Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TeamNoSleep

  1. I'm sorry to hear that but like you said, maybe it is a good thing for the time being. Do not give up! I did terrible on the GRE as well, so I'd advise you to apply to schools that don't take the GRE (such as Andrews University and Nova Southeastern University). And if you can, expand your options! I got waitlisted at my safety school and accepted to my top... so you can't ever know. You've got this! You can use this time to beef up your resume and to take a break. Try to get a job related to SLP, volunteer, work on your personal statement, etc. I wish you the best of luck!
  2. lmao I am so glad that I'm not the only one who is thinking like this! I accepted my offer like 2 weeks ago and I got an email back saying like "okay cool thx for letting us know" but I'm still so nervous something will happen and they'll just be like "so, about that offer..." We are being too paranoid lol. We just need to calm down. They can't really do that because 1. they had plenty of time to choose those who they wanted to accept and 2. they know we probably rejected other offers. it would crazy if they actually did that
  3. As long as you have any kind of valuable experience, you should be fine! I have a few friends who didn't do research as undergrads and got into some programs. Schools look at different things. I would encourage finding something to do this summer like volunteer, shadow, anything, as well as the start of your senior year prior to applying. I didn't start volunteering until my senior year and I think that helped me get in.
  4. I clearly have the background and experience! My GRE scores were similar to yours, so I decided to apply to programs that didn't take GRE scores. I applied to NOVA (in FL) but online and a school in MI named Andrews University. I got into both. Do not give up. You will get in somewhere. Find schools that meet your stats and do not be afraid to apply to schools that seem like a reach. I got waitlisted to my safety school and into my top choice. Each school looks for something different. I know people who got in with your GPA as well. So, don't feel discouraged. I would suggest going all out next round. I know applications are crazy expensive (as I am sure you know, too), so save up haha. You've got this! Son;t give up! You have so much experience that any grad school should be happy to have you.
  5. I applied to 8 schools. Got accepted to 6, waitlisted at one (which was my safety school) and rejected from one.
  6. Thank you! I was looking this up (not geared towards SLP tho) and so many comments were discussing how unprofessional and unethical it is because you gave them your word. It made me feel guilty, but ultimately, I must choose the program that best fits me and my needs and own up to my mistake with my undergrad institution.
  7. Yeah, I think the only thing that worries me is that they really want me (idk why tbh) and I feel so unprofessional doing this, but ultimately, my education is what matters to me. Hopefully, they'll understand. I plan to let them know this week.
  8. That's what I'm being told too! Like, I hope that's the case but what if it isn't? It's so tough because you don't how they're going to react or what they'll think after you do it. I keep getting mixed messages too on here at least (like when I look it up like burning bridges and starting off on a bad not) but our field isn't so small that it could ruin my reputation...right? Lol, I may be overthinking this. It's not like I am randomly changing my mind - I made a mistake thinking I was rejected from another school. And no worries! Feel free to vent haha we all gotta let it out!
  9. Thank you for replying! It’s nice to know I’m not the only one but I’m sorry you might have to go through this. Basically, it’s all my fault. I thought I was rejected from my top choice so I accepted my school’s offer and literally the next day, I found out that I was actually accepted to my top choice. So now...I’m very stuck 😕 I feel like an idiot honestly. If only I waited it out a little long. I love my school but I know the other program is a much better fit for me. I think I MIGHT have to go through with this and let them know of my mistake but I haven’t made an officls decision. Hoping to do that by the end of this week.
  10. Hey! So I don’t have to place a deposit. So basically, I thought I was rejected from the my top choice (but I wasn’t, I gave them the wrong email) so I decided to accept my school’s offer. And then, behold, next day I find out I got into my top choice. So I’m very stuck. I love my undergrad institution and the professors and all but I know that the other program I got into is a much much better choice for me.
  11. Has anyone accepted an offer and then changed their mind and rejected it??? I think I might have to do this and I'm worried an issue might occur. I haven't heard anything about a deposit for the school I accepted, however, I am nervous there will be consequences if I ask them of this!! Btw, this school is my undergraduate school! So it's gonna be awkward too!
  12. Has anyone accepted an offer and then change their mind and rejected it??? I think I might have to do this and I'm worried an issue might occur. I haven't heard anything about a deposit for the school I accepted however, I am nervous there will be consequences if I ask them of this!! Btw, this school is my undergraduate school! So it's gonna be awkward too!
