2018 Interviews and Results Thread

phyanth

3 hours ago, Indiana_Bones said:

Anyone else still waiting for decisions?

Only OSU left, for me.

I applied to 3 programs, and now that feels really light after seeing how many apps everyone else seems to have put in. Too late now, but best of luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back.

1 hour ago, towerbridge said:

Still waiting on University of West Florida. Their apps were due at the beginning of January so I'm not holding my breath, but I also hadn't seen if anybody on here had applied or heard anything either. 

I applied to West Florida too and I’m still waiting as well.

I’m also still waiting on Southern Mississippi, but they don’t make decisions until next week.

49 minutes ago, Alynnh said:

I applied to West Florida too and I’m still waiting as well.

I’m also still waiting on Southern Mississippi, but they don’t make decisions until next week.

Ahhh it sucks to still be waiting, but I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one waiting on them since I hadn't seen a lot about UWF in this thread. I hope you hear good news from both places!

1 hour ago, towerbridge said:

Ahhh it sucks to still be waiting, but I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one waiting on them since I hadn't seen a lot about UWF in this thread. I hope you hear good news from both places!

I applied to UWF as well. Still haven’t heard anything.

I’m still waiting on: UWF, USF, LSU, UPitt, U-Amherst, and CSU-Chico.

I already got rejected from UC-Boulder. I wasn’t a good fit there and it was a stretch to try to fit my interests with theirs so it was expected.

I haven’t seen anyone that has been accepted to any of those schools yet aside from one at LSU. Speaking of which, did anyone that applied to LSU get a weird acceptance email? I got two of the same emails from the department and it started with Congratulations and I was accepted so my heart stopped for a second but as I kept reading, the email didn’t make sense (bad wording, wrong dates, grammar mistakes, etc) and it was obviously was an error. A follow up email from someone in the department 5 minutes after apologized for the email going out and that it was a glitch in the system. 

15 minutes ago, Jonthropology said:

I applied to UWF as well. Still haven’t heard anything.

I’m still waiting on: UWF, USF, LSU, UPitt, U-Amherst, and CSU-Chico.

I already got rejected from UC-Boulder. I wasn’t a good fit there and it was a stretch to try to fit my interests with theirs so it was expected.

I haven’t seen anyone that has been accepted to any of those schools yet aside from one at LSU. Speaking of which, did anyone that applied to LSU get a weird acceptance email? I got two of the same emails from the department and it started with Congratulations and I was accepted so my heart stopped for a second but as I kept reading, the email didn’t make sense (bad wording, wrong dates, grammar mistakes, etc) and it was obviously was an error. A follow up email from someone in the department 5 minutes after apologized for the email going out and that it was a glitch in the system. 

I was the LSU acceptance! I also got that weird e-mail today, but they told me that my acceptance letter would come from someone else. So not sure what the deal was, or what that means for you. Did you apply for an MA or PhD? 

1 hour ago, phyanth said:

I was the LSU acceptance! I also got that weird e-mail today, but they told me that my acceptance letter would come from someone else. So not sure what the deal was, or what that means for you. Did you apply for an MA or PhD? 

Congrats! It seems like a good program. Who is your POI, if you don’t mind me asking?

Im applying for the MA program. I didn’t read too much into the follow up email. Although it said we would receive acceptance letters from someone, I didn’t take it as I got accepted. Still staying positive though! 

Edited by Jonthropology

On 2/10/2018 at 5:03 AM, Mitchell1 said:

Did anyone else apply to University of Colorado, Boulder? Heard anything?

yeah I applied on 4th Jan and received an admit on 23rd feb in MS in mechanical engineering

17 hours ago, Jonthropology said:

Congrats! It seems like a good program. Who is your POI, if you don’t mind me asking?

Im applying for the MA program. I didn’t read too much into the follow up email. Although it said we would receive acceptance letters from someone, I didn’t take it as I got accepted. Still staying positive though! 

I PMed you :)

just got my Boston rejection! I've now officially heard back from all my schools. This was my 3rd attempt at applying to PhD programs and looks like 3rd time IS a charm - I was accepted to both of my top choice programs and will be attending University of Notre Dame in the Fall! Don't give up!!!

16 minutes ago, suavesana said:

just got my Boston rejection! I've now officially heard back from all my schools. This was my 3rd attempt at applying to PhD programs and looks like 3rd time IS a charm - I was accepted to both of my top choice programs and will be attending University of Notre Dame in the Fall! Don't give up!!!

Congrats!!!!

Does anyone know if American University is dividing up their decisions based on sub-field? I have a friend who is an archaeologist who indicated that she had received word but I've heard nothing from the sociocultural folks (either here or on the results thread). I asked and was told by their graduate enrollment asst. director that decisions would be released the third week of February. Anyone heard anything?

On March 5, 2018 at 10:10 AM, Indiana_Bones said:

Anyone else still waiting for decisions?

Mostly just UPenn! Did anyone here apply there for BioAnth (and if so did you ever hear back for an interview or even a decision?)

1 hour ago, leoni said:

Mostly just UPenn! Did anyone here apply there for BioAnth (and if so did you ever hear back for an interview or even a decision?)

I applied for Bioanth and haven’t heard anything. I was interviewed a few months back but haven’t heard anything. 

12 minutes ago, Bschaefer said:

I applied for Bioanth and haven’t heard anything. I was interviewed a few months back but haven’t heard anything. 

If you don't mind me asking, how formal was your interview? I had a Skype session before apps, one in January, and then my research advisor had one (on my behalf) in February all with my POI but they all felt very informal and I haven't heard from anyone else in the department so I'm not really sure of where I stand...

@leoni no worries, definitely on the boarder or informal and formal. It was just with my POI though, and I met with a few other faculty members before I submitted at a conference at Penn Museum. I fell you though, I’m just over here like ???

11 hours ago, Bschaefer said:

@leoni no worries, definitely on the boarder or informal and formal. It was just with my POI though, and I met with a few other faculty members before I submitted at a conference at Penn Museum. I fell you though, I’m just over here like ???

Ha, yeah, I can completely relate to that feeling. The one linguistic acceptance says "informal" notification but now there's a sociocultural acceptance and an archaeology wait list. Who knows~ maybe these could be informal too or maybe different subfields are hearing at different times. Either way I'm trying to hold out hope till the end of the week! When I emailed my POI last week to ask about decisions she said they were still being finalized but asked me what my other offers were (and said that that could "speed along the process") so I told her but I'm still waiting to hear back (hopefully that helped my case? *fingers crossed*)