Fall 2018 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

psych0

6 hours ago, clinpsydreams2018 said:

I emailed the program director at UMSL and he informed me that they made their first round of offers yesterday.  I'm on the high alternate list.  Let's hope these people choose options! :(

Did you interview with UMSL?

23 hours ago, 2ndTimeHopeful said:

Does anyone know if all of the St. John’s invites have gone out?  I saw One post. It’s the last one on my list & just want to know whether to cross it off. 

I'd also like to know. Last school on my list and want to know if I should cross it off.

Anyone heard back from Arkansas yet? Those who posted acceptances on the results page, would you mind PMing your POIs? My POI told us he would inform all applicants when he makes his initial decision. 

4 hours ago, GAR2538 said:

Does anyone know if the University of Texas - Austin interview invites have already gone out? A few friends and I haven't gotten any word back. 

Yes, a friend of mine received an invitation. I'm not sure when she got it (at least a week or two ago), but the interview day is at the end of the month. 

Wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me: I've had a couple of interviews already that I felt went well, but my last couple interviews aren't for 2-3 more weeks. The gap is making me anxious given that I may (or may not) hear from these earlier schools before completing my interview cycle.

How are everyone's interviews going?

I saw on the results page that a few people received rejections from Washington State Univ (Pullman) and it seems that they were notified via a mass email but no one has posted about interviews. I did not get a rejection email. I'm unsure what to think right now. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

4 minutes ago, clinpsydreams2018 said:

Does anyone know how waitlists typically work?  Are you on a waitlist for your specific POI or the program as a whole?  Is it a wait for one person to turn down a spot or anyone from the cohort?

I think this is a tough question to answer. Every program is different and it really just depends on how the admissions process for a particular program works. Sometimes the program may have an alternate, unranked pool that they dip back into if needed after interviews or even after initial admissions offers. If you interview somewhere and you are waitlisted after the interview then it depends... If a program doesn't work on a mentor model then it may be WL for the program as a whole but if the POI's review applications, chose who they want to interview etc., then you may be one of their alternates for admission depending on what happens with the initial person or people they make admissions offers to.

8 hours ago, PsychM said:

I saw on the results page that a few people received rejections from Washington State Univ (Pullman) and it seems that they were notified via a mass email but no one has posted about interviews. I did not get a rejection email. I'm unsure what to think right now. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm also waiting to hear back... this was one I really expected to hear back from too. Not sure what to think either.

8 minutes ago, Psych800 said:

I'm also waiting to hear back... this was one I really expected to hear back from too. Not sure what to think either.

Right? I am just not sure if these rejections mean all invites have already gone out or what. I work with a post doc that went to this program for her PhD and she talked to a former lab mate two weeks ago and he said he wasn't sure about invites being sent or not but said no one had asked him or anyone else in the lab about hosting students so I assumed at that point that nothing had gone out for my POI at least. But that was two weeks ago, a lot can happen in two weeks! I did email the program today though so I will let you know if they respond. 

On 2/9/2018 at 9:51 AM, missfleur said:

I'd also like to know. Last school on my list and want to know if I should cross it off.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:56 AM, 2ndTimeHopeful said:

Does anyone know if all of the St. John’s invites have gone out?  I saw One post. It’s the last one on my list & just want to know whether to cross it off. 

I'm withdrawing myself from the interview process today there because of a more compatible offer so hopefully that will open up another slot for someone if you still haven't heard! Best of luck!