2018 Acceptances

2 hours ago, M(allthevowels)H said:

Yesss! Congratulations! (I'm still keeping an eye out for UCR, but it's great regardless)

Same. Thank you

Did anyone get an email tonight stating your decision was ready on the portal only to find it isn't there? I emailed NYU but got no response. Inhumane mistake, fo sho.

Update: they did the same thing to scores of people--15 so far, all disciplines, have posted thus on the results page. I share their pain and irritation. Terrible thing to do on a Friday.

Edited by Melville

18 hours ago, clinamen said:

Officially off the waitlist and accepted at USC! ? The email was unbelievably kind and detailed regarding my research and the admission process. Their funding package is super awesome, too. I’m thrilled to officially have this option! 

That's fantastic! Huge congrats. That has been my dream program for 2 years.

33 minutes ago, Dogfish Head said:

In at Vermont with full funding and a GTA. Very excited to have options! :D Is anyone else considering Vermont? 

Congrats! Do you have any interest in Continental philosophy or psychoanalysis? Or just cultural theory in general? Todd McGowan and Hilary Neroni at UVM are some of the absolute best in the game, and such wonderful people.

25 minutes ago, Crow T. Robot said:

Congrats! Do you have any interest in Continental philosophy or psychoanalysis? Or just cultural theory in general? Todd McGowan and Hilary Neroni at UVM are some of the absolute best in the game, and such wonderful people.

Thank you! I am very interested in continental philosophy and psychoanalysis. The faculty research interests are a huge plus for me! Did you go there?

21 minutes ago, Dogfish Head said:

Thank you! I am very interested in continental philosophy and psychoanalysis. The faculty research interests are a huge plus for me! Did you go there?

I didn't go to UVM, but I got a chance to spend some time with McGowan when my MA advisor brought him to our campus to give a talk, and he's absolutely brilliant. My only interaction with Neroni was a quick Q+A exchange at a conference--I've been meaning to read her work because her talk was incredible. UVM in general also sounds like a great place--I hear nothing but good things about Burlington!

Edited by Crow T. Robot

1 hour ago, Dogfish Head said:

In at Vermont with full funding and a GTA. Very excited to have options! :D Is anyone else considering Vermont? 

Congratulations!!! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions about UVM or Burlington. Husband and I both went there. :) 

18 minutes ago, jpbends said:

Was accepted to the Chicago MAPH after being rejected from the PhD. Got $8,000 in funding for a $55,000 program. Not taking it but it's nice on their part, I guess!

Same here! $8k is like not even a dent at all.