Fall 2018 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

psych0

9 hours ago, psynerd said:

Does any one know when rutgers psyd program starts to send interview invites?

i know that their application was due not so long ago, but I’m wondering if it’ll be some time soon!

thank you :)

I believe they review applications until the end of January, so its possible to hear something next week but more likely the first week of February. Good luck! 

Has anyone heard anything from UMich-Ann Arbor for Clinical Science (Psychology) yet? For the last 2 years, it seems their rejections were sent around January 16-18, and I assume interview invites would have been sent around then, too. I still haven't heard anything after my initial Skype conversation with them.

On 1/23/2018 at 5:37 PM, missfleur said:

Received a mass email from American University, as follows:

"Dear Applicant,

We appreciate your interest in American University's doctoral program in clinical psychology. I wanted to send a quick update about where we are in our admissions process. We are currently wrapping up our review of files, and we plan to send out interview invitations in the next week or two (these invitations will not likely all go out on the same day). Our interview days will be February 15th and 16th, with a student social on the evening of the 15th for all interviewing students.

Thanks again for your interest in American University."

I received an email from DCT today inviting me to interview. I'd be happy to share my POI privately.

2 hours ago, horseshoesandhandgrenades said:

The email I received came at about 9:00am today and appeared to be a mass email. It was in my junk mail though so be sure to check there!

Thanks! I was waitlisted to interview. I don’t know the odds of receiving an interview now. Probably not too high.

4 minutes ago, ha_psychhh! said:

Has anyone heard from the following?

-POIs from SDSU/UCSD’s Neuropsychology concentration

-University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center

On the results page, three people reported getting a call from the department/POI (1/23 & 1/24). I assume that they may do another day or two of calls (like UCLA did). UCSD/SDSU appears to historically let people know about rejections shortly after calls started. Best of luck! Hopefully you get a call in the next day or so. 

1 hour ago, ha_psychhh! said:

Has anyone heard from the following?

-POIs from SDSU/UCSD’s Neuropsychology concentration

-University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center

Also waiting from UTSW! Based on previous results they should be sending stuff out soon :)

I saw on the general submissions page that NIU sent out a waitlist email today. I saw on this forum a few pages back that NIU had already sent out acceptances and rejections, and I haven't received either. I e-mailed the admissions committee several days ago and haven't heard anything from them either. Does anyone know what this means?

6 minutes ago, missfleur said:

If anyone got an invite from Teachers College, could you please send me your POI's initials? Thank you!

Since there are many disconnected posts asking the very same question for CU TC PIs' initials in these last 2 pages, if anyone reads every post and sees multiple requests, they might be less inclined to message 8 people (vs 1-2). Is there a better way to get this information?

2 hours ago, getfrozty said:

Since there are many disconnected posts asking the very same question for CU TC PIs' initials in these last 2 pages, if anyone reads every post and sees multiple requests, they might be less inclined to message 8 people (vs 1-2). Is there a better way to get this information?

Maybe if someone gets a message on the forum privately, they can post it here and not mention the person who messaged them so they remain more anonymous? I'd be happy to do that.

Edited by missfleur

5 hours ago, missfleur said:

Maybe if someone gets a message on the forum privately, they can post it here and not mention the person who messaged them so they remain more anonymous? I'd be happy to do that.

Yeah, this is a fine idea. 

So someone just posted for CU, saying 

• POI done selecting interviewees. Sent me a nice email. I was close, but not close enough. POI: DM

Is this Doug Mennin? I wanted to apply to him but on the FAQ it said 

so I ruled him out. So he was accepting a student after all???

Edited by getfrozty

7 minutes ago, taylorjl said:

I haven't seen many post on TGC results page. Has anyone heard back from University of Southern California, Notre Dame, Emory, or University of Colorado Denver? 

I didn’t apply to Emory, but I have a friend interviewing for Emory’s program this weekend.

Posting rejection via SDSU/UCSD email:

As I'm sure you are aware, our program is very competitive. This year we received almost 400 applications for a maximum of 15 slots.

The Selection Committee has now evaluated all applications and have made all interview offers. Although we understand this is not the result you were hoping for, we wish you well in your career.

Please note that this notification is being made as a courtesy and you will receive an official notice by e-mail from the SDSU Graduate Admissions office at a later date. 

Couldn't even see a CAPTCHA to enter in the Submit Results page, so posting it here.

Edited by 21ny14

I got a very pleasant email from a PI at UMass Boston (HL), after having a phone call with her,  informing me that I was not invited to attend the interview day. If anyone got an offer from her and isn't too excited about it, PLEASE let me take your spot lol