2018 Interviews and Results Thread

phyanth

3 hours ago, Indiana_Bones said:

Right there with you. Also... is this the Boas you can see?

Image result for franz boas

Yes exactly just like that. He perches on my desk and suggests I get out of my armchair for best results for whatever reason...

3 hours ago, phyanth said:

Heartbroken to see the WUSTL results, was my top choice :( Haven’t recieved any notice, so probably a rejection. Congrats to those who got in!!!

Right there with you, only my subfield is archaeology. I'm hoping "The Wait" gets over soon so I can know if I need a plan B. I'm at 4 rejections and one waitlist with only 3 more options to hear from.  It never occurred to me that I might not be accepted into any program....sigh.

13 hours ago, arizzolo said:

I got accepted for the forensic anthropology masters program 

Cool! Congrats!  I'm in general antho PhD program (I specialize in ancient DNA).  Guess I'll be meeting you in August!

18 minutes ago, Mitchell1 said:

Has anyone heard from UPenn?

I haven't heard from them, I think they're still reviewing apps. at least that is what a friend of mine said who's in the program. 

11 minutes ago, AnthroChick21 said:

Mine says that too! Where did you see people saying they’d been accepted? Do you know what subfield? 

Search anthropology in the results search, that is where I saw them. Neither of them stated their subfield. One MA student one PhD. My subfield is biological.

Edited by MJF

19 minutes ago, MJF said:

Search anthropology in the results search, that is where I saw them. Neither of them stated their subfield. One MA student one PhD. My subfield is biological.

11 minutes ago, AnthroChick21 said:

Mine too. Maybe they haven’t sent bio yet?

Same here. Do they even have anything separate from bio? I thought that was basically their only subfield

59 minutes ago, phyanth said:

Same here. Do they even have anything separate from bio? I thought that was basically their only subfield

They have multiple fields: archaeology, biological anthropology, cultural anthropology, Mediterranean archaeology, and zooarchaeology. I'm just hopeful that bio just hasn't made a decision yet. Some of them might be at the AAFS meeting right now anyway. 

Edited by MJF
Meant to say AAFS, not AAPA!

46 minutes ago, MJF said:

They have multiple fields: archaeology, biological anthropology, cultural anthropology, Mediterranean archaeology, and zooarchaeology. I'm just hopeful that bio just hasn't made a decision yet. Some of them might be at the AAPA meeting right now anyway. 

Don’t they know we’re going crazy waiting?

9 minutes ago, AnthroChick21 said:

Don’t they know we’re going crazy waiting?

I'm sure they know, they were in our shoes at one point! I'm hopeful that we will find out by Monday once everyone returns from AAFS. 

I'm trying my best to sit on my hands and -not- call anywhere for updates, but... I'm so tempted. Especially for the places that have their graduate school review AFTER the department has forwarded them their choices. Somehow calling the graduate school feels less intrusive than calling the department...