  13. Definitely encourage applying to less competitive schools, however, I would also advise applying to reach schools. I got accepted to all except 1 of my reach schools and was waitlisted at my safety school. You never know! And make sure you look into each program to ensure yourself whether you can see yourself attending there or not!
  14. Totally feel you! But trust yourself! I keep reminding myself that even if I did forget some things, it's not like I've never seen them. You'll relearn without even knowing. It's not a foreign language, we know so much more than we think we do! Trust your abilities!! (This is advice for me as well lmao)
  15. I already asked this question on here, but I got to learn more about the program that I am interested in attending for this fall. The program that I would really like to attend is about 1 to 1:10 hour commute, however, I found out that the first semester, I only have to go to campus for classes 3x a week, and the semesters after that (in which I begin my clinical placements) I'm only required to drive to campus for classes 2x a week. They try to to work with you to get placements near where you live. I also found out that about 5-10 students a year usually commute from my city as well and heard that it's definitely doable. With all of this information, do you guys think its a good idea to commute? Thank you!
  16. Thank you for your input! So nice to know someone else is also doing the same. So, I'm unsure as to whether I'll be going 3x a week or 5. Let's say it's 5 (I also live where it snows, ugh) would that be crazy?
  17. Okay, so I got into a program that I'd really like to attend. The school is about an hour to an hour and 10 mins away. I have no clue if I'll need to go to campus every day M-F. But I do know that their clinical placements are off-campus and they will usually be 3x a week and the summer will be 5x a week but ill be taking fewer classes. So, let's say I have to drive an hour to an hour and mins only 2-3 days a week and my clinical placements are less than that...is that crazy? I would prefer to stay home not only to save money but for other personal reasons. What do you guys think?
  18. Yes, so that's why it has been more a struggle for me to choose. I know I'll put in all my energy, time and effort into doing my best in the program, but I just don't know if I'll be able to handle it.
  19. I declined my offers at Central Michigan University, Eastern Michigan University, and Andrews University.
  20. Yeah so Grad school A is accelerated and that is most of the reason why I am not fully on board with choosing that program! I'm nervous to be taking 5-6 classes in addition to clinical placements. But you're currently in a grad program that seems to be almost just as intense...so you think I can do it? And yeah I would finish in 4 semesters (so my first 3 semesters are courses and clinical placements, and my last and final semester is a full-time internship) versus program B, which would take 5 semesters to complete (they only require 51 credits in order to graduate and grad program A requires 60 credits). If the program was not so intense, I would choose this program without a doubt. I just don't want to lose my mind and I want to make sure that I will be a fully competent SLP when I'm done. Thanks btw!
  21. So, I got into 2 grad programs that I really like. We will call them grad program A and B. A: I live 15 mins away, but with taking the bus, I would probably get to campus in about 20-30 mins. However, I will be taking 16 credits each semester including clinical placements. B: I live a few mins over an hour away. However, I'll be doing 12 credits a semester including clinical placements (two of the semesters is only 6 credits tho). Tuition wise, this is slightly cheaper. If I move to be closer to campus, this will def be more expensive. I really really want to save money. I live where it snows over the winter so that may impact commuting. Which program would you choose?
  22. Yes, I'm thinking of doing that! There are both pros and cons to each program, so I'm trying to learn more about them first and then make my choice! I really hate that I made the mistake of accepting my offer when literally the next day I found out I did get into the other program, but oh well haha
  23. So, here's the thing. I was accepted into the graduate program at my institution (which I am very happy about bc its one of my top) however, I was more interested in another program I applied to (which is a bit more competitive). I found out that they were sending out decisions not long ago, however, I did not hear anything, meanwhile, everyone I knew who applied there did hear back (even saw decisions on here). I assumed I was rejected. I know it was stupid of me to assume without asking them first, but I was not confident that I would get in. So, I accepted my offer at my institution bc I would still be happy to attend and I felt I already took too long to respond. Turns out, I put in my email wrong and an acceptance letter was meant for me to receive the same day they sent out the decisions. I am very happy, however, I'm unsure what to do. I know that accepting an offer and then rejecting it is kinda frowned upon. It is at the institution that I am currently attending, so if I do change my mind, I'll be seeing my professors who made the decision to offer me an acceptance. It's kinda awkward. What should I do??? It's not like I'm declining an offer, but declining an offer I ACCEPTED. I know this is my fault and fully my dumb mistake. I am fully aware that I am the one to fully blame.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.