Fall 2017 Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections Thread

csot

2 hours ago, nbc21 said:

Just noticed that someone got a website confirmation from Columbia and phone notifications from Harvard (!!). Congrats!! Any more details/anybody else? My status hasn't changed from "submitted". 

I received the website confirmation from columbia yesterday though I received an informal acceptance by phone earlier this month. My status also says submitted but then when i clicked my application my decision was in a message. 

9 minutes ago, jojokitty47 said:

It seems like people are receiving acceptances, waitlists, and rejections from Indiana on the portal, but my status still just says "Submitted"...is this the case for anyone else or should I call them?

My status still say "Submitted" as well. 

9 minutes ago, jojokitty47 said:

It seems like people are receiving acceptances, waitlists, and rejections from Indiana on the portal, but my status still just says "Submitted"...is this the case for anyone else or should I call them?

I talked to the coordinator yesterday and she said:

"Letters have been mailed out over the last few days with the final batch being placed in the mail this morning. You should be hearing something within a few days."

Okie doke, last time I'll whine about Boston University on this forum! Some people have been accepted (one? almost two weeks ago?), some have been rejected, and some have been waitlisted-- I have heard nothing, and am assuming I'll be rejected, but it's my last realistic shot/app this season so I just want to move on now. I e-mailed the department administrator this morning and she replied promptly to say that I "should receive a decision in the next week or so." Hopefully that is helpful if there are other people waiting on BU... 

I'm at Portland State and they are making decisions soon, for anyone who is curious. 

6 hours ago, EvelynD said:

Congrats! No I have not, but I have been checking my email like crazy ever since I saw your result. How did they contact you?

Edit: nothing in my online portal. I have only recieved rejections so far from my other schools and it has already been a couple days since your acceptance so my hopes are low!

Thanks. They sent me an admission letter via email. I am also quite crazy because of the funding things. I emailed the graduate secretary, but there's no reply until now. 

1 hour ago, jojokitty47 said:

I received nothing from them until now. Have you called them?

37 minutes ago, Aucitronvert said:

Okie doke, last time I'll whine about Boston University on this forum! Some people have been accepted (one? almost two weeks ago?), some have been rejected, and some have been waitlisted-- I have heard nothing, and am assuming I'll be rejected, but it's my last realistic shot/app this season so I just want to move on now. I e-mailed the department administrator this morning and she replied promptly to say that I "should receive a decision in the next week or so." Hopefully that is helpful if there are other people waiting on BU... 

I'm at Portland State and they are making decisions soon, for anyone who is curious. 

I'm waiting on BU as well.

3 hours ago, EvelynD said:

I Just got my official rejection from Michigan State, they didn't think I would be a good match. Next year I'm going to try again but as an anthropology applicant!

Sorry to hear that

57 minutes ago, seon0102 said:

I talked to the coordinator yesterday and she said:

"Letters have been mailed out over the last few days with the final batch being placed in the mail this morning. You should be hearing something within a few days."

Are they sending paper rejection letters via postal service? 

11 minutes ago, sociologicals said:

Paper rejections seem cruel. Even paper admissions. I rather find out as as possible and then later on receive a paper admission letter.

Plus all of that paper, they should think of the trees.  Someone posted that WSU sent the rest of the news via post...so now I am avoiding the mail.

Edited by montanem

46 minutes ago, theorynetworkculture said:

Rejected from Columbia (but offered place in MA program). Still waiting on news from Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Northwestern, and Stanford.

I am also waiting on Harvard, Princeton, and Northwestern. I know the first two would be long shots, though... May I ask what your top choices are?

43 minutes ago, Puncherkid said:

I am also waiting on Harvard, Princeton, and Northwestern. I know the first two would be long shots, though... May I ask what your top choices are?

Northwestern should be end of this week or next.  I hate to be a pest about Harvard, but did anyone else notice that there was one add to the wiki that has no year/no status? Am I to understand that as a mistake? In which case we'd have only had one Harvard call reported so far... sigh. This wait is driving me insane, nitpicking at the tiniest things for any clue.

32 minutes ago, nbc21 said:

Northwestern should be end of this week or next.  I hate to be a pest about Harvard, but did anyone else notice that there was one add to the wiki that has no year/no status? Am I to understand that as a mistake? In which case we'd have only had one Harvard call reported so far... sigh. This wait is driving me insane, nitpicking at the tiniest things for any clue.

I've been the exact same way. Considering it is the tail end of Princeton's response range, in the middle of Harvard's, and approaching Northwestern's, it has been a jittery couple of days. I just want to know so I can process and plan for whatever the outcome is.

1 hour ago, Puncherkid said:

I know! They're long shots for anyone, really.

I'm quite torn at the moment. I've been admitted to Chicago, NYU, and Duke. I believe I'd be happy at any of them, so it's a happy dilemma to have. I think I'll have a clearer picture after the visiting weekends.

50 minutes ago, nbc21 said:

Haha! I was telling myself the same, but I also thought it is best not to give myself false hope. I guess it is just best to wait and see!