Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

9 minutes ago, WolfBlass said:

Hi there, 

I'm new to this forum but I just found out I've been waitlisted for Ottawa U - does anyone have any advice/thoughts on the waitlist process and how likely admission is when your waitlisted? Thanks!

Can I ask how you found out your application status?

Thanks!:) 

I unfortunately don’t have any advice as it’s my first round of applications, but have hope! This is of course better than a rejection. 

27 minutes ago, WolfBlass said:

It was via email. And thanks!

Interesting! I haven't heard anything at all from them. Did anything happen to change on your online portal? Also if you are comfortable could you message me the initials of your POI? Sorry, I also don't know anything about waitlists.

Edited by Plunk
Forgot to ask a question.

34 minutes ago, Plunk said:

Interesting! I haven't heard anything at all from them. Did anything happen to change on your online portal? Also if you are comfortable could you message me the initials of your POI? Sorry, I also don't know anything about waitlists.

I haven’t heard anything about my status either! I’m assuming every POI is going through this at a different pace. 

I received an email March 1st saying I have been accepted to uOttawa Clinical Psychology!  Email came from someone in the department, saying a formal offer from the Faculty will follow. In case anyone is wondering, at this time my admissions file still says "Under Evaluation"

Edited by Executive-D

Hi everyone! I’m hoping for some advice… 

I had applied to the M.A.(Ed) Counselling Psychology at Ottawa and was informed via e-mail that I was not accepted to that program, but was instead being offered a spot in the M.Ed. Course based program in Counselling Psychology. This program does not involve a research component and it is not possible to pursue a PhD with it, but I’ve been told that transferring to the M.A. program at a later date is a possibility. I remain cautious about taking a gamble on that though. Also, according to their website, the PhD program in Counselling Psychology is currently suspended, which also worries me. 

I was hoping to gather any advice or insights that people would be willing to share on this situation. Thank you in advance!

10 hours ago, Executive-D said:

I received an email March 1st saying I have been accepted to uOttawa Clinical Psychology!  Email came from someone in the department, saying a formal offer from the Faculty will follow. In case anyone is wondering, at this time my admissions file still says "Under Evaluation"

Hey! Congrats! Would it be possible for you to message me the initials of your POI? 

10 hours ago, Executive-D said:

Congrats! Any chance you can message me the initials of your POI as well? 

On 3/3/2018 at 12:31 AM, Laur479 said:

Hi everyone! I’m hoping for some advice… 

I had applied to the M.A.(Ed) Counselling Psychology at Ottawa and was informed via e-mail that I was not accepted to that program, but was instead being offered a spot in the M.Ed. Course based program in Counselling Psychology. This program does not involve a research component and it is not possible to pursue a PhD with it, but I’ve been told that transferring to the M.A. program at a later date is a possibility. I remain cautious about taking a gamble on that though. Also, according to their website, the PhD program in Counselling Psychology is currently suspended, which also worries me. 

I was hoping to gather any advice or insights that people would be willing to share on this situation. Thank you in advance!

I personally wouldn't pursue it if you know that you want to do a PhD in the future, given both the fact it's course-based and there's currently no PhD option.

1 hour ago, Plunk said:

Just received an email from my POI at Concordia telling me I have been accepted. If anyone wants to know my POI just shoot me a message. Good luck everyone!! 

Congrats @Plunk, that must have been a great message to wake up to!

On 3/1/2018 at 11:38 AM, Brizzle said:

I know someone here mentioned French schools, so I thought this information might be useful:

I applied to: Concordia, Université de Montréal (UdeM), Université du Québéc à Montréal (UQAM), Université du Québéc à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) & Université de Sherbrooke (UdeS).

I was interviewed at Concordia and my POI has recommended me for admission but I am still waiting for an official decision. I was also invited to interview at UQAM and UdeS, both of which are in a few weeks from now. I know UQTR doesn't do interviews, so all that's left is UdeM. Has anyone heard from UdeM for the PsyD or PhD (adult clinical)? 

Best of luck to everyone! 

Hi, Would you mind sharing the initials of your POI?

On 3/3/2018 at 11:21 AM, Anne said:

There's a post asking about York in the Results section. If anyone who interviewed for CD or went to CD Open House wants to talk about it, message me!

Hi! I interviewed during the Open House for CD. Can you message me?

On 2018-03-04 at 6:02 PM, ContentFaces said:

I personally wouldn't pursue it if you know that you want to do a PhD in the future, given both the fact it's course-based and there's currently no PhD option.

Hey, thanks so much for the response! I definitely agree that it does not come off as a very appealing option... 

If anyone is at uOttawa or happens to knows what's going with their PhD program in Counselling Psychology currently being suspended, I would really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!

21 hours ago, +ve regard said:

U of T official letter arrived (via e-mail notification to check SGS)!! It was worth the wait! Keep the hope alive :) 

@+ve regard

Congrats!! :) 

Were you interviewed for U of T clinical psychology? Do you have any information about when they will be accepting rejections or acceptances and if there's still hope for someone who hasn't been contacted? :s

16 hours ago, lobstergirl said:

Were you interviewed for U of T clinical psychology? Do you have any information about when they will be accepting rejections or acceptances and if there's still hope for someone who hasn't been contacted? :s

Hi @lobstergirl I will send you a pm with more details :)