2018 Interviews and Results Thread

phyanth

1 hour ago, the_anthro_girl said:

Called MSU today and they said application decisions will be going out mid to late March.

Really? That seems so late :/ at least for acceptances

5 minutes ago, phyanth said:

Really? That seems so late :/ at least for acceptances

That is what I thought. I talked with the graduate secretary, and their spring break is this upcoming Monday so that is probably putting them a week behind as well. 

Funding........I suspect I will hear back next week or miraculously today. 

How many of you have received fellowships? 

I also took a look at my old posts....We've been through a lot together, lol. So happy to see so many updates! 

Edited by waltzforzizi

On 3/1/2018 at 2:55 PM, the_anthro_girl said:

That is what I thought. I talked with the graduate secretary, and their spring break is this upcoming Monday so that is probably putting them a week behind as well. 

So, my POI just e-mailed me and said that their offers fro candidates would be going out in the next week or so. Are the offices open for spring break??

Has anyone been accepted to MIT HASTS yet? Or waitlisted? I can see a couple of people rejected on the scoreboard, but neither of them were interviewed. Has anyone who was interviewed heard back from HASTS?

Also, what’s up with NYU’s email? “Graduate Enrollment Services posted the decision for your Fall 2018 application on your application status page on March 05, 2018. Please log into your application to view the decision.”

I checked the website but there’s nothing there. Other people got the same mysterious (and misdated) email.

6 hours ago, phyanth said:

So, my POI just e-mailed me and said that their offers fro candidates would be going out in the next week or so. Are the offices open for spring break??

I'd be surprised if offices were closed. The only time that university offices are closed are for weekends, inclement weather, or most federally recognized holidays.

15 hours ago, phyanth said:

Definitely open. The only people who get spring break are students... :(

Source: work in academic office 

17 hours ago, phyanth said:

I know OSU's offices are definitely open for spring break! I wouldn't be  surprised if some departments exclusively meet to do funding during break when professors schedules don't have classes

2 hours ago, Indiana_Bones said:

Definitely open. The only people who get spring break are students... :(

Source: work in academic office 

I work at the childcare center on our campus and we are also always open. Since we employ undergrad students as a big part of our staff too we almost always have staffing shortages bc they go home for break while faculty and hospital staff don't. On campus employees have to stick together during break weeks!

18 hours ago, clarkdean said:

Also, what’s up with NYU’s email? “Graduate Enrollment Services posted the decision for your Fall 2018 application on your application status page on March 05, 2018. Please log into your application to view the decision.”

Maybe the decision will be there on the 5th and they accidentally sent the email too early?

4 hours ago, suavesana said:

Maybe the decision will be there on the 5th and they accidentally sent the email too early?

For UTK I know the portal updated my app to "decision made" and then I had to wait 3 business days for the actual letter to be added to the portal before I could see it, so maybe it's a situation like that? Either way fingers crossed that you get good news!

On 3/3/2018 at 9:10 PM, towerbridge said:

For UTK I know the portal updated my app to "decision made" and then I had to wait 3 business days for the actual letter to be added to the portal before I could see it, so maybe it's a situation like that? Either way fingers crossed that you get good news!

I'm a little annoyed because I received a rejection email from UTK and in the email it said I would be contacted by the anthropology department as well. But my application still says in review.  It has been almost a whole week since I got the email.

2 hours ago, MJF said:

I'm a little annoyed because I received a rejection email from UTK and in the email it said I would be contacted by the anthropology department as well. But my application still says in review.  It has been almost a whole week since I got the email.

That's really frustrating I'm sorry :( For my application, the portal said it delays the actual graduate school letters from being released until 3 business days after the decision is officially made (which my decision was made on a Thursday so I had to wait a whole weekend too! Hang in there!) I would check today or tomorrow for the decision letter in the portal, but contact the department directly if you don't hear by the end of this week. I don't know a lot about the etiquette for this kind of stuff, but I feel like it's a positive to ask for any feedback they might be able to provide about reasons for rejection and stuff? 

Don't get too discouraged, I'm sure there are still some awesome things in store for you!

2 hours ago, Indiana_Bones said:

Anyone else still waiting for decisions?

Still waiting on University of West Florida. Their apps were due at the beginning of January so I'm not holding my breath, but I also hadn't seen if anybody on here had applied or heard anything either.