, Georgetown, UNC Chapel Hill, UVA, Vanderbilt, Emory, and Florida State. 

I'm in the process of applying to multiple schools now. I just applied to GW Public Policy Program. I submitted my application in full November 5 I want to say. The waiting process is rough. I am constantly checking my email, GW is my  top school on my list.  The other school's I'm applying to are Florida State, American University, Maybe University of Central Florida, SNHU as well. The program I'm going for is either Public Policy or Public Administration 

I have already uploaded all my application on around Nov 1st. I am applying many grad school for cancer biology and biochemistry. Still have not heard back from them. Still looking forward to getting the interview notification.

I am applying UT southwestern, UC-Berkeley, Wisconsin, Chicago, Columbia, Princeton, Michigan, UCSD, GSK, NYU, Rockefeller. Some of them are rolling basis!!!

Any news from you guys??? 

hey guys!!

I have just applied to Fletcher School MALD Fall'18 Early Decision, I'm checking my email every hour. Depending on the answer i am also planning to apply to Columbia, John Hopkins, NYU and UChicago and maybe LSE but not sure. 

I have gotten to NYU last year but there was no scholarship so i declined the offer but this year I'm applying for the MPA for NYU. 

If any one applied to Fletcher Early decision let me know ;)

The waiting is already awful.  I have sent 4/9 applications, and I am waiting to submit my other 5 until I have fall grades since 3 of my classes are related to my field and I am expecting As in them.  I couldn't wait for grades for the first 4 because the deadline was before my semester was over.  I have checked the results surveys to get an expectation on when I should hear from each school and it's going to be a long 2 months or so.  I guess I am going to learn patience.

On 11/25/2017 at 7:34 PM, basketballfrost said:

Hi guys, anyone here appling for Ohio state university? I am aplying for the Neuroscience program at OSU. And extremelly anxious about everything.

I'm applying to clinical psycho programs for the second time. While my CV has grown substantially and I feel like I have a strong application, I am constantly questioning EVERYTHING and know how much of a crap shoot this process is. At this point, I've confirmed that all of my applications are complete and are under review, but it's hard to not obsess. I'm trying to frame this all as being fatalistic  to reduce my anxiety, but it's really hard to not think about every application detail and the competition constantly.     >.<

Hey y'all!

All my apps are in (thank god) but I'm applying for a PhD in molecular nutrition!   I applied to UC-Berkeley, Colorado State, UNL, and Oregon State.  Hopefully I'll start to hear back from the CSU and UNL soon because they're rolling but all I can do is wait.

The metabolic biology program at Berkeley has an interview day in mid-January so hopefully I'll hear back if I got one or not in the next few weeks.

I'm also a current undergrad at Ohio State, go bucks! 

Hey guys!

By the grace of Michael Jackson my apps are all finally complete (Soooo much anxiety up until the last recommendation was submitted...late...today...at 3:37pm). This is my second round applying to PhD programs and I've definitely become more flexible in choosing programs and more specific in my interests. Regardless of what I learned from my first round of applications, I'm terrified. Luckily my job keeps me busy 95% of the time from 8am -4:45pm, so I haven't been able to check my phone 767 times a day....but whenever I take the slightest break, I think about it and check the results page to tear up over folks receiving interviews. Currently, Im applying to an assortment of Clinical & Clinical/Counseling programs, such as (ranked): Utah State, Seattle Pacific, Michigan State, Ole Miss, USC, UCSC and Oklahoma State. I'm praying at least one gives me a chance to interview, especially having no-such luck last year. I honestly can't imagine applying to PhD programs after this...too expensive and waaaay too painful. I'm happy for all of my friends from my Masters program that were accepted into PhD programs last yr but having to endure them asking me why I didn't receive any interviews was too much...I can't take another year of that :/ 

Edited by TammyTams

Applied to 22 schools to Ph.D. in clinical psychology and not anxious at all. The secret is in the application list:

5 institutions with requirements beyond my stretch,

5 institutions with requirements around my stretch,

5 institutions with requirements well within my reach,

5 institutions with requirements under my applicational assets, and

2 institutions without funding and within my applicational assets.

Also applying to HCI programs and CS programs with HCI and affective computing research. Only appying to 5 schools (CMU, Stanford, USC, Cornell, and Georgia Tech), so I'm definitely nervous. I have decently specific interests which is why I didn't apply to that many schools. At least the wait is shorter than undergrad applications! But since my winter break is longer than high school break was, I definitely will have much more free time to ruminate upon it. :( 

Also, I have a final today, so why am I on here?

Just here to say that I’m dreading the possible moment I scroll down the ‘Results’ page and see a program I applied to. This isn’t the first time I’m applying to PhD programs so my heart would absolutely broken. If there’s a ‘mutual support’ topic, I’ll probably be under it crying.

10 minutes ago, LolJustAdmitMe said:

Just here to say that I’m dreading the possible moment I scroll down the ‘Results’ page and see a program I applied to.

Is there a results page already??