Fall 2018 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

psych0

On 1/28/2018 at 10:31 PM, corbeau said:

Has anyone heard from Kent State's clinical program? According to the CUDCP calendar, they're holding interviews on Feb 3 and Feb 10. I feel like they should have sent out invites by now, but nothing's been posted on the Results page. Really strange.

Each POI was different, but I received my official invite in mid January.

On 1/23/2018 at 10:16 PM, StudiestStudy said:

Anyone hear from these schools or saw a previous post about them:

- Tufts

-Emory

-University of Washington

-USC

-West Virginia University

-University of Southern Florida

-Illinois Institute of Technology

-Virginia Tech

Appreciate your help!

I heard I was waitlisted with no interview from wvu and they would let me know if they are going to do a second round of interviews

On 1/23/2018 at 9:16 PM, StudiestStudy said:

- Tufts

-Emory

-USC

-Virginia Tech

Appreciate your help!

I got an email from IIT for an interview. Email came on January 25th, Interview day is March 2nd. Good luck! 

On 1/23/2018 at 12:25 PM, Hk328 said:

Has anyone heard from William Paterson University's PsyD program? The website says the interview date is February 9th, but I haven't seen any posts on here about invites yet.  

I can confirm that I am interviewing at William Paterson on Friday, Feb 9th. 

Also interviewed at Virginia Consortium for the early interview weekend, Jan 26th, because I was at Ole Miss last weekend, Feb 2-3.

To the Arkansas poster on the results page who was accepted by phone today, who's your POI? Was the call from your POI personally or was it from the admissions coordinator?

Has anyone who has interviewed left a program with more questions than answers? 

I just attended an interview and I must admit that I was expecting to leave a Clinical Psychology Interview with more excitement than I did. Maybe this means this isn't the program for me, but even after having asked my interviewees my main questions, I feel that I still have so many questions. Specifically around the stability of funding and mentor/program support of students while they are in the program.

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, 123pickme said:

Has anyone who has interviewed left a program with more questions than answers? 

I just attended an interview and I must admit that I was expecting to leave a Clinical Psychology Interview with more excitement than I did. Maybe this means this isn't the program for me, but even after having asked my interviewees my main questions, I feel that I still have so many questions. Specifically around the stability of funding and mentor/program support of students while they are in the program.

Thoughts?

Interviews can be super overwhelming, so it's okay to leave feeling a little lost! I would recommend reaching out to someone you met during the interview. Maybe a graduate student in your POI's lab. If you didn't get to meet any, email your POI and ask to be connected to one of their students. You can talk on the phone with the student and ask whatever questions you have. Since it's not a formal interview, you'll be less anxious, you'll have more time, and the student will probably be more honest with you. You can even talk to two students on the phone for different perspectives! 

That being said, if you leave an interview not feeling too great about it, it may not be the best fit for you.

Good luck with everything!

22 hours ago, 2ndTimeHopeful said:

Can the St. John’s poster please PM me your POI. Congratulations. Has anyone else heard from St. John’s? 

19 hours ago, psycstudent2018 said:

Also interested in a PM of the POI

Hi, I heard from St. John's for Adult Clinical, but not from a POI.  Generic Email with interview date.

I was a "high alternate for admission" at the University of Florida and I received this email today.

"At this time, no further spots have become available for the 2018 Visitation Weekend.   As you know, the application process for admission to the Clinical Psychology doctoral programs is quite competitive, and we are not able to invite all applicants to interview.  We will continue to keep your application in an unranked alternate pool.  Pending decisions after Visitation Weekend, the Admissions Committee will reconvene in late March to reconsider all those candidates in the alternate pool.   
We recognize that you must continue your journey for higher education opportunities while you await our admissions process.  Please be assured that we understand your situation and that we will proceed as quickly as possible to reach final decisions.  Thank you again for your application and for your interest in UF’s doctoral program in Clinical Psychology.  We appreciate the thoughtfulness and hard work you put into your application and acknowledge your strong interest in the University of Florida."

On 1/23/2018 at 9:16 PM, StudiestStudy said:

- Tufts

-Emory

-USC

-Virginia Tech

Appreciate your help!

USC: interviews on 1/26, initial offers are out

Tufts: Psychology interview on 2/25-2/26, Pi has received approval from the department to extend invites already

Washington University in St Louis: Interview invites were all out

Emory: Interview was held already

Best

The University of South Florida has sent out all their interview invites (for 2/2 and 2/16). I interviewed a few days ago over Skype and I asked my POI everything except when they would get back to students about offers. Does anyone know when they'll get back to us?

7 hours ago, clinical_chicana said:

Yes, they extended all of the interview invitations and all interview dates have already passed. I was told that faculty are meeting today to discuss decisions. 

Anything else to this?  I know the director of the program was leaving the country tomorrow and I thought planning to extend offers before..  Did anyone else hear anything tonight?

19 minutes ago, clinpsydreams2018 said:

Anything else to this?  I know the director of the program was leaving the country tomorrow and I thought planning to extend offers before..  Did anyone else hear anything tonight?

I didn't hear anything today. Not sure about others.