Fall 2018 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

psych0

8 hours ago, Neuropsych24 said:

Hi all, I'm assuming some/most of the PhD clinical programs have sent out interview invites, but can anyone give an update on the following:

UAB

UCSD/SDSU joint doctoral program

Alabama Tuscaloosa

Vanderbilt

Wash U St Louis

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

For anyone interested in the clinical program at Washington University in St. Louis, faculty met to make interviewee selections on 1/8, and the graduate coordinator sent official invitations shortly thereafter. Hope this helps! Good luck, all.

8 hours ago, gponzini said:

For people interested in UPenn, a mass email with all interview invites went out last Friday. UVA is still sending out interview invites. 

do you know whether they do multiple interview rounds or just one group?

On 1/9/2018 at 3:17 PM, sicm18 said:

I have seen a few posters for VCU and U of Arizona and SMU - does anyone know if these programs have extended all of their invites? I have yet to hear anything from them and check my email/portals religiously. Thanks!

Hi there! I may be able to give some insight to VCU (but I did not apply to clinical). I recently had in-person interview weekend. (Jan. 11-12). The grad students said the clinical program has 2-3 interview weekends in order to make the interviews more intimate, and they were still planning those interviews. I have no idea what the POI’s have done/ haven’t done to send invites, but it sounds like VCU clinical operates in waves.

Hope this helps! Good luck! 

8 hours ago, cafe212 said:

Has anyone heard from the following?

Northern Illinois U.

Northwestern

University of Kansas

U of Illinois - Chicago

Thank you!!

NIU sent out their interview invites last week. Seemed to be by POI, so I’m not sure if there might be more going out. 

13 hours ago, psychedforgradschool said:

Hi all! Has anyone heard from the following programs (or does anyone have information on their timelines)?

-Rutgers Psy.D.

-Columbia / Teacher's College Clinical Ph.D

-Long Island University Clinical Ph.D.

-CUNY / City College Clinical Ph.D. 

Thanks so much!

Received interview for Columbia this past week. I got the impression that decisions were still being made though.

On 1/20/2018 at 12:14 AM, cafe212 said:

do you know whether they do multiple interview rounds or just one group?

Most programs invite the first wave of applicants, and almost always the incoming cohort is selected from that group. It is extremely rare to extend invites to a second round. 

Best of luck!

School: University of Missouri Kansas City

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of Invite: 1/22/18

Notification: Email

Interview Day: 2/23 

Sadly I won't be able to go in person, so I'll have to do a Skype/phone interview instead. Good luck everyone!

10 minutes ago, corbeau said:

School: University of Missouri Kansas City

Interview Day: 2/23 

Sadly I won't be able to go in person, so I'll have to do a Skype/phone interview instead. Good luck everyone!

Was this a mass email from DCT or from POI?

School: Southern Illinois University at Carbondale

Interview Day: 2/25-26

Email was from the DCT, in what I assume was a mass email. The email mentioned that the department's "short list" had been made and an optional open house weekend has been set for 2/25-26 with offers for skype interviews as well for those who can't make it.

I saw that Georgia State Clinical Psych invites went out; I was wondering if anyone has heard from the Clinical Neuropsychology concentration though? I called last Friday and the graduate adviser said she believed they were still being sent out.

3 hours ago, b_l91 said:

School: Southern Illinois University at Carbondale

Interview Day: 2/25-26

Email was from the DCT, in what I assume was a mass email. The email mentioned that the department's "short list" had been made and an optional open house weekend has been set for 2/25-26 with offers for skype interviews as well for those who can't make it.

Do you mind sharing your POI?