2018 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

eevee

Anyone heard from Berkeley neuro?  I am assuming no word means rejection at this point since people are being redirected from neuro admission to their MCB program.

2 days ago I phoned the neuro department and their program coordinator said they are still sending things out, but I'm starting to lose hope.  I'd like to know soon so I can stop worrying about it, as it's the last place I haven't heard from.

Edited by Bouton

30 minutes ago, tnoelle72 said:

I'll be there! Looks like we're going to a lot of the same places so we'll be seeing a lot of each other haha

Yay! Yeah it's crazy, I'm sure there will be a lot of recurring faces :-)

Does anyone know whether or not UCLA is done sending out invites? Last year only one person posted in January that they got an interview so idk for sure if they send them out on only one day in January (which I'm guessing is the case) or over multiple days. I just need to know whether or not that interview could possibly happen in order to schedule what weekend my brother should try to visit me at school. 

6 minutes ago, jasbee said:

Does anyone know whether or not UCLA is done sending out invites? Last year only one person posted in January that they got an interview so idk for sure if they send them out on only one day in January (which I'm guessing is the case) or over multiple days. I just need to know whether or not that interview could possibly happen in order to schedule what weekend my brother should try to visit me at school. 

I am also still trying to figure this out. I am waiting to book a flight for another interview based on whether I am invited to this one!

I got an invite today for the University of Maryland SOM GPILS Neuroscience program for Feb 9th or Feb 23rd. It's my third invite and both dates conflict with the previous two. I guess I'm sending that painful email asking for "alternate arrangements," which at least the email mentioned were possible. I don't know how some folks swing half a dozen or more interviews. Now I'm nervous about both rejections and invites.

On 1/11/2018 at 2:19 PM, prettywings said:

Just emailed w/ the MIT graduate program assistant, and she told me that it's unlikely to be admitted if you haven't received an interview invitation by now, and that all rejected candidates will receive notifications in April. 

Also got unofficially rejected from UPenn when I tried to update my application :( I emailed them, and they said they received almost 400 applications this year. 

Feeling pretty sad because I still haven't received an interview from any of the schools I applied to :( 

Just to double check - did UPenn say they were done sending out all invites? I've been assuming they were done, but it would be nice to know for sure. 

19 minutes ago, jasbee said:

lol my feelings exactly (I was almost positive they were done, so I definitely sounded really surprised on the phone)

Did they happen to tell you when they will be done? Their website said people should be notified by late Dec./early Jan.... unless they're sending them in waves to see who responds and then filling the spots with backups?

8 minutes ago, th3redrabbit said:

Did they happen to tell you when they will be done? Their website said people should be notified by late Dec./early Jan.... unless they're sending them in waves to see who responds and then filling the spots with backups?

No they didn't say when they'd be done or what stage they were at - they just said they were "still reviewing applications" 

On 1/13/2018 at 1:19 AM, minds said:

I got an invite today for the University of Maryland SOM GPILS Neuroscience program for Feb 9th or Feb 23rd. It's my third invite and both dates conflict with the previous two. I guess I'm sending that painful email asking for "alternate arrangements," which at least the email mentioned were possible. I don't know how some folks swing half a dozen or more interviews. Now I'm nervous about both rejections and invites.

Ughhhh, I'm so jealous! They were my #1 school, and I got the e-mail to re-send resume/CV but haven't heard back from them since then. Here's to hoping I might be on a waitlist or something. 

17 hours ago, Sakashi said:

Ughhhh, I'm so jealous! They were my #1 school, and I got the e-mail to re-send resume/CV but haven't heard back from them since then. Here's to hoping I might be on a waitlist or something. 

I hope you are, too. I remember seeing your stats post and thinking it was uncanny how close your GPA, GRE scores, research experience and interests were to my own. You even outrank me in a few areas. Based on your interests, I imagine you are probably looking at some of the same POIs at Maryland that I am. If you don't get an invite, I'd be really surprised.

On 1/11/2018 at 3:35 PM, tnoelle72 said:

Not sure about in general, but I got a call from them today. Hope that helps!

Have you gotten an official email from them yet? I still haven't heard anything back from Stanford and I know they were letting people know late last week (albeit informally). Have they followed up phone calls with official emails from the program or are you guys still waiting for that?

1 hour ago, neuronerd1 said:

Have you gotten an official email from them yet? I still haven't heard anything back from Stanford and I know they were letting people know late last week (albeit informally). Have they followed up phone calls with official emails from the program or are you guys still waiting for that?

The official email is out