Fall 2018 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

psych0

To the person asking about this on the Results page, Fordham University will get back to its clinical applicants "late February or early March." They take a lot of time because every faculty members has a say on who gets admitted, a single POI can't unilaterally accept someone.

3 hours ago, horseshoesandhandgrenades said:

Does anyone know what day the admissions committee from CUNY City College is meeting? I believe its next week but not sure when. Also, how did your interviews go? Mine wasn't anything like I expected!

Hi! I know they have one more interview day on Thursday 15th and then convene on March 8th or 9th to make decisions. The student I met on my interview day told me its a lengthy process, where they need to present your "write ups/assessments" from your interviewer to the admissions committee and then they decide. It sounds like a very unbiased process - I was very impressed. 

As for the interview itself, it was very thought-provoking and challenging but I enjoyed it. I was so terribly nervous because it was my first interview, and its my first choice that i didn't respond the way I would have liked and dont feel I presented my best self, but I cant go back in time.  What was yours like? Do you feel like you got a better sense for the program?

Edited by ML8
typo

13 hours ago, ML8 said:

Hi! I know they have one more interview day on Thursday 15th and then convene on March 8th or 9th to make decisions. The student I met on my interview day told me its a lengthy process, where they need to present your "write ups/assessments" from your interviewer to the admissions committee and then they decide. It sounds like a very unbiased process - I was very impressed. 

As for the interview itself, it was very thought-provoking and challenging but I enjoyed it. I was so terribly nervous because it was my first interview, and its my first choice that i didn't respond the way I would have liked and dont feel I presented my best self, but I cant go back in time.  What was yours like? Do you feel like you got a better sense for the program?

That is EXACTLY how I felt! It was my first interview too! I truly felt I was overprepared in all the wrong ways and I can't stop thinking about very specific things I said that I wish I articulated differently.

I was also very impressed by their process. They clearly make no decisions lightly, which is why you should feel great about getting the interview in the first place :) I absolutely loved the conversation I had with the faculty I interviewed with but I think the student I interviewed with might not be impressed. But you're right, its out of our hands now and I guess we'll just have to have faith in their democratic process.......

Has anyone heard from Yeshiva's Clinical PsyD program since the mass email they sent out on 1/23? The email said they were still reviewing applications and that they would be sending out more invitations within the next 2 weeks. I haven't seen any updates on the results page and I haven't heard anything from the school. Thanks!

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone heard from University of Rhode Island's Clinical Psych program. I did a Skype interview (does that hurt my chances?) with my POI, another faculty member, and their grad students, so I don't know when they're supposed to send out admission results...

Edited by PHPsych

I received an email on 2/13/18 from CUNY John Jay College's DCT indicating that I've been placed on a short wait list. I attended their interview on 2/9/16. Feel free to message me for my POI.

Additionally, if anyone else applied here and wants to discuss the program, please PM me because I have some unanswered questions and would love additional perspectives.

Edited by Psych800

Anyone heard from Arkansas yet? My POI told us that he'd let us all know at the same time when he made any decisions. They told us we'd hear back in about one or two weeks. It's been a little more than three weeks, so I'm starting to get a bit nervous. 

@CLin94 My POI for Stony Brook emailed me to let me know that he probably won't have a line of funding for a student (so I'm on the waitlist).  He mentioned that faculty members have met and reviewed applications, and I got the impression that offers had been made to other students. I hope this helps!

Has anyone heard from UCLA or Teachers college Columbia university about their Clinical Psych PhD interviews or contacted them about if they have finished finalizing the admissions?? I dont know if i should start presuming that i am rejected! :(  This is my first time applying and dont know how this waiting process works!

6 hours ago, Monisha said:

Has anyone heard from UCLA or Teachers college Columbia university about their Clinical Psych PhD interviews or contacted them about if they have finished finalizing the admissions?? I dont know if i should start presuming that i am rejected! :(  This is my first time applying and dont know how this waiting process works!

I am actually very uncertain what is going on with TC so maybe someone else can address that. There may be hope for this one!

UCLA:  My colleague had an interview invite in January and the interviews were conducted earlier this month. Based on the results page one of the admissions already went out. Here is this link that may have a status check for your application, though they usually don't send non-interview rejections until like March: https://appstatus.grad.ucla.edu/Account/AppStatus.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fAccount%2fLogin.aspx 

Don't get discouraged if you get an outcome other than an interview/rejection for those two programs, they are some of the most competitive programs and theres many factors that go into interview invites. Good Luck!

Edited by 123pickme

6 hours ago, Monisha said:

My coworker was accepted to UCLA last week.

7 hours ago, Monisha said:

PhD interviews were yesterday, unfortunately, for TC. 

Has anyone heard back post-Interview for the following schools (all clinical)?

VCU (child)

UNC (child)

DePaul (Child) 

GWU (child)

Edited by Eanertodt
Forgot a word

On 2/14/2018 at 3:05 PM, Hopefull_student said:

Has anyone heard from the university of tennesse knoxvillefrom the interview weekend (02/02/18)?

I heard back after emailing the POI I interviewed with and she let me know she had made an offer to someone else. She emailed me on 2/10/18. Best of luck